Login

russian armor

Ost Mines

24 Sep 2014, 02:50 AM

ostheer do not need to be nerfed in any way
24 Sep 2014, 03:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 01:36 AMTobis

Or you could, you know, use a minesweeper too.

I was referring specifically to attacking the ground. I've already addressed minesweepers

Also 1 minesweeper costs 30 munitions vs 1 patch which is 15 munitions. Furthermore since you can no longer make a flamethrower on the engineers for a quick 15 munitions you get two benefits.
24 Sep 2014, 11:46 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Also 1 minesweeper costs 30 munitions vs 1 patch which is 15 munitions. Furthermore since you can no longer make a flamethrower on the engineers for a quick 15 munitions you get two benefits.

The Ostheer face the same problem when dealing with the soviets, who generally have alot more munitions that they can spend on mines.
24 Sep 2014, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 11:46 AMTobis

The Ostheer face the same problem when dealing with the soviets, who generally have alot more munitions that they can spend on mines.

In soviet case its 100% doctrine dependent.
If you will go for guards, you will struggle for ammo as upgrades and nades will eat it all up.
24 Sep 2014, 12:37 PM

Ost minefield is retarded.

Make it:
-Single place
-Cost divided by 4
-Remove the ridiculous signposts
-Increase radius slightly

Lol at Allies complaining about removal time of a COMPLETE FIELD, while autistically ignoring how long and how much it cost to place the retarded, signposted and stupidly aligned thing in the first place.9

Thanks for bringing up the topic.
This really is extremely overdue.
24 Sep 2014, 13:05 PM

Ost minefield is retarded.

Make it:
-Single place
-Cost divided by 4
-Remove the ridiculous signposts
-Increase radius slightly

Lol at Allies complaining about removal time of a COMPLETE FIELD, while autistically ignoring how long and how much it cost to place the retarded, signposted and stupidly aligned thing in the first place.9

Thanks for bringing up the topic.
This really is extremely overdue.

It takes less time to plant the mine field then it takes to plant soviet mine.

Thank you for your time, waiting for next completely uneducated argument that couldn't be further from truth.
24 Sep 2014, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 13:05 PMKatitof

It takes less time to plant the mine field then it takes to plant soviet mine.

Thank you for your time, waiting for next completely uneducated argument that couldn't be further from truth.

lolwat.

TM-35 Mine - 30 munitions
S-mine Field - 80 munitions
24 Sep 2014, 14:56 PM

So Katitof, you are claiming that an S-minfield, all 4 fields, takes less time to build than a single Sov mine?

Is that correct?
24 Sep 2014, 15:10 PM

Yes. I'm claiming that 4x 2sec is less then 1x 10sec.
24 Sep 2014, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 15:10 PMKatitof

Hate to jump into this little flame war, since it is going so well, but Katitof you ignore that pios do not get to build each plot instantly. They have to walk between the posts. So the total time is longer and dependent on how many grids you make.

I still don't think these should be nerfed as they are extremely vulnerable to things other than minesweepers. Use indirect fire weapons or drive one vehicle over them, done. If you can't be bothered simply walk around them. No other mine let's you know it is there. If you want to nerf the mines in some way, the signs must go.
24 Sep 2014, 15:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Hate to jump into this little flame war, since it is going so well, but Katitof you ignore that pios do not get to build each plot instantly. They have to walk between the posts. So the total time is longer and dependent on how many grids you make.

I still don't think these should be nerfed as they are extremely vulnerable to things other than minesweepers. Use indirect fire weapons or drive one vehicle over them, done. If you can't be bothered simply walk around them. No other mine let's you know it is there. If you want to nerf the mines in some way, the signs must go.

agreed

also enough guys if you cannot be respectful to one another take a break and come back later when you have calmed down.
24 Sep 2014, 15:34 PM

lol, since when is the minefield a problem?

Minefield is fine, to say otherwise is just whiny allied bias. No sane allied player thinks the minefield is OP.
24 Sep 2014, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 15:34 PMArclyte
lol, since when is the minefield a problem?

Minefield is fine, to say otherwise is just whiny allied bias. No sane allied player thinks the minefield is OP.

Yeah I don't get it. Even with 1 patch there's still a sign next to it right? Not sure what the problem is...
24 Sep 2014, 16:47 PM

As I've said knowing that they are there isn't the problem. It is the fact that these little 15 munitions minefields can be spammed everywhere. Unless you deal with them you WILL hit them and they squad wipe all the time if you don't react fast enough. So you have to spend micro and resources to deal with something that takes very little micro and resources to Ost to do.

Furthermore putting a couple 15 munitions minefield by a defended position makes it very hard to assault.

One big 60 munitions minefield is fine. They are a good area of denial weapon that takes time to take out, but is only in one albeit large spot and costly.
24 Sep 2014, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 15:10 PMKatitof

Patch notes put S-minefield at 10s.

As an AI specific mine, the aoe and dmg are laughable compaed to cost. Not to mention the signposts.

As I said, it needs to be single placed, proportionate cost for an AI mine, saignposts eremoved, and its2 AoE incrèased.

Hel, even Arclyte agrees it is under par.

24 Sep 2014, 18:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Several post

It's 60muni.
Little reminder that it takes 10s/4 (for each model building them).
You get 4 patches for each patch built.

I would say that a huge 16patch is inneffective but a single 2,5s patch is effective, specially if built on a retreat path.
24 Sep 2014, 18:16 PM

It's 60muni.
Little reminder that it takes 10s/4 (for each model building them).
You get 4 patches for each patch built.

I would say that a huge 16patch is inneffective but a single 2,5s patch is effective, specially if built on a retreat path.

None of which discounts that it should be 1 patch per deployment, at cost, without signs and it needs an AoE increase.

The whole "field" concept is a failure, and needs to be removed.
24 Sep 2014, 18:26 PM

None of which discounts that it should be 1 patch per deployment, at cost, without signs and it needs an AoE increase.

The whole "field" concept is a failure, and needs to be removed.

I really like mines too, but this would create a serious problem. Being able to building numerous cheap AI mines without any warning would relegate the Allies to building a minesweeper per infantry unit to make sure they could attack Ost. The field is present because it allows the mines only to be planted at 60 so that this cannot be done as easily. On top of that they even get signs to further attempt to mitigate this problem.

To change it now would require a huge reworking of the mine. The best option is to work within the bounds of mine patches unfortunately.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★