Login

russian armor

[Game Mode] Attrition

1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 31 Oct 2014, 18:29 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Attrition Game Mode

Commander, HQ has designated the given territory as a strategic point of interest. Intel indicates that enemy forces are positioned nearby and poised to make an advance. Take and hold the area or eliminate the enemy, the choice is yours.
Each player is requisitioned a limited number of resources to build and deploy their company with. Since resources are limited, loses must be kept to a minimum.
  • Players have access to almost every unit within a faction, including heavy armor. The only limiting factor is population and resource cost.
  • Capturing territory increases the team’s population cap; thereby allowing them to deploy more units.
  • Typical game length is 8-10 minutes.
  • Subscribe to Attrition here!

We are interested in getting feedback related to balance and gameplay. Let us know if a change is needed to better balance the potential match ups. We are also interested in knowing what you think of the new game mode and any feedback or suggestions you might have for future iterations.
31 Oct 2014, 18:30 PM

Looking forward to trying this when I get home. Nice!
31 Oct 2014, 18:35 PM

Very nice mod. Quick and tense matches that always gets down to a battle of attrition, as the mod title suggests. :D
rly
31 Oct 2014, 18:36 PM

Played a game vs the AI and find the whole idea pretty cool. Who knows, maybe in 12 months this game mode will be what everyone is playing. I realised though that I had some l2p to do since I had literally no idea which units to go for and in which order :S
31 Oct 2014, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 18:36 PMrly
Played a game vs the AI and find the whole idea pretty cool. Who knows, maybe in 12 months this game mode will be what everyone is playing. I realised though that I had some l2p to do since I had literally no idea which units to go for and in which order :S

It works best against players, and yea, it's a little hard to know what units to get at first but you get the hang of it.
31 Oct 2014, 19:02 PM

It's a really cool idea. I think it would be even better if it was similar to the Wargame series' desctruction mode where you start with limited resources and you earn more by destroying enemy units. That would be really cool if it was another mode separate from this Attrition mode, perhaps, since ideally it would run the length of a normal match in my perfect world.

More to the point on this version of Attrition, the limited fuel means a lot of the time anything but heavy tanks and tank destroyers don't seem as valuable since you can only get 1-2 units out that cost any amount of fuel. As I said, I think a small income per enemy unit destroyed would make the game mode more interesting.
31 Oct 2014, 22:10 PM

does this sounds like OMG mod for CoH1?
1 Nov 2014, 02:28 AM

This was my first thought when seeing the announcement of this mode that it would be like EIRR or OMG, either way I am thrilled with the most recent developments of COH2 and my only fear will be they came too late. (I hope not)
1 Nov 2014, 12:28 PM
Donator 11

I like it!
It leds to some immediate, micro intensive battles where the survival of a sigle men counts (won with a single guard and a sniper ^^). Its a good practice for automatchers who constantly fail in lategame. :)

Balancewise there will be too many of them, beasue only few unit combinations are really worth it. The horror if someone calls in an Opel... o_O
But the only thing that bugs me right now is that you can't call in the okw pz4 battlegroup with standard ressources (needs 10 more fuel to do that i think).

BUT please ( maybe i missed it somehow)
make mod filters for public matches or mods availible for automatch.

OT
- Make filters for friends / playernames in observermode aswell.
- enable scrolling down the list of games with arrow keys
:P

4 Nov 2014, 16:20 PM

I like this mode, but some abilites and units need some tweaking. For Instance the Tiger Ace. Since there is no resource income, the Tiger ace is totally unbalanced.
4 Nov 2014, 18:09 PM

Same here, the tiger ace will break everything. You can have one + one panther + infantry, not sure you can stand in front of that.
4 Nov 2014, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 18:09 PMEsxile
Same here, the tiger ace will break everything. You can have one + one panther + infantry, not sure you can stand in front of that.

Not with the resource given in this mode(200 fuel), you can't even call in a IS2/ISU152 or the double T-34-85. There should be enough starting muniton and fuel to use any commander ability in the game once.
Nvm I forgot all other faction start with 260 fuel and OKW 200.
4 Nov 2014, 19:03 PM
Senior Editor Badge

someone on steam workshop make a modified version of Attrition gamemode with supplys:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=335080995&searchtext=
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 4 Nov 2014, 22:41 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Update:

- Removed fuel and munition caches from the mode
- Tiger Ace cost increased from 800 MP to 1000 MP and 260 FU
4 Nov 2014, 23:36 PM

I tried it, it was fun.
But i rather have a mod with nearly the same game play (Aka popcap related to territory capture only) but with the rest the full game rules.

Thanks
6 Nov 2014, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 19:03 PMnigo
someone on steam workshop make a modified version of Attrition gamemode with supplys:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=335080995&searchtext=

I don't want to hurt pqumsieh cause Attrition mod is a really good idea but that one sounds more interesting.

Coming back to Attrition game mode itself. there is maybe a way to have something funniest and enforce people to play aggressive but on the same time to have more options available.

So instead of a mode - 1st to XX pts won the game, why not a count down but owning flags only slowdown it for your team.

I.E
Everyone start with 500 points. when the game start, everyone lose 10 points every 10 seconds.
If nobody hold a victory point in the entire game, the game ends around 8 minutes as a draw.
For every victory point hold, it reduces the number of point lost by 2. According to the fact there are 3 VPs per map in general, holding 3 VPs reduces the CD to 6 points per 10 seconds for the team.

From that, you can add supply drops for each team on a regular basis, like every 2 minutes. So people can reinforce and build strategy around.

Supplies can be different from the usual MP/Ammo/Fuel. I don't know if it is possible but, why not a vet bonus crate, an healing one and a fast repair kit (only pickable by a motorized unit).
It can be a mix or, rounded - 1st scheduled drops are Bonus, 2nd are MP/Ammo/Fuel, 3rd are bonus etc...

Any comment on that idea?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak