Login

russian armor

Axis Comebacks

31 Oct 2014, 13:17 PM
31 Oct 2014, 13:32 PM

I played 4v4 AT and 3v3 AT quite a bit, 75% of the time as German.

In the last two weeks alone, I have had at least 6/7 games whereby my team (Axis) have been down to 10 VPs and on one occasion, even 4 VPs, and still managed to make a come back and win the match despite the Allies having anywhere ranging from 480 VPs to about 300.

It is usually down to the fact we throw everything into one attack, the OP units help, but throwing every bit of infantry you have at that VP is the key usually.
31 Oct 2014, 13:38 PM

^^

A lot of those heavy German tanks (KT and JT) are, when parked on an objective, literally impossible to shift. Especially with the power tanks have vs infantry and the overabundance of German AI infantry... (Obers particularly)
31 Oct 2014, 13:43 PM

^^

A lot of those heavy German tanks (KT and JT) are, when parked on an objective, literally impossible to shift. Especially with the power tanks have vs infantry and the overabundance of German AI infantry... (Obers particularly)

Yeah exactly... and if its down to each side having sub 100 VPs each... you only need to keep that tank alive on the VP for a few minutes!
31 Oct 2014, 13:45 PM

Indeed, my worst nightmare if I'm allied is in a close game a KT or Tiger just parking on the objective and not going anywhere. You have to attack it, all its support will be there and you need some seriously heavy stuff to shift it, which you often won't have...
31 Oct 2014, 13:46 PM
Benefactor 115

I felt the same in many instances and realized that it in the end happens when playing any faction.
Main reasons are that you were having not that big of a lead as the one you thought, that you felt too comfortable and started making wrong assumptions and that ultimately early game advantage is not THAT important (which is in the end good for the game imho).
31 Oct 2014, 13:51 PM
Donator 22

It is easier to rush with 3-4 Pz4, stugs etc. into the enemy lines, loose everything or kill everything and get on top a Tiger Ace "for free". :bananadance:

31 Oct 2014, 14:17 PM

This normally happens to me and my 3 man team (We mostly play allies) and honestly we try to end the game ASAP, and depending on the commander choices they axis have I we have to do our best to make them somehow quit or push into there base and de-tech them.

Theirs NOTHING more annoying to be winning the game, holding 75% of the map, both fuels, and out of the fog of war is ether 2 tigers from the same player being supported (Easymode late-game truck commander) or a Tiger Ace being followed by a blob of vet3 grens (Elite commander). Yes we have more problems with east germans than OKW.

Why? I have yet to see a OKW player who doesnt send there KT in alone. My team fears Tigers more than the King tigers, there too slow after blitz and fire too slow, and we overwhelm them with firepower.

I know that a Axis combined arms counter-attack is very deadly, but when its at the point of the game where they should be starved for resources but aren't? Thats the problem.

Honestly what ends our games at that point is a super-blob of volks-shecks and old Pak-gun blobs. Just A-moving there way to victory. Our armor is knocked out trying to defend but they normally get all of them, then a super blitz tanks of the Panther kind come out of the fog of war and its a slow retreat back to base.

Really bad bazookas and PTRS armed conscripts can only do so much.
31 Oct 2014, 14:34 PM

I think a major problem comes from the OPness of Axis hand-held AT, mainly shreks when used in blobs. And also explains why people like ISU (and to lesser extend IS-2) so much. They are the only Allied armor that can reliable scare away Shrek blobs.
31 Oct 2014, 14:35 PM

I don't care how favored people say okw is. That low of a fuel income is such a late game hindrance. Maybe if allied players would stop having manpower battles with obs and instead having fuel battles against panthers they wouldn't complain about how shitty the match up is. Sorry this isn't vcoh where rifles with bars isn't a viable strategy against everything.

This is an overgeneralization. Most 4v4 games end up being late game armor battles. Don't forget, Axis armor is a lot better than Allied when compared pound for pound.

You allie fanboys are just cherry pickers. Here's likewise a replay where a ally team came back after only being left with 22 points. Against good players.

Comebacks happen to both sides, it's what makes the game so interesting.

I once lost a game with 1 point left, I ticked down from 500.

If you allow comebacks, then only because you were overextending while forgetting to fortify your position with mines, healthy back up squads and the lack of counters.

you are cherry picking as well.... <444>_<444> No one is saying that comebacks shouldn't happen. It just seems that it is much easier to come back in a game as Axis.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 12:26 PMJohnnyB

Now this is an exagerration.

You would be surprised. If the Allied team isn't pushing into the Axis base at ~20min or has anything less than 70-8- percent map control, you can expect probably one KT or Tiger coming

31 Oct 2014, 15:04 PM
Donator 11

Axis players really don't get punished hard enough for bad play tbh. One minute you can have the axis all the way back in their base, they roll out tiger ace or jagtiger and you get pushed into gg you loose. Even if you take out axis late armor and crush their early game, they can always come back.
31 Oct 2014, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 15:04 PMMittens
Axis players really don't get punished hard enough for bad play tbh. One minute you can have the axis all the way back in their base, they roll out tiger ace or jagtiger and you get pushed into gg you loose. Even if you take out axis late armor and crush their early game, they can always come back.

As far as I could see untill now comebacks are possible for all factions.
I had a 2v2 game yesterday for instance where Allied pushed us back real hard using just infantry and some light vehicles + AT guns. 70-80% of their army was just infantry. No comeback, it was gg.
No doubt, they were competent players, but if a team is capable of comeback it doesn't automaticaly mean that the factions they are playing with are OP.... I mean, what should I do now, complain about how OP is an Allied blob?!
31 Oct 2014, 15:13 PM

delete post
31 Oct 2014, 15:17 PM

It's why the badly design overpowered ISU-152 is still needed to finish the Axis off in those game... and yes i'm still learning to play.

Thanks
31 Oct 2014, 15:18 PM

delete post
31 Oct 2014, 15:36 PM

I dont play 4s, but if you have a problem with heavy armour camping VPs, the B4 is your friend. With Mother Russia it quite literally oneshots a KT. Just saying.
31 Oct 2014, 16:21 PM

I find that as the Allies it is harder to comeback when you lose the map b/c you need tanks which usually can win the game by themselves(soviet tanks are better but USF can do this literally capping and repairing)

As the Axis it is harder to comeback when you lose your army b/c you usually need a more combined arms approach, the map usually is less important since basic manpower units are more cost effective than allied options.

So in short the axis may never have been in a large hole to begin with, map control is not the whole game
31 Oct 2014, 16:29 PM

Permanently Banned
but how do you come back as USF
raw
31 Oct 2014, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 08:27 AMJohnnyB

I am curious, are you actually playing this game?

I didn't even buy it.
31 Oct 2014, 16:49 PM

Permanently Banned
losing units as usf is gg. plain and simple

losing viable units as sov. such as snipers and guards is gg

as OKW i had a game yesterday where i lost 1 mg34 3 sturmpios from a luck mortar, and lost to shreked volks from a luck demo.

axis is simply easier to play. very forgiving.

i built a KT and made double obers. My KT got 87 kills and vet 5. obers got a combined total of 154 kills.

i cant find my sepf to play allies for long periods of time anymore.

USF has no elite infantry in t4. jackson has a hard time penetrating a panther and above. hell, it even has trouble against a vet 2 p4 with skirts.

sov get very boring and too east to counter. mortar halftrack flame ability makes their t2 useless. stuka does the same.

spamming penals or cons wont work cus they dont scale. shocks are easily denied with proper mg placement and support.

and axis have way more options

sov its either t1 or t2. transition into call-ins

usf is ur good for the first 10mins. then its an uphill battle. U think u are wining, then a tiger ace will end everything.

If ur oportunity window is huge for usf or sov thier is no reason to lose. get mines ATG's amd tanks.

If ur window is very small, then there is little u can do.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★