Login

russian armor

It's time to nerf OKW late game

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
5 Oct 2014, 22:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

There is no moderator online right now, sadly so no locking this thread. But that doesn't mean you all have to respond to this person who is obviously trolling you? Why you can't see that?
5 Oct 2014, 22:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2014, 22:56 PMRomeo
There is no moderator online right now, sadly so no locking this thread. But that doesn't mean you all have to respond to this person who is obviously trolling you? Why you can't see that?

I took the bait...
5 Oct 2014, 22:58 PM

Obers beat shocks unless shocks are now equipped with teleportation packs. They don't insta-vapourise anymore, following the lmg nerfs.

With the recent changes to the Kubel, it is even more potent against infantry, able to pin (red suppression) squads at max range (Don't believe me? Go make a custom game with a friend and try it). However, they now lose HARD to an m3 running into their face because of the reduced damage at all ranges, particularly while moving. Even a sturmpio squad will not be able to deal enough DPS to scare away the m3.

This problem can be easily resolved by mining behind your Kubel, or having an Ostheer ally.

More significantly following the latest kubel changes, is that

in 1v1. Kubel is even stronger vs US due to suppression
OKW again struggles vs SOV due to M3 + Snipers.

Other game modes remain largely unchanged.
5 Oct 2014, 23:31 PM

So you're saying Volks are better than Rifles? Please look at the balance of this game from an objective viewpoint. The OKW are simply under powered since most of their units get wrecked by Russian and US units. For example, I lose Obersoldatens and Volks to conscripts and Shock Troops a lot of the time, and you're telling me that the OKW is OP? I know what directional cover is and I know how to play CoH(I have over 2000 hours of playtime in CoH1 ranked matches), so obviously it's a problem with the balance.

I just think that the OKW have been butchered to the point that Obersoldatens can't even stand up against Russian infantry. What am I supposed to use for anti-infantry? Sturm Tigers? Too expensive and takes too long to reload.

I was about to respond, then I realised you are a troll. Gonna leave this thread now.
5 Oct 2014, 23:51 PM

Has anyone here not played against USA as OST? Buffing the USA ( which in my opinion is OP against ost due to rifleblobs ( as good as LMG grens almost but cheaper, more flexible and more men, Sherman nearly being equvelant to p4 to the point where they are the same but better at killing inf ( AI rounds), and US at guns being fantastic with the AP rounds and Jackons making a mockery of any osteer tank, all the while it can self repair, outmaneourver tanks such as panther and slice through big tanks like the tiger.

Tanks like the m10 worked in COH as they basically could only take 3 shots from a panther, now in COH2 they can take 4-5 shots from a tiger and run off and come back.

People need to think for a second - I'm persoanlly never going to pay for the additional armies and or DLC's and why should I not be able to play ost anymore just cos I dont want to sink any more cash into a poorly made game?

The USA is very, very strong right now anyone saying otherwise is being silly. If OKW is over performing then address that but USA vs Ost is obviously skewed to the USA side of things.

MGs cant take on frontal unf blob assaults, US has doc and non doc arty which makes mince meat out of ost, they have comically strong off map air support which honestly should never be in a game like this, not too mention its huge amount of different inf types while ost still only gets 2 and one is soo heavy MP bleed its basically not worth getting.
6 Oct 2014, 00:45 AM
Patrion 14

People need to think for a second - I'm persoanlly never going to pay for the additional armies and or DLC's and why should I not be able to play ost anymore just cos I dont want to sink any more cash into a poorly made game?

what the hell does that have anything to do with this topic
6 Oct 2014, 00:59 AM

Thread still going strong

Even the most diehard axis players (except the trolls) agree, OKW late game in team games is ridiculous
6 Oct 2014, 01:11 AM

Two T34s rammed my KT at once.. It got shocked for 4 seconds.. Dat shit is OP..

6 Oct 2014, 01:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2014, 22:56 PMRomeo

Because we/i are/m bored.

Katitof, I play Allies as well so it's incorrect to call me a generic German player(What that means).

I know how to play the game since not only was I in the top10 for CoH1 2v2 ranked, but I was in the top10 for CoH2 2v2 ranked a month or so ago. My skills from CoH transitioned fine, it's the balance that's responsible.

I guess you play with another account and 0.5% of allies games makes you a generic german player. Try harder or next time, do as others, hide your playercard.

Tanks like the m10 worked in COH as they basically could only take 3 shots from a panther, now in COH2 they can take 4-5 shots from a tiger and run off and come back.

Tiger/Panther or mostly any other AT source: deals 160dmg.
Jackson: 480hp
Wolverine: 400hp

Maths, not even once.

Note: i guess it's mathematically correct to assume 5+ shots received if the tank doesn't get death crits, engine damage, main gun destroy, abandoned, etc.
6 Oct 2014, 01:22 AM

Permanently Banned
nonsense

This thread is about OKW late game. bye that time most or all of ur volks should be at vet5. You should have obers roaming around.

I dont know if anyone has said it, but i will. Obers and falls against sov and usf infanty are Over Powered.

They de-crew weapons like they weren't even there. the kill like 3 shock troops b4 they can even get close.
Combine this with okw heavy armor. Its an uphill battle for soviets. As for usf if u haven't won in 20min. Its over.

6 Oct 2014, 05:03 AM

what the hell does that have anything to do with this topic

Because people are lumping in ost with OKW - I don't own OKW and I can tell you that as OST you are at a disadvantage against USA - maybe not by a super huge amount but its definitely that ost is somehow stronger or has some super strong late game that USA cant counter.

When people say USA is weak late game they mostly refer vs. OKW match up which is a army I don't and wont own and making the USA any stronger ( as a lot of people are suggesting) will just make ost even more irrelevant.

6 Oct 2014, 05:08 AM

Because we/i are/m bored.

I guess you play with another account and 0.5% of allies games makes you a generic german player. Try harder or next time, do as others, hide your playercard.

Tiger/Panther or mostly any other AT source: deals 160dmg.
Jackson: 480hp
Wolverine: 400hp

Maths, not even once.

Note: i guess it's mathematically correct to assume 5+ shots received if the tank doesn't get death crits, engine damage, main gun destroy, abandoned, etc.

Yeh ok but jackson outranges ost tanks, then factor in missing shots on the regular and its high speed and good overall at coverage and you get tanks that are super hard to kill with ost tanks.

I don't think it takes 5+ shots, but I do think it takes 4+ shots and thats just too much in a game environment especially like you said with lack of criticals that can cripple the tank and make it easy pickings.

Just having a large health pool like ost tanks do does not make them better tanks when allied tanks have faily similar stats.

6 Oct 2014, 05:23 AM

Because people are lumping in ost with OKW - I don't own OKW and I can tell you that as OST you are at a disadvantage against USA - maybe not by a super huge amount but its definitely that ost is somehow stronger or has some super strong late game that USA cant counter.

When people say USA is weak late game they mostly refer vs. OKW match up which is a army I don't and wont own and making the USA any stronger ( as a lot of people are suggesting) will just make ost even more irrelevant.

i dont understand this, how is ost losing to usf. usf are still the weakest faction in the game, rifles are more or less equal to grens. mg42 shuts them down hard, grens can maintain range to win firefights and focus fire to beat remaining rifles up close. snipers can also bleed rifles at a very good rate. once lmg pops in, grens will beat rifles pretty handily.

if usf hunkers down, mht/mortars are going to wreck them without fear unless packhowie. aa ht is a bitch but can be countered by paks.

then late game, there's tigers to push usf at its weakest, the trick is just to avoid jacksons/AT guns while having a pak around to prevent jacksons from kiting tigers.

i think ost still have an upperhand in this matchup, they only need to watch out for midgame when its most dangerous with aa ht and dodging nades. else they can bleed usf pretty efficiently.
6 Oct 2014, 06:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2014, 05:23 AMwongtp

i dont understand this, how is ost losing to usf. usf are still the weakest faction in the game, rifles are more or less equal to grens. mg42 shuts them down hard, grens can maintain range to win firefights and focus fire to beat remaining rifles up close. snipers can also bleed rifles at a very good rate. once lmg pops in, grens will beat rifles pretty handily.

if usf hunkers down, mht/mortars are going to wreck them without fear unless packhowie. aa ht is a bitch but can be countered by paks.

then late game, there's tigers to push usf at its weakest, the trick is just to avoid jacksons/AT guns while having a pak around to prevent jacksons from kiting tigers.

i think ost still have an upperhand in this matchup, they only need to watch out for midgame when its most dangerous with aa ht and dodging nades. else they can bleed usf pretty efficiently.

Scott mobile howie is great, pack howy and preist all do a good job of countering mortar. RIfle blobs are not stopped evenif they walk right into the mg42 and rifles are like grens but are more versitile

Sherman is almost likst p4 but kills infantry better - usa has flak HT which decimates infantry early game and the usa at gun is great too... then it comes to having cheaper but better tank hunters in shape of jackson.. the only thing ost has going for it against usa is that shreks are super stong.. but the platform for them is super squishy.

All in all usa isnt weakest faction in game - vs ost they have a very good chance and IMO they are slightly op against ost.
6 Oct 2014, 07:04 AM

Jorad claimed the US is average at everything, yet their infantry destroys German infantry and they have the best tank in the game that even out ranges the Jagdtiger.

I know how to play the game since not only was I in the top10 for CoH1 2v2 ranked, but I was in the top10 for CoH2 2v2 ranked a month or so ago. My skills from CoH transitioned fine, it's the balance that's responsible.

Conscripts actually do beat German infantry most of the time, and I would know since I constantly get beaten back by Conscripts and M3's.

I'm a german fanboy and your posts give me heartattacks.
6 Oct 2014, 08:24 AM

My problem with Volks and other OKW units is performance difference in vet, Volks at vet 0 un upgraded suck, but when they get to vet 5 they are as good as riflemen, jagdpanzers aren't that good at vet 0 but once they get it they snipe everything, I would rather the performance of Volks etc. be distributed better lessening their endgame power but increasing their early game power.

Just for Volks and others obviously not for Kubelwagons, sturms and jagdtigers etc.
6 Oct 2014, 08:37 AM

Katitof, I play Allies as well so it's incorrect to call me a generic German player(What that means).

Ummm... do I need glaces or...? I'm looking again and again at your player card and I can see no allied game.... are you trolling man?!
6 Oct 2014, 10:18 AM

Ummm... do I need glaces or...? I'm looking again and again at your player card and I can see no allied game.... are you trolling man?!

He wants to nerf the priest and wants to cut the fuel cost for OKW light vehicles in half (50fuel stuka ). Of course he is trolling. Nobody can be that stupid.
6 Oct 2014, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2014, 05:23 AMwongtp

This is not even fucking remotely funny. Despite whining about the kubel the ost vs usf is hilariously in favour for the usf more so then the okw has against the usf. the most expensive tech vs the cheapest tech. m20 and quads can come out before you can get a pak on the field. and of course the superiority of rifles early game.

late game is not as weak as some people wish to believe. the jackson in my opnion is the best td in the game right now.

6 Oct 2014, 11:04 AM

He wants to nerf the priest and wants to cut the fuel cost for OKW light vehicles in half (50fuel stuka ). Of course he is trolling. Nobody can be that stupid.

Remember lolcake, ssheini, sierra, wiking.... list goes on and on.

@Jaigen
I see you have yet to learn what HMG42 is and what does it do to rifles.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS