Login

russian armor

It's time to nerf OKW late game

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
24 Sep 2014, 15:26 PM

Enough is enough.

3v3 and 4v4 are not going to be perfectly balanced, but they don't have to be. I think Ostheer is fine, but there is an incredibly obvious problem with OKW in team games and it needs to be fixed.

Non-doctrinal KT is a horrendous balance decision. Jagdtiger shooting through multiple walls/buildings/200 feet of dirt is flat-out stupid.

I believe the forward medical truck to be part of the problem, but I'd like to see the ridiculous superhero tanks fixed before I make any suggestion to the med truck in team games.

This is self-evident, I should not have to explain it. 90% axis at all hours of the day, ~87% winrate for OKW in those game modes.....

Until they address this, I suggest everyone simply queue as axis. Slower queue times, but less aggrivation, more fun, and you basically auto-win after the 25 minute mark.
24 Sep 2014, 15:33 PM

It sounds to me more like it's time to fix 3v3 and 4v4 games.

I feel the problem is inherent with the game mode more than the faction itself. Throttle the fuel, limit the popcaps or something rather than re-working factions.

I keep seeing complaints all the time about how Allies can't win and how certain units are breaking the game, it's almost always from big team game players and almost always a case of the game just devolving into spamming super heavy vehicles, which is always going to be a problem in any game.

It was the same in Age of Empires III. People would enforce stupid 'No Rush 40 minutes' rules and certain factions were utterly broken. It wasn't the faction that needed re-design it was the game mode that made them broken.
24 Sep 2014, 15:44 PM
24 Sep 2014, 15:48 PM

Nope. The correct title should be "It's time to buff the Allies' late game". OKW is actually not OP, the other factions are just UP which makes OKW look stronger than it is. OKW is the only faction where you can say every unit is good and fits in a role. The allied units don't. Thats the real problem here. Buff Allies late game and you see how the balance is getting better.
24 Sep 2014, 15:48 PM

No offense, but yhis sounds like you just got raped in a game or something :p
24 Sep 2014, 15:52 PM

Agreed, at present the OBK are fantastic in larger team games and I don;t believe it's just late game - they seem to be more than capable at all tiers of the game, in fact I think in team games they are particularly difficult early game too with their Kubels and sturm-pios (I actually think sturm pios were much better balanced last patch thought to be fair)!

As suggested on a recent thread and earlier in this one, Relic needs to strongly think about imposing some more balanced multipliers/penalties to BOTH factions for balance in 3/4-a-side games.
24 Sep 2014, 15:52 PM

Permanently Banned
what I wnat to see:

Nurf kubel

nurf flak hq penetration

make okw pay for their lmg's for falls and obers

nurf stuka

give okw the 66% munitions back. IM TIRED OF SHREK BLOBS

make t34/85 non-doc

make priest non-doc

give usf elite troops equivalent to paras in t4 building

give usf pershing commander

buff zooks

buff Jackson pen

buff BARS

24 Sep 2014, 15:56 PM

what I wnat to see:

Nurf kubel

nurf flak hq penetration

nurf stuka

make t34/85 non-doc

make priest non-doc

buff zooks

buff Jackson pen

buff BARS

What I want to see:
Nurf fanboys
24 Sep 2014, 15:58 PM

Funny how all those OKW threads popped up as soon as Kubel was buffed, but to be fair, allies were already complaining about Oberkommando in large team games before the last patch. So it is time to fix 3v3 and 4v4, without breaking what is already somewhat balanced. 1v1 and 2v2 balance threads are relatively quiet lately, so things are maybe fine, except Kubel ofc.

Time to fix 3v3 and 4v4 maps, so it isn't heavy armor spamfest anymore: reduce fuel income for those maps' captured points, or establish an overall debuff on each team fuel income depending on the game mode: 100% for 1v1 and 2v2, maybe 75% for 3v3, 50% for 4v4 ? It would not require altering the maps in the automatch cycle, would be fair for everyone, and would bring more focus on infantry combat in those modes. Or it would have the opposite effect with people building a shitload of fuel caches instead of infantry with all that spare MP they would have, but it would give an edge to the team that invest that MP into actual fighters, imo.
24 Sep 2014, 15:58 PM

Buff Pack Howitzer! :p

- decrease cost
- increase base range
- increase accuracy

Don't agree with everything on your list, but if we're adding our thoughts on what needs to be fixed...
24 Sep 2014, 15:59 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 15:56 PMKhan

What I want to see:
Nurf fanboys

Dude u posted a while back that u uninstalled this game..

y are u still here?
24 Sep 2014, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 15:58 PMSlaYoU
reduce fuel income for those maps' captured points, or establish an overall debuff on each team fuel income depending on the game mode: 100% for 1v1 and 2v2, maybe 75% for 3v3, 50% for 4v4 ? It would not require altering the maps in the automatch cycle, would be fair for everyone, and would bring more focus on infantry combat in those modes. Or it would have the opposite effect with people building a shitload of fuel caches instead of infantry with all that spare MP they would have, but it would give an edge to the team that invest that MP into actual fighters, imo.

Wouldn't reduced fuel income just hurt Allies, whose tanks are more fragile and have to be re-purchased more often, more? You're losing tanks already, but now it's harder and harder to replace each lost vehicle. Axis are still able to save up fuel for super heavies, but now it's harder to counter because you don't have the income to support proper numbers of your own tanks to counter them.
24 Sep 2014, 16:02 PM

Dude u posted a while back that u uninstalled this game..

y are u still here?

Quote me

Even if I did uninstall the game, I don't see why I should stop posting on the forums.
24 Sep 2014, 16:04 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 16:02 PMKhan

Quote me

its gonna take a while. if u didn't change it
24 Sep 2014, 16:04 PM
Donator 22

what I wnat to see:

Nurf kubel

nurf flak hq penetration

nurf stuka

make t34/85 non-doc

make priest non-doc

buff zooks

buff Jackson pen

buff BARS

24 Sep 2014, 16:05 PM

I don't get this. Why wants everybody to nerf the only good faction. Better buff the other 3 shit factions and you finally get a good game, but no, better choose the lazy-ass method and destroy the only good and well designed faction with overreacting buff recommended by fanboys. Seriously, you guys don't even want to have a balanced game, you only want to battle some guys and insult them to make youself feels stronger and better.
24 Sep 2014, 16:06 PM

Yet another L2P thread. I guess if Relic released their recorded statistics you would see that all faction do well in terms of win/loss-ratios.
24 Sep 2014, 16:07 PM

Wasn't the OP banned btw?
24 Sep 2014, 16:09 PM

Permanently Banned
24 Sep 2014, 16:12 PM

Wouldn't reduced fuel income just hurt Allies, whose tanks are more fragile and have to be re-purchased more often, more? You're losing tanks already, but now it's harder and harder to replace each lost vehicle. Axis are still able to save up fuel for super heavies, but now it's harder to counter because you don't have the income to support proper numbers of your own tanks to counter them.

Because from what I understand, the idea should be something like five or six T34s vs a single King Tiger. But in Team games it seems that the game just ends up being five T34s vs four King Tigers. The fuel should only allow one super heavy, so the US/Sov side can actually counter with strength in numbers
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 13
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %