Login

russian armor

It's time to nerf OKW late game

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
7 Oct 2014, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 16:13 PMNapalm

I really enjoyed that game. I feel the combo of Jackon's and IS2's is great. However, as one of the other posters said previously we literally had to throw the kitchen sink at them to down those tanks. I'm looking for a caster to cast the replay. I learnt something that game as well. Combat Engineers kind of blow at repairs. My armor was kept off the field longer because of repairs compared to the KT's. If it weren't for Romeo lending out his crews I would have been off the field even longer than long which is super long.

Thats because vodka dulls the senses. CEs drop their crappy improvised tools where Sturms whip out the power tools baby! MVGame.
7 Oct 2014, 16:28 PM

Would you mind uploading that replay?

Give me 20.
7 Oct 2014, 16:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

you can also see the video in my twitch past broadcast if you are impatient
7 Oct 2014, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 16:28 PMNapalm

Give me 20.

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 16:37 PMRomeo
you can also see the video in my twitch past broadcast if you are impatient

The story about the almost unkillable KT made me want to see it in game. And if it was as ridiculous as someone described it (P47s, AP rounds, IS2 and Jacksons) imma do a gif about it I think. :foreveralone:
7 Oct 2014, 17:20 PM

8 Oct 2014, 09:02 AM

Except for some gimmicky shit and stuff that is completely inconsistent with game logic- Obers magically fire LMG's while moving. No other unit besides Airborne can do this, Jadgtigers can fire shots through what would normally block fire- the faction is largely fine.

King Tigers shouldn't be core tech. Having an adjusted fuel income just so that mechanics and abilities can be put into the game to give fuel back is stupid. The ability in team games for Ostheer players with the Elite Troop commander to buy vet for OKW players is broken. OKW infantry getting two vet bonuses that each grant received accuracy bonuses is completely off.

That is really all that immediately comes to mind.
8 Oct 2014, 14:23 PM
Patrion 14

There were at the same time 2 KT and 1 Tiger protected by PAK40 and MGs. If you play well enough it's just impossible to lose using that. Those KT were used really poorly and they kept bouncing shots everytime but Romeo didn't use Armor Piercing rounds on their Jacksons and AT guns so probably they wouldn't have bounced that much.

I think they saved the replay, they should upload it to show the people that don't believe KT is really too strong. They bounced shots from 2 AT Gun 57mm, 2 Jacksons while the IS-2 was shooting and P-47 too...that was ridiculous.

You have too spend too much resources to barely damage it and then they run and receive instant repair with Sturmpionneers.

this is it really...; not just KT, Tiger, Pak, or MGs but so many other german units late game.

late game, germans have best of the everything. best infantry, best support weapons, best tanks, best tank destroyers, best artilleries, etc etc. that is the biggest problem in 3v3+. while germans get best of everything late game and get stronger, allies have to keep inflicting damage on them while preserving units because caches will help germans replenish just as fast as allies.

EDIT: dopn't get me wrong. it is interesting that one faction group gets stronger as the game goes on but they shouldn't become a terminator group.
8 Oct 2014, 14:30 PM

late game, germans have best of the everything. best infantry, best support weapons, best tanks, best tank destroyers, best artilleries, etc etc.

8 Oct 2014, 15:19 PM

this is it really...; not just KT, Tiger, Pak, or MGs but so many other german units late game.

late game, germans have best of the everything. best infantry, best support weapons, best tanks, best tank destroyers, best artilleries, etc etc. that is the biggest problem in 3v3+. while germans get best of everything late game and get stronger, allies have to keep inflicting damage on them while preserving units because caches will help germans replenish just as fast as allies.

It's no wonder they won the war.
8 Oct 2014, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 17:20 PMNapalm
Its posted.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/25158/heavy-armor-slug-fest
Just watched. M36 deflected off the rear of a KT WHILE USING AT ROUNDS. That's not right, not right at all.

