Login

russian armor

AmiPolizeiFunk

PAGES (12)down
8 Feb 2014, 22:47 PM

You're too lazy, I see.
pez
8 Feb 2014, 22:50 PM

I don't see a problem with anything Ami said. It's the same sentiments a lot of us have had for a long time, except his opinion gets scrutinized a lot more since he's been such a figure head for the community.

Meanwhile, DietBrownie can sit here and talk all the shit he wants on anything or anyone, which is exactly what he's doing.

You're trying to instigate a fight out of someone who has done years worth of work for the community, and finally voicing his opinion. On top of that, he's not a coward trying to take it down or "lie" about anything (in quotes, because you seem to think he's lying about something).

If you're so pissed off about the issue, why don't you go start a community based on your morals and standards and run it however you want, you're clearly only contributing garbage to this one.
8 Feb 2014, 22:54 PM

Commercials and other advertisements never have credibility, p[people trusted AMI since he was such a significant member of the community and has been here for a long time. Ads and commercials are different from this. People are angry that he talked a bunch of shit to Relic and members of the community, that is all. He lost all credibility from this community. He is two-faced. That's what I'm saying here. If I were to agree with you, we both be wrong.

Sorry to break the news to you but you are not THE community only a member so if Ami lost credibility anywhere it was only with you. Ami personally is one of the best promoters the game had. If anything him being honest should have given him even more credibility... did you honestly think that he would bash the game while he was being paid to do the show?

Would anyone bash a product that was earning them money (how little that may be).

The game had great potential BUT FAILED miserably, why? Probably because relic didn't listen enough to the community. So many issues were seen during the alpha/beta phase and Relic didn't do crap... it's not Ami's fault.

And for the 100th time, him not caring about watching others streams even his own show is NOT bashing ffs.
8 Feb 2014, 22:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2014, 22:50 PMpez
I don't see a problem with anything Ami said. It's the same sentiments a lot of us have had for a long time, except his opinion gets scrutinized a lot more since he's been such a figure head for the community.

Meanwhile, DietBrownie can sit here and talk all the shit he wants on anything or anyone, which is exactly what he's doing.

You're trying to instigate a fight out of someone who has done years worth of work for the community, and finally voicing his opinion. On top of that, he's not a coward trying to take it down or "lie" about anything (in quotes, because you seem to think he's lying about something).

If you're so pissed off about the issue, why don't you go start a community based on your morals and standards and run it however you want, you're clearly only contributing garbage to this one.

I actually give Ami props for finally stating his true opinion after all this time even though he didn't expect the community to see this stream. I don't hate the man or dislike him. I want him to move on and wish him the best of luck. He didn't do a mass ban on users or members. The wrong thing he did was that he said some bad stuff to a few people who really don't deserve the hate, yes most of it was true but it was overboard.

A lot of people didn't expect Ami to be so two-faced, that's why others are angry. People say he didn't say anything bad, that's where I disagree with them. I said I appreciated all the work he has done, but I said that a few particular others wouldn't be as appreciative like us.

I wish him the best luck and it's sad to see him to be like that, but there is nothing we can do. As I said in the beginning who am I the one to judge him, but few others have reasons to be upset at him. Do I have a reason to hate him, no, I don't. The reason why I'm here is because some people are treating him as a saint, even though he a made a mistake, which he said for himself he did.
Neo
8 Feb 2014, 22:58 PM

He said he doesnt care about any other casters who are significant to the community...

He was saying that he doesn't find the game engaging. Stop exaggerating.

8 Feb 2014, 23:04 PM
Donator 11

Imo ami fucked up but im tired of people totally stomps someone to the ground and back to square 1 after YEARS of work and dedication to a game and the community after they screw up once.

Just a pity his true opinions had to come out this way, i think casters should be more honest about the game they cast and stop pretending its perfect and secretly they hate it.
8 Feb 2014, 23:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Ami, im proud of you! :)
9 Feb 2014, 00:01 AM

People are I am angry that he talked a bunch of shit to Relic and members of the community, that is all. He lost all credibility from this community DietBrownie. He is two-faced. That's what I'm saying here. If I were to agree with you, we both be wrong.

