Login

russian armor

Is there any point playing as US

28 Sep 2014, 19:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I feel it's the bar's upgrade. Make the upgrade global, make it cost 60 fuel to give bar upgrade to rifles.
28 Sep 2014, 19:33 PM
Donator 11

i kinda agree with that rifleman fall like flies to grens and volks and they cost 280 mp ..

Well yeah. You're not paying more because they're more survivable. You pay more because all things equal, they will win a fight against every other basic squad in the game (except grenadiers at max range where they give as much as they take). They also have lower movement penalties compared to squads that use bolt action rifles.

28 Sep 2014, 20:05 PM

USA faction Change to make the more appealing:

- Reduce the price of the BAR to equip to 50 mun.

- Add a light mortar more in the lieutenant building :
Production/reinforce cost: 230/20 manpower
Population cap: 5
Abilities:
Basic auto-firing -free
Fire smoke barrage - 5 mun.
Hold fire - free
vet 1 -10% setup time;
Vet 2 -15% Scatter -30% Ability Recharge;
Vet 3 +25% Range;

- Lower the captain's building fuel requirement at 65, but increase it's manpower cost at 240;

-Lower the Major's building fuel requirement at 75 but increase it's manpower cost at 270.

-Reduce the time the Sherman need to switch ammo type by 25%.

-Add Call CAP to Major instead of call air recon for 100 mun/120 secs cooldown : Will prevent one air attack or cancel one enemy recon. Last 30 sec. in both case. It must be called before an enemy raid to prevent it, but maybe called during a air recon to cancel it.).

-Add Call air recon to Captain at the same previous cost.

Excellent points. Relic take note.
28 Sep 2014, 21:17 PM

USA faction Change to make the more appealing:

- Reduce the price of the BAR to equip to 50 mun.

- Add a light mortar more in the lieutenant building :
Production/reinforce cost: 230/20 manpower
Population cap: 5
Abilities:
Basic auto-firing -free
Fire smoke barrage - 5 mun.
Hold fire - free
vet 1 -10% setup time;
Vet 2 -15% Scatter -30% Ability Recharge;
Vet 3 +25% Range;

- Lower the captain's building fuel requirement at 65, but increase it's manpower cost at 240;

-Lower the Major's building fuel requirement at 75 but increase it's manpower cost at 270.

-Reduce the time the Sherman need to switch ammo type by 25%.

-Add Call CAP to Major instead of call air recon for 100 mun/120 secs cooldown : Will prevent one air attack or cancel one enemy recon. Last 30 sec. in both case. It must be called before an enemy raid to prevent it, but maybe called during a air recon to cancel it.).

-Add Call air recon to Captain at the same previous cost.

The current BAR could cost 30 muni each, tops. The bazooka needs some rework to deserve anything more than 20 muni. Even the 1919 could receive a better pricing at 50 muni each. This is all considering today's faction status, in my opinion.

The Pathfinders could be a basic infantry type at T0. This could add some variety at initial fights

And mines - please, Relic, give US mines.

The Airborne could use receiving their equipment crewed

I don't mind having the USF without such heavies as other factions, but please, balance this with cheaper muni abilities, for example, or give more muni per strategic point, simulating the heavy industry behind the US forces.

And I'd like the calliope :)
28 Sep 2014, 22:02 PM

Not really. USF is by far the hardest and most frustrating faction in the game to play. You start off at a disadvantage already by literally having no counter to mg's, aside from smoke, however smoke cost 25 fuel and doesn't work against the kubel. The game just keeps going downhill, because in the late game you have to deal with the onslaught of Super German tanks killing your paper tanks. US just either needs new commanders, buffs or an entire redesign, because right now it's just sad.
29 Sep 2014, 00:26 AM

It kinda depends. At my level so many wonky mistakes happen that faction balance doesn't matter quite as much. Most people are not top 200 players or even anywhere near that, so most people are playing against opponents who might make mistakes or not have super smooth strategies. In that case a lot of factions/doctrines are viable.

With optimal play on both sides I don't really see US forces countering an OKW kubel rush.
rly
29 Sep 2014, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 10:43 AMSpanky
USF is fun early game, but late game comes to be a hughe struggle.

Better scaling of riflemen would take care of this, as was the case in vCoH. It would make unit preservation even more important and give the USF player a good chance of not falling behind simply because of time. Vet 3 riflemen in vCoH were badass, but it required the skill not to loose your squads in early engagements. I and many with me loved that dynamic.
rly
29 Sep 2014, 10:50 AM

Not really. USF is by far the hardest and most frustrating faction in the game to play. You start off at a disadvantage already by literally having no counter to mg's, aside from smoke, however smoke cost 25 fuel and doesn't work against the kubel. The game just keeps going downhill, because in the late game you have to deal with the onslaught of Super German tanks killing your paper tanks. US just either needs new commanders, buffs or an entire redesign, because right now it's just sad.

The counter to MGs is called flanking. Works perfect following some training.
29 Sep 2014, 10:50 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 10:45 AMrly

Better scaling of riflemen would take care of this, as was the case in vCoH. It would make unit preservation even more important and give the USF player a good chance of not falling behind simply because of time. Vet 3 riflemen in vCoH were badass, but it required the skill not to loose your squads in early engagements. I and many with me loved that dynamic.

vcoh rifle squads...

soo many memories
30 Sep 2014, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 10:50 AMrly

The counter to MGs is called flanking. Works perfect following some training.

Flanking and smoke, yes I am familiar. The kubel on the other hand is very tough to flank, and smoke is useless against it.
1 Oct 2014, 14:13 PM

What is the point? Because they are newer than Ostheer and Soviets, and therefore present a feeling of novelty.

Once that wears off, I dunno.
1 Oct 2014, 14:31 PM

I disagree with you about priest being shit. If you had a brain you would remember that Relic said howitzers perform better the closer they are. If you are using it at max range good luck hitting something without veterency.

Howitzer push - the new (and only?) USF winning strategy?
1 Oct 2014, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 19:30 PMSpanky
I feel it's the bar's upgrade. Make the upgrade global, make it cost 60 fuel to give bar upgrade to rifles.

That sounds familiar.... I think I saw it in an awesome old game. Too bad the developer of that game never made a better version to replace it.
1 Oct 2014, 15:27 PM

You know, iirc, bars weren't a global upgrade originally in vCoH either. And it was these current devs that made it a global upgrade.

I could be mistaken though.
1 Oct 2014, 15:56 PM

You know, iirc, bars weren't a global upgrade originally in vCoH either. And it was these current devs that made it a global upgrade.

You are.
1 Oct 2014, 16:18 PM

It was a global upgrade from the start, and it worked. As a global upgrade it would work but that's too much logic and Relic isn't the one having some of that.

Then with OF, ToV and CoH 2 we have this staff who are using the first game success while not having a single clue how to get something done. Those chaps who made the first COH are long gone......that's why OF/ToV was screwed (correct me if I'm wrong).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★