Why is King tiger spam a thing? It shouldn't be a thing. This is why we need fuel upkeep. Every time one died he just replaced it.
8 Oct 2014, 16:14 PM

Just watched. M36 deflected off the rear of a KT WHILE USING AT ROUNDS. That's not right, not right at all.

Why is King tiger spam a thing? It shouldn't be a thing. This is why we need fuel upkeep. Every time one died he just replaced it.

I think it's a 3v3, 4v4 issue more than anything. Team games seem utterly broken and have been for a while, I don't know why Relic hasn't addressed it.
8 Oct 2014, 16:19 PM

I think it's a 3v3, 4v4 issue more than anything. Team games seem utterly broken and have been for a while, I don't know why Relic hasn't addressed it.
It was a 2v2. The OKW player built no vehicles except KT and he built 4 of them. Despite romeo attempting to counter it by spamming M36s and having a large fuel advantage throughout the game he was still having extreme difficulty keeping them at bay.

To be honest, if he was using any other doctrine he would have lost since there would be no P47 to save him.
8 Oct 2014, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2014, 15:19 PMAvNY

CoH2 is only WW2 themed because some units have on them US stars, some balkenkreuz, and some Soviet stars. But playing it, its practically a German military dominance simulator. We fight by brute force. Germans in this game are good at that. Artillery, logistics, air support, numerical advantage are extremely small factors affecting gameplay, at least when compared to units beating others one and one and Germans having the best of everything, when other games i have played had factions that had only one of: best air units, best vehicles, best infantry, etc.
8 Oct 2014, 16:59 PM

If the Axis player didn't jus throwaway their KTs, they would have won
8 Oct 2014, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2014, 15:19 PMAvNY

What kind of shit argument is that? In a war of attrition you can have the better stuff but get outnumbered and lose.

Best MG of the war: MG42
Best handheld AT: Panzerfaust
Best tank: Arguably the Panther
Best SPG: StuG

Some people here will only be quiet if T-34s reliably beat Panthers etc... Someone has to have a late game advantage. It has always been the Germans in Coh1 and it was no problem.
8 Oct 2014, 17:35 PM

Some people here will only be quiet if T-34s reliably beat Panthers etc... Someone has to have a late game advantage. It has always been the Germans in Coh1 and it was no problem.

Its not like USA or brits had problems winning vs axis in coh1 and player numbers were much more balanced then 90:10% bullshit we have in coh2.
8 Oct 2014, 17:47 PM

What kind of shit argument is that? In a war of attrition you can have the better stuff but get outnumbered and lose.

Best MG of the war: MG42
Best handheld AT: Panzerfaust
Best tank: Arguably the Panther
Best SPG: StuG

LOL my god you are funny....

War of attrition... and yet we have these decisive victories such as Stalingrad, Kursk, Bagration, etc

And LOL about your comments on best tnaks and SPGs. Sure German tnaks looked good on paper with the number of tank's destroyed, thickness of armor, caliber of gun, etc, but many of their supposed "best tanks" suffered from many issues. These issues like logistical problems, weight, mechanical errors, economics. engineering, etc etc are not even captured in the game!!!

This game only captures their best aspects while leaving out their worst. That is why you have these ridiculous KTs and Jagdtigers pwning allied tanks without the drawbacks of weight, mechanical failures, underpowered engines.
8 Oct 2014, 17:58 PM

LOL my god you are funny....

War of attrition... and yet we have these decisive victories such as Stalingrad, Kursk, Bagration, etc

And LOL about your comments on best tnaks and SPGs. Sure German tnaks looked good on paper with the number of tank's destroyed, thickness of armor, caliber of gun, etc, but many of their supposed "best tanks" suffered from many issues. These issues like logistical problems, weight, mechanical errors, economics. engineering, etc etc are not even captured in the game!!!

This game only captures their best aspects while leaving out their worst. That is why you have these ridiculous KTs and Jagdtigers pwning allied tanks without the drawbacks of weight, mechanical failures, underpowered engines.

The butthurt is strong in this post.
8 Oct 2014, 18:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Page 11.....tempers getting short... time for truth and reconciliation, I think....
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight