Login

russian armor

Relic please delete the elephant and the Ost sniper. Please!

26 Sep 2014, 10:52 AM

Just delete the elephant from game please. I have not seen this 720 mp 245 fuel unit for a long long long long time. It is just a big mobilizable anti-tank gun now. With 70m range it can be a little more useful than ATgun or jadgpanzer 4. Yes it just costs 245 more fuel than ATgun.The ATgun is slow, and so is the elephant. It can be countered by ATguns while the ISU will wipe out ATgun with one shot.

And pls delete ostheer sniper. Sniper can't be a counter to sniper ,well designed thing...
26 Sep 2014, 11:00 AM

Ele is the map hacking scope for Jadgtiger. Kappa
26 Sep 2014, 11:02 AM

I agree the Elefant is effectively nerfed out of the game. I built it twice after the last big patch and it did cost me both games. Usually it can get off one shot (which will hit or miss) and the enemy retreats. I never see it getting any kills.

It can´t escape any attack. It can´t pursue enemy vehicles. It can´t even finish them off if they are driving straight into it - as all vehicles can just stay out of the 70 range.

Effectively a useless vehicle.

The sniper is fine with that rate of fire - it´s super effective versus the US and Soviet T2 openings.
26 Sep 2014, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2014, 10:52 AMatouba
And pls delete ostheer sniper. Sniper can't be a counter to sniper ,well designed thing...
If you can't put the Ostheer Scharfschütze to good use, its obviously only your personal problem.
26 Sep 2014, 11:14 AM

It is just a big mobilizable anti-tank gun now. With 70m range it can be a little more useful than ATgun or jadgpanzer 4. Yes it just costs 245 more fuel than ATgun.The ATgun is slow, and so is the elephant. It can be countered by ATguns while the ISU will wipe out ATgun with one shot.

The Elephant is a tank destroyer while the ISU-152 is an assault gun. And it is more useful AT platform than any other that the wehrmacht has. If it gets countered by AT guns you are pushing too far forward with it.

Also, I don't think that the sniper is even intended to be a counter to soviet sniper. It's just sniper. However, the soviet sniper should be 1 model only IMO.
26 Sep 2014, 11:19 AM

Permanently Banned
While we're at it, lets also get rid of the OKW Searchlight... I mean no one uses it anyway, right? Also Soviet Penal Batallion should be removed. Satchels give too much utility for a faction with only 2 opening strats. And USF Ambulance and Pack Howitxer need to go. Healing/mobile reinforcement and indirect fire are overrated.
26 Sep 2014, 12:28 PM

While we're at it, lets also get rid of the OKW Searchlight... I mean no one uses it anyway, right? Also Soviet Penal Batallion should be removed. Satchels give too much utility for a faction with only 2 opening strats. And USF Ambulance and Pack Howitxer need to go. Healing/mobile reinforcement and indirect fire are overrated.

Am I the only one who still uses Penals????
26 Sep 2014, 12:32 PM

Am I the only one who still uses Penals????

Lenny uses them as well, but its not like Lenny plays seriously anyway.
26 Sep 2014, 14:34 PM
Donator 22

both units are pretty good and fine. I've watched a replay where a single elefant destroyed 4 ISU. You just need some micro :megusta:
27 Sep 2014, 15:17 PM

Just delete the elephant from game please. I have not seen this 720 mp 245 fuel unit for a long long long long time. It is just a big mobilizable anti-tank gun now. With 70m range it can be a little more useful than ATgun or jadgpanzer 4. Yes it just costs 245 more fuel than ATgun.The ATgun is slow, and so is the elephant. It can be countered by ATguns while the ISU will wipe out ATgun with one shot.

1. Ostheer Sniper is fine! He has great Abilitys! He can kill a entire Squad with his Abilitys. Russian not.
2. L2P - Whiner. I told it: German Players are the fastest whiners here :-)) And i am a German, lol.
3. Assymetric Balance!
27 Sep 2014, 15:29 PM

1. Ostheer Sniper is fine! He has great Abilitys! He can kill a entire Squad with his Abilitys. Russian not.
2. L2P - Whiner. I told it: German Players are the fastest whiners here :-)) And i am a German, lol.
3. Assymetric Balance!

WHAT?
27 Sep 2014, 15:45 PM

Ost snipers are an absolute pain in the *** against USF. All you need to do is make sure you don't get surprised by the M20. Against Soviets, Ost snipers are good against T2 openings. Unlike soviet snipers, Ost snipers can also be supported by Heavy Machine Guns from the same tier. This makes it very hard to rush the Ost sniper with infantry.

Elephants still have 100% chance to penetrate nearly Allied armor at every range. The only Allied unit that can deflect the shot is an IS-2; but even then it's a <5% chance and only at max range. The elephant also does very high damage. All USF armor except the Bulldozer sherman dies to 2 hits. All soviet's core tanks and vehicles get either 1 or 2 shotted, their KV heavy tanks die in 3 hits, and the IS tank variants get blown up with 4 hits.

Compare that to say, the AT power of a ISU152, and you will see that the Elephant is a MUCH better tank destroyer.
27 Sep 2014, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2014, 15:29 PMPorygon

WHAT?

His vet round is AoE.

Admittedly, it's essentially a small nade, so it's a very slim chance. But it could happen.
27 Sep 2014, 15:56 PM

His vet round is AoE.

Admittedly, it's essentially a small nade, so it's a very slim chance. But it could happen.

I've shot it in to the middle of a 3 squad rifle blob and wiped about a squad worth between the 3 of them. It was Awesome.
27 Sep 2014, 15:58 PM

His vet round is AoE.

OFC I know it is AoE, and it is extremely tiny.

From 2013, June, as a player mostly played as Ostheer, I have NEVER, EVER, experienced that shit can one click squad wipe.
27 Sep 2014, 15:58 PM

Yea, that Vet 1 ability is pretty neat. 'Knock back' or whatever.
27 Sep 2014, 16:06 PM

Lol why delete them? Sure Elefant needs a buff again but the sniper is very good if you know how to play him right. US players hate them.
27 Sep 2014, 16:13 PM

What buffs Elephants needs? It's awesome tank-destroyer if you know how to use it.
I almost always go for Ele and always it pays me back.
Recently I took down ISU in less than 30sec thanks to Ele support.
27 Sep 2014, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2014, 15:58 PMPorygon

OFC I know it is AoE, and it is extremely tiny.

From 2013, June, as a player mostly played as Ostheer, I have NEVER, EVER, experienced that shit can one click squad wipe.

As I said. The chance is slim.

I've seen a PaK 40 hit five models and I've used a trip wire flare to wipe an entire squad of Panzer Grenadiers. Anything can happen

(fo srs though, trip wire flare + building door = instant lulz)
28 Sep 2014, 04:35 AM

1. How about using your sniper to scout targets for the elephant.

2. Use the sniper to eliminate at guns and move elephant forward little by little.

3. Place a few teller mines to disable Armor then kill with elephant. Use sniper to eliminate engineers who try to repair the disabled tank.

The game can be frustrating, and sometimes you just need to take a deep breathe and go for a walk outside. Get a pen and a note pad to write down which combination of units you want to use. Write down what you want to achieve with units. Then try to think of multiple ways to achieve the goal.

With your list above created go into a match and try out the methods on your list. After the match write down what worked and didn't work. Write down what you should have done different. Now you are on the path to success.

Remember it is war and not all plans work out as intended. Just try your best and analyze the outcome truthfully and objectively. Collect your data and proceed to balance forum for discussion. Now you are on the path to becoming a respected balance forum poster.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★