Login

russian armor

One-shotting entire squads

13 Oct 2014, 23:49 PM

There are units on both allies and axis that can one-shot squads. There's also artillery that does the same thing. Tanks and artillery (specifically ones that do not use red smoke) that kill your entire squads so casually need to have their modifiers changed. Especially the ridiculous doctrinal shit the OKW and Soviets get. Hard counters in CoH should be due to a fuel advantage and appropriate teching responses, not a doctrinal unit that inevitably comes out in the late game and saves you when your down to 50 VPs
14 Oct 2014, 00:07 AM

The only unit I'd agree with this post for is the ISU because that's the only unit in the game I know of that quite ridiculously 1 shots entire squads. But this unit is known to be OP at moment.

In terms of Call-in arty - you are often warned with smoke or an obvious sound (stuka). In terms of long range arty (such as kats, Lef, B1) you are warned with sounds. You need to pay attention to these noises and move your unit immediately (or retreat).

Fuel advantage is important because it allows you to get tanks to more easily counter other units, but it won't instant win you the game (AT guns with no fuel cost can take out medium-heavy tanks that cost a lot). I do agree to an extent that the 'fuel advantage' is a little lacking at the moment mostly because of call-in tanks. A faction can get better call-ins for a cheaper overall fuel cost to actually teching, but hopefully this will be fixed soon.

It looks like you lost a close game. It sucks, I know, but there are things you can do to improve your chances next time. Rather than complain, watch the replay and try to find ways to improve what you did. Or submit the replay here and ask for some advice.
14 Oct 2014, 00:30 AM

I find no problem with one shots. They don't happen all that often and it's the nature of the game. It what makes this game different then games like starcraft.
14 Oct 2014, 00:41 AM

I would love to find this US artillery ability that one-shots entire squads with any regularity, and without the other playing being asleep at the keyboard.
14 Oct 2014, 00:51 AM

Isu is op and a stuka that can wipe multiple squads with reasonable ease is not op lol. Anyways i dont think its a big deal, what do you expect from high explosive shells or rockets? A small puff of smoke? lol
14 Oct 2014, 00:53 AM

avoid it? your not going to charge a tank silly goose
14 Oct 2014, 03:07 AM
14 Oct 2014, 08:43 AM

B-4, Strumtiger, Stuka - these units have to wipe squads if hit. 203mm, 380mm and 280mm. I can't imagine shot with such big shell which would not wipe squad.
Brummbar, ISU, ML-20, le.F.H.18 should qipe squads occasionally, like a 2/10 shots. 8/10 they should make huge bleed killing 3/4 models.
At least it is how I see it.
14 Oct 2014, 09:44 AM

In 1v1 one-shot squad should be really rare event especially when you have little control over the event. Squad losses should be punishment for silly mistakes not unlucky conditions.

Team games in the current meta it is a little different. One-shot tools are currently the only effective way dealing with blobbing. These tools at least games force player to reconsider blobs and utilization of mass retreat.
14 Oct 2014, 10:32 AM

-I agree. ISU often misses, but when it hits, IT HITS. That's why I don't go for expensive infantry like Obers. Stuka is overrated IMO. I does sometimes wipe the hell out of the enemy, but sometimes doesn't kill a single person. Itd need damage consistency, so both you and your enemy know what is going to happen when it hits.
for off-map arty, you can see the marker and your infantry usually warn you.
-I think they can increase the AOE of the shells (for most of these insta-wipers) but reduce the overall damage (they have done the same thing in previous patches though) so that if you have a full HP squad, you don't lose them.

-I think another solution is infantry spacing. right now, models move so close to each other, specially when in cover (you see a 6 man cons squad squeezing in a trench or behind a sandbag) which makes them prone to grenades, arty or even a single t-34 shot (I have lost the entire Pfus squad with a "single" t-34 shot in yellow cover!)
14 Oct 2014, 10:33 AM

Isu is op and a stuka that can wipe multiple squads with reasonable ease is not op lol. Anyways i dont think its a big deal, what do you expect from high explosive shells or rockets? A small puff of smoke? lol

Yeah, well while ISU and B4 can squadwipe with no warning, you can still hear the Stuka comming. And what will you do? Sit on your chair and wait, or move your blob away?
14 Oct 2014, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 10:33 AMJohnnyB

Yeah, well while ISU and B4 can squadwipe with no warning, you can still hear the Stuka comming. And what will you do? Sit on your chair and wait, or move your blob away?

I never heard off a silent 152mm gun before, must have a pritty big silencer on it lol
14 Oct 2014, 11:20 AM

Without warning? Usually there is recon plane before B-4 and what's more it's very easy to avoid B4. Don't blob, constant move and you will be safe. When enemy already knows I have B-4 and see place encircling his damaged Panther, KT, what ever and does not move it, it's his fault.
Just to say today I killed Jadgtiger, no lying, in 1 minute since it showed up on the field. Was it B-4 power? Yes, but it was also bad skill.
ISU case is little different. It can wipe your squads but you know where it is and yet moving units into range? Wrong.
Vaz
14 Oct 2014, 15:30 PM

Well the support squads are going to sit and wait. Especially mg in building.
14 Oct 2014, 21:29 PM

You want to talk about some bull though, let's talk about how AA Guns from the OKW can't seem to bring down a single loitering aircraft.

It's kinda pathetic when called in recon planes can complete their full recon loiter and fly away without a scratch, despite being shot at by tons of 2cm FlaK autocannons, or the big FlaK cannon on the Schwerer Panzer HQ for the OKQ.

I've even went out of my way to build extra FlaK defenses to discourage aircraft only to have the enemies aircraft completely ignore it.

For instance 4v4 on Hill-331 - My team secures the left side of the map. I bunker down with HQ trucks, barricades, MG bunkers, sandbags, mines, and tank traps. (Fortifications Doctrine)

I set up three extra FlaK cannon emplacements, my teammate places two of his own, and we have 2x Schwerer Panzer HQ's with the big FlaK gun there.

The Allies proceed to call aircraft run after aircraft run that complete their entire loiters despite being shot at by 7-AA guns, further more the Soviets call in precision bombing strikes, artillery strikes, and more because our anti air defenses apparently aren't thick enough to destroy a plane that constantly circles over the area getting shot at.

The AA Defenses were spread over most of the left side, leaving zero missed opportunities to keep steady anti-air FlaK damage on the aircraft.

Considering the significant manpower, 10-fuel, + popcap investment in these defenses. I found myself thoroughly disappointed in their performance. (Or lack thereof)
14 Oct 2014, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 21:29 PMSierra
You want to talk about some bull though, let's talk about how AA Guns from the OKW can't seem to bring down a single loitering aircraft.

It's kinda pathetic when called in recon planes can complete their full recon loiter and fly away without a scratch, despite being shot at by tons of 2cm FlaK autocannons, or the big FlaK cannon on the Schwerer Panzer HQ for the OKQ.

I've even went out of my way to build extra FlaK defenses to discourage aircraft only to have the enemies aircraft completely ignore it.

For instance 4v4 on Hill-331 - My team secures the left side of the map. I bunker down with HQ trucks, barricades, MG bunkers, sandbags, mines, and tank traps. (Fortifications Doctrine)

I set up three extra FlaK cannon emplacements, my teammate places two of his own, and we have 2x Schwerer Panzer HQ's with the big FlaK gun there.

The Allies proceed to call aircraft run after aircraft run that complete their entire loiters despite being shot at by 7-AA guns, further more the Soviets call in precision bombing strikes, artillery strikes, and more because our anti air defenses apparently aren't thick enough to destroy a plane that constantly circles over the area getting shot at.

The AA Defenses were spread over most of the left side, leaving zero missed opportunities to keep steady anti-air FlaK damage on the aircraft.

Considering the significant manpower, 10-fuel, + popcap investment in these defenses. I found myself thoroughly disappointed in their performance. (Or lack thereof)
Just make your own thread. This is completely off topic and will only derail the conversation.
14 Oct 2014, 22:10 PM

Just make your own thread. This is completely off topic and will only derail the conversation.

It is actually on topic- shooting down those aircraft is an awful idea because it'll one-shot entire squads if you're unlucky.
14 Oct 2014, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 22:10 PMacosn

It is actually on topic- shooting down those aircraft is an awful idea because it'll one-shot entire squads if you're unlucky.
But he didn't mention that. He is just bringing up AA capacity out of the blue in a thread about one-shooting.

But yeah it does kind of suck that shooting a plane down can actually be more detrimental the the one shooting it down then just letting it do it's thing.
14 Oct 2014, 23:48 PM

well the isu has no rotating turret, and can be very easily taken out with a panther. and once you got your opponent on the defensive with his isu your infantry can move up much more safely. Alternatively you can just have your infantry march to anywhere else on the map as the isu is also slow as balls.

Its more of a matter of scouting a head with a plane or a flare or something and make sure your not marching your highly vetted and unsuspecting infantry into a resting isu.
15 Oct 2014, 01:31 AM

well the isu has no rotating turret, and can be very easily taken out with a panther. and once you got your opponent on the defensive with his isu your infantry can move up much more safely. Alternatively you can just have your infantry march to anywhere else on the map as the isu is also slow as balls.

1v1 and 2v2 maps are much smaller than 3v3 and 4v4 maps, so "just ignore it" is not a viable solution.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★