Login

russian armor

IS2 vs Infantry

24 Sep 2014, 04:16 AM

Does anyone else feel this thing is just too strong vs infantry? It honestly squad wipes almost as much as ISU152 and its pure suicide to even try to attack it or even move near it with any kind of infantry, they will get decimated before you can even get 2-3 schrek shots off. Good luck penetrating the front and its turret rotation is fast enough to punish any infantry flanking from the rear too.

Meanwhile, Tiger for the same cost is not as close to as deadly vs infantry as IS2. I feel this unit is underpriced compared to the Tiger and is more like a KT in terms of general performance.

http://imgur.com/a/oTwPG
24 Sep 2014, 04:17 AM

You must be crazy
24 Sep 2014, 04:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It's absolutely awful against infantry- especially compared to the Tiger, the King Tiger, and the ISU...

Granted, you may have gotten unlucky and had a couple wipes... but really it has a horrendous accuracy and a bad rate of fire. it's a shadow of it's former self when it comes to squadwiping.
24 Sep 2014, 05:04 AM

It's absolutely awful against infantry- especially compared to the Tiger, the King Tiger, and the ISU...

+1

You can still wipe a squad with IS-2 but that's pure random luck.
24 Sep 2014, 05:10 AM

Its a Panther with bigger boom against infantry atm. You might wipe a squad, but most of the time you are highly unlikely to hit the same sector as infantry target.
24 Sep 2014, 05:28 AM

Granted, you may have gotten unlucky and had a couple wipes... but really it has a horrendous accuracy and a bad rate of fire. it's a shadow of it's former self when it comes to squadwiping.

Ok

24 Sep 2014, 05:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 05:28 AMHitman5

Ok

That's four (!) squads standing, bunched up around a corner, not moving and taking shots at the IS2 for 20 seconds, while the IS2 shoots multiple times, not wiping a squad from full (5 men) to zero in any single shot...
24 Sep 2014, 05:36 AM

That's four (!) squads standing, bunched up around a corner, not moving and taking shots at the IS2, while the IS2 shoots multiple times, not wiping a squad from full (5 men) to zero in any of the shots...

If you didn't notice I tried to move a couple of the squads behind but they got cut down to 2-3 men before they could even get there.

3 men is still good squad wipe.
24 Sep 2014, 05:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 05:36 AMHitman5

If you didn't notice I tried to move a couple of the squads behind but they got cut down to 2-3 men before they could even get there.

3 men is still good squad wipe.

you rounded the corner into the front of a heavy tank- if it didn't kill a couple guys there and then, something would seriously be very wrong...

You can't expect to get surprised by a tank, then shrug it off by having your men move around and expect the aforementioned tank miss every shot and do nothing while your men move into a flanking position right?
24 Sep 2014, 05:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Tiger seems more accurate and reliable.
Sure is2 can get some nice shots but it's scatter is bad and just horrible onthe move.

And I bloody hope a IS2 demolishes bunched up squads like that
24 Sep 2014, 05:52 AM

Top gunner on the IS-2 and ISU-152 are really strong, main gun on IS-2 sucks against infantry though.
24 Sep 2014, 06:05 AM

You were blobbing and you ran face first into a tank with large AOE, you deserved everything you got.
24 Sep 2014, 06:24 AM

you rounded the corner into the front of a heavy tank- if it didn't kill a couple guys there and then, something would seriously be very wrong...

You can't expect to get surprised by a tank, then shrug it off by having your men move around and expect the aforementioned tank miss every shot and do nothing while your men move into a flanking position right?

I didn't say it should do nothing, but what it did do was extreme. A Tiger what not be able to that much damage in such a short space of time. My troops were almost all dead before I could even get a shot off on the rear.

You were blobbing and you ran face first into a tank with large AOE, you deserved everything you got.

Moving my troops up the field together and getting surprised by a tank = blobbing now?

We just knocked out 2! IS2s right before that and didn't expect another one so soon. I was trying to move troops around to the back of the sherman and jackson and then the IS2 came out of nowhere.
24 Sep 2014, 06:39 AM

I swear ur right. it shoots a 122mm howi if im not mistaken and it has no splash... so dum... 160 dmg... another thing so dum should atleast have 180-200 dmg if its not getting any splash
24 Sep 2014, 06:48 AM

The main damdge against infantry from IS-2 comes from it top gun, it's main gun is horrible. you lose ton of squad but sending a blob to a heavy tank isn't really smart. and you where playing a team game, of course there is nothing wrong with it, but people shouldn't use it for balance confercesions.
24 Sep 2014, 07:01 AM

A single PIV is more dangerous to infantry than an IS2 right now, and you actually want to nerf the IS2's anti-infantry? Cool. I guess you really, really, really want to see ISU152 every single game, rather than only 90% of the time.
24 Sep 2014, 07:53 AM

The numbers in red explain why IS2 isn't the best against infantry. Shots can miss by 5.7m which is beyond its far range area of effect (3.0). Also the reload is about mid to slow.
24 Sep 2014, 07:55 AM

Its also firing at infantry units which generally have less models though.
24 Sep 2014, 07:56 AM

IS-2 should have lease rear armor it is almost invincible for Ost tier 3, and have a more accurate gun.
24 Sep 2014, 08:00 AM

IS-2 should have lease rear armor it is almost invincible for Ost tier 3, and have a more accurate gun.
FailFish
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
Germany 18
United Kingdom 35
United States 18
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W