Fixed for ya buddy. Ami and Marcus busted their asses for the show when many of the other guest casters especially the strategic oriented ones weren't even interested in covering CoH2. Though the show brings a lot of publicity to the game, I don't ever remember him saying anything about how great the game is, in fact he doesn't even pressure his own clan mates in to playing it. The only thing that disappoints me is that VonIvan was allowed to participate after all the bullshit he did like stalking helpinghans, flaming Relic devs, trolling the shit out of almost everybody including Ami and some other big contributors on this site.
9 Feb 2014, 00:17 AM

Fixed for ya buddy. Ami and Marcus busted their asses for the show when many of the other guest casters especially the strategic oriented ones weren't even interested in covering CoH2. Though the show brings a lot of publicity to the game, I don't ever remember him saying anything about how great the game is, in fact he doesn't even pressure his own clan mates in to playing it. The only thing that disappoints me is that VonIvan was allowed to participate after all the bullshit he did like stalking helpinghans, flaming Relic devs, trolling the shit out of almost everybody including Ami and some other big contributors on this site.

You have a hatred against von, don't you?

Basilone, did you even watched the stream? Because then you would understand that some people would be upset, and Ami even said it himself and wrote an apology. Anyways if you read my other messages, you would've saw that I was grateful for the things that Ami did for the community later on after I was refuted. I'm just arguing with others who are damage controlling for no apparently reason and is just following the bandwagon. Also there's been times where he said that the game has been good now that they fixed issues. I believe it was the semi-finals with PQ. No one knows what goes behind those doors in reborn, but you would have no reason to lie about pressuring people to play, so I obviously believe you. But the time when we saw what goes on behind the scenes, it was a depressed and bitter ami. Everyone are different in public and private, and people who deny that are idiots.

At this point, I just want the topic to die since people finally get it.
9 Feb 2014, 00:22 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Yeah I'm depressed and bitter. SNF5 had less viewers than SNF4. Most of the times the top COH2 stream on this site has 40 viewers. It's not a good state of things. Even the best streamers only draw around 100-150. We were hoping for numbers in the thousands.

The five of us started spending our hours designing and coding this site before we had any idea that THQ was bankrupt and would be flipping Relic to the highest bidder last December. I'm impressed with what Relic did with the game under those circumstances, but we just don't have the kind of game currently that has a chance to become big in e-Sports, no matter how much we try to help it along the way.

My main beef is that I think the franchise has great eSports potential, but it is not being prioritized or capitalized upon. I believe it was designed toward a market that was known (campaign, ToW DLC, big team-game compstomps), instead of towards an emerging market that may have been more risky (eSports & competitions). I believe the former has a more immediate and short-term earnings potential, while the latter has a much larger long term earnings potential.
9 Feb 2014, 00:26 AM

Yeah I'm depressed and bitter. SNF5 had less viewers than SNF4. Most of the times the top COH2 stream on this site has 40 viewers. It's not a good state of things. Even the best streamers only draw around 100-150. We were hoping for numbers in the thousands.

The five of us started spending our hours designing and coding this site before we had any idea that THQ was bankrupt and would be flipping Relic to the highest bidder last December. I'm impressed with what Relic did with the game under those circumstances, but we just don't have the kind of game currently that has a chance to become big in e-Sports, no matter how much we try to help it along the way.

And I don't blame you. That's my point, I think everyone else in your position would be bitter. I'm saying that people are always different in public than private. Is it a good trait, no, but we all have it.
9 Feb 2014, 00:35 AM

Sorry to break the news to you but you are not THE community only a member so if Ami lost credibility anywhere it was only with you. Ami personally is one of the best promoters the game had. If anything him being honest should have given him even more credibility... did you honestly think that he would bash the game while he was being paid to do the show?

Would anyone bash a product that was earning them money (how little that may be).

The game had great potential BUT FAILED miserably, why? Probably because relic didn't listen enough to the community. So many issues were seen during the alpha/beta phase and Relic didn't do crap... it's not Ami's fault.

And for the 100th time, him not caring about watching others streams even his own show is NOT bashing ffs.

The game wasn't as good as the first because of THQ. Relic were most liekly on a very low budget and were rusing it to release under THQ. That's why the graphics didn't have amazing textures and wasn't optimized at all. If relic made the game after they got bought from sega, this game would've been much better and differnt. THQ were about to release this game when the game was during the closed beta
9 Feb 2014, 00:46 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Although I'm sure this isnt how Ami wanted it to happen, i think its good that it did. This is a PR blunder for Relic more than SNF or COH2.org. Their biggest fans and supporters who spent thousands of hours promoting it cant stand what they've done with COH2, at least its out on the table tbh.
9 Feb 2014, 01:56 AM

I really enjoy CoH2 and I enjoyed SNF 5, it's the first SNF I watched. I hope there is a SNF6 at some point. I think the CoH 2 community is still growing and some of these community driven ventures have come before their time.

At this point in CoH2's development it's a little bit naive to think you can monetize community content to a meaningful degree. As others have pointed out, to be in the community content game you kind of need to have a passion for it rather than expect a reward. This is true of almost all games except SC2, LoL, and Dota. Many games still have great communities despite these restrictions.

So you can't blame AmiPolizeiFunk for getting out of that racket. Having blogged (on non-game related topics) and produced guides for CoH 1 and 2 for GR, I can tell you it takes a hell of a lot of work. I can only imagine live casting and organizing tournaments to SNF level would take infinitely more. When you have a job, family, study, and/or other hobbies there often just isn't time unless you are being substantially reward, which just isn't viable for CoH 2 at the moment.

Maybe in a year or two it might be possible to make money from these sorts of events, I hope so. It may be my imagination, but it seems like after the initial exodus of people who couldn't get on board with the game left, the community is now growing again. The game itself has just been getting better and better in my opinion.
9 Feb 2014, 02:02 AM

Permanently Banned
9 Feb 2014, 02:10 AM

I don't see anything wrong with anything Ami said. It's like professional sports, during the week or before the game commentators can be very critical of the administration if games are poorly scheduled or behind the scenes managament is not handled well. These people draw attention to it in an attempt to have the issue resolved by attracting negative public opinion. Unfortunately it may be a bit late and Relic may not have the resources to fix the many problems with COH 2.
9 Feb 2014, 03:03 AM

Really it just makes Ami look like an ungrateful little shit. I really don't understand how anyone can defend the things he said.

Relic/Sega were extremely generous in giving him tons of cash and other DLC prizes. Quinn/PQ took time out of their personal lives to attend his casts, etc etc.

Like what kind of person asks a company for so much money ($10,000 of which he wanted $5,000 for himself) and then turns around and calls them shitty in such a public manner. That's just biting the hand that feeds you.

Sure CoH2 isn't perfect, but guess what - it is a damn good game. Regardless of what people delude themselves, it does require a high amount of skill and there are plenty of viable strategies. Neither Relic/Sega nor CoH2 deserve this kind of bullshit from some one who claims to like the series/community.

Just make up your mind Ami, either say you hate the game and move on with your life or get with us an try to grow the community. I assure you, if you choose to move on, you won't be missed. Hopefully this just lets Relic move on to support the rest of us that legitimately care about this game.

Edit: As plenty of other people have said, the whole Reborn circle-jerk of hating on CoH2 gets really old really fast. Why not just make your own private forums where you can cry all day and spare the rest of us your bullshit.
9 Feb 2014, 03:06 AM

I really enjoy CoH2 and I enjoyed SNF 5, it's the first SNF I watched. I hope there is a SNF6 at some point. I think the CoH 2 community is still growing and some of these community driven ventures have come before their time.

At this point in CoH2's development it's a little bit naive to think you can monetize community content to a meaningful degree. As others have pointed out, to be in the community content game you kind of need to have a passion for it rather than expect a reward. This is true of almost all games except SC2, LoL, and Dota. Many games still have great communities despite these restrictions.

So you can't blame AmiPolizeiFunk for getting out of that racket. Having done blogged (on non-game game related topics) and produced guides for CoH 1 and 2 for GR, I can tell you it takes a hell of a lot of work. I can only imagine live casting and organizing tournaments to SNF level would take infinitely more. When you have a job, family, study, and/or other hobbies there often just isn't time unless you are being substantially reward, which just isn't viable for CoH 2 at the moment.

Maybe in a year or two it might be possible to make money from these sorts of events, I hope so. It may be my imagination, but it seems like after the initial exodus of people who couldn't get on board with the game left, the community is now growing again. The game itself has just been getting better and better in my opinion.

+1

Stonethecrow01 has summed up everything from my point of view. SNF5 has simply come a bit to early in the games life span. With the mass exodus of the competative CoH1 community that occured in the beginning of this game people are blinding yourself if you expect a competative community for CoH2 so quickly.The game has some design issues (won't go in further detail) which have hurt the CoH1 communinty carry over numbers. Balance team has done a great job asides from timely fixing the recent commanders which caused major imbalance/boring gameplay. CoH2 has had slow progression but it is advancing in a good direction.

I know a lot of people expected a lot more from CoH2 in terms of community numbers and viewers, especially those who a doing a lot of work and require that financial compensation for the time they invest. I can see how that can be a deterant for future work and understand the reasoning. That thought is compounded even further when you consider other games which are much more rewarding for the same amount of effort.

I'll keep giving time to CoH2 as long as I continue to enjoy it. I am actually surprised so many people in this community continue to do things despite hating the core game of CoH2 so much. I have never had any Relic support or made a single cent from my years in Company of Heroes 2. Even if I were making money though I would never continue doing something I do not enjoy. Hope is funny that it can make you act differently, whether it be personal satisfaction, money or rewards.

Didn't watch the video but I really hope the people who allowed the SNF5 show to go on by filling in as guest speakers were not insulted. It is sad and concerning if those efforts were not appreciated. Likewise, with any finanical support provided by companies for prizes. You would be surprised how many players were fueled by that to play, especially the "CoH1 Legend's" who were SNF5 propoganda material. I am so glad the top 4 SNF5 players were all people who have stuck with CoH2 from the beginning.
9 Feb 2014, 03:22 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 03:03 AMCieZ
Really it just makes Ami look like an ungrateful little shit. I really don't understand how anyone can defend the things he said.

Relic/Sega were extremely generous in giving him tons of cash and other DLC prizes. Quinn/PQ took time out of their personal lives to attend his casts, etc etc.

Like what kind of person asks a company for so much money ($10,000 of which he wanted $5,000 for himself) and then turns around and calls them shitty in such a public manner. That's just biting the hand that feeds you.

Sure CoH2 isn't perfect, but guess what - it is a damn good game. Regardless of what people delude themselves, it does require a high amount of skill and there are plenty of viable strategies. Neither Relic/Sega nor CoH2 deserve this kind of bullshit from some one who claims to like the series/community.

Just make up your mind Ami, either say you hate the game and move on with your life or get with us an try to grow the community. I assure you, if you choose to move on, you won't be missed. Hopefully this just lets Relic move on to support the rest of us that legitimately care about this game.

Edit: As plenty of other people have said, the whole Reborn circle-jerk of hating on CoH2 gets really old really fast. Why not just make your own private forums where you can cry all day and spare the rest of us your bullshit.

I usually agree with your posts Ciez,but do keep in mind that Ami (along with others) has put in shitloads of time into the creation of all this. Seeing that his expectations aren't fullfilled by a long shot can be devastating to someone's morale.

Let's all just chill out here, stop these assumptions and just sit tight and wait what the coming days will bring.
9 Feb 2014, 04:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 03:03 AMCieZ
Relic benefits from the publicity SNF brings CoH2, its not like Quinn and PQ attended just for charity reasons, they want to do some PR. FYI SNF5 has far less viewers than SNF4 did, its not like their appearances brought a substantial amount of traffic to the show.

Not sure where you are getting those numbers from (maybe you are right) but $5000 isn't very much money for the amount of effort that goes in to these things, especially when you consider that this entire site was built with SNF in mind and its probably being split with Marcus.

Regardless of what people delude themselves, it does require a high amount of skill and there are plenty of viable strategies.
Debatable. Like Purlictor said earlier, players that narrowly passed as above average CoH1 players are now playing on SNF. There is a reason why TFN, Inverse, Aimstrong, Sepha, DevM, Seb, 12azor, aljaz, Guderian, etc. etc. etc. have moved on, don't fool yourself in to thinking its some coincidence.

I don't know where the hell you get this idea that coh2.org is a democratic union of CoH fans. You're mistaken, its a monarchy run by Ami ntd Seb Hicksi and Marcus. If you don't like it then gtfo and make your own website.

If you think that this is just a Reborn thing then are totally oblivious. Tommy, Aimstrong, Inverse...it took about 5 seconds to list out just a couple of the well known people that aren't in Reborn and have collectively been just as critical of the game.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight