Login

russian armor

A simple solution to have a more people playing allies

13 Sep 2014, 18:58 PM

I suggest to give a bonus drop after someone have played both sides. (1 match as Allies + 1 match as Axis). Matches would not need to be consecutive, but the bonus are given only when the condition is fulfill. Meaning you have alternate side.

Example : I play one match as Axis then i play one match as allies so i receive an additional supply drop.

-It's would be only on a voluntary basis,
-It could apply to all game modes,
-It wont change the meta,
-It's rather easy to implement.

Additional and different bonus could be considered, if more incentives are needed to even the queue.

Is the bonus enough ?

Someone has also suggest the great idea that the supply drop received is always from the opposing faction. (Thus forcing one to play both sides to gear is favorite side)

So less waiting on Axis side as more people would play Allies.

With that, i would alternate side more often.(If the wait time is less on the Axis side, i will play them more often)

Comments ?
13 Sep 2014, 19:13 PM

hopefully this does not lead to war spoils farming where people just switch sides and play shitty instead of actually trying .
13 Sep 2014, 20:01 PM

If you want to have even searching rates, this is definetly the wrong way to go. You need to change something in the actual game or balance, to encourage people playing both sides and not just one.
Playing one faction or side exclusively doesnt make any sense to me, but hey, it apparently does for some people.
13 Sep 2014, 20:19 PM

1000 games as allies to unlock axis armies.

Nuff said, we'll instantly have 40% allies. :mcsteve:
13 Sep 2014, 20:37 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 19:13 PMNinjaWJ
hopefully this does not lead to war spoils farming where people just switch sides and play shitty instead of actually trying .

This would just be another win for you if your opponent does it to get another 3% more stinky farts bulletin or something.
13 Sep 2014, 20:43 PM

well hopefully theyre changing the warspoil system so its not based on pure random chance. Something along the lines of what OP suggested would be a good idea. (perhaps make it a little less farmable, like win a match on one of each allies and axis in a day rather than just play them)
13 Sep 2014, 20:56 PM

I don't think a guaranteed drop every 2 games is a good idea but the basic idea of increasing drops when players vary their faction choices is good and should be implemented in some form.
13 Sep 2014, 21:23 PM

I like this idea. Having some control over drops would be nice for warspoils.
13 Sep 2014, 22:23 PM

Nice to see this thread again. Let's hope it doesn't end derailed like the previous one.

If you want to have even searching rates, this is definetly the wrong way to go. You need to change something in the actual game or balance, to encourage people playing both sides and not just one.
Playing one faction or side exclusively doesnt make any sense to me, but hey, it apparently does for some people.

+1

I don't think it's a good idea to lure players with more war spoils, exp or bonuses.
Players will come simply making allied factions more fun and balanced.
Not balance in the sense of being able to win as much games as your enemy, but balance in the sense of having always several choices to build your army making each game slighty different to the previous one while keeping all your chances to win the engagament.
13 Sep 2014, 22:46 PM

Permanently Banned
Make allies more appealing relic...
13 Sep 2014, 22:50 PM

They really only need to make the allies more compelling to play. It's that simple, and there are a plethora of examples of how to do this scattered all over these forums to put it bluntly.
13 Sep 2014, 23:26 PM

They really only need to make the allies more compelling to play. It's that simple, and there are a plethora of examples of how to do this scattered all over these forums to put it bluntly.

Yeah, the sad thing is that there are a LOT of excellent suggestion here and in the official forums as well, but Relic ignores all of them and prefer to keep messing with trivial balance changes that doesn't change the meta at all.

14 Sep 2014, 03:59 AM

Mee too i rather to have better Allies factions, but Relic care only for 1vs1 and 2vs2 game modes.

It's why i proposed alternative ways. If the few remaining allies players switch too play Axis, there will be no more 3vs3 and 4vs4 automatches....And rather lengthy wait time for the Axis....

Thanks.
17 Sep 2014, 21:15 PM

The best solution is to have the option to select "random Faction" in Automatch. People saying that since release but Relic isn't listening!
I hope for that so i don't have to overcome my "fear" to play as okwokw:D
17 Sep 2014, 21:20 PM

That would help. But Allies in 4vs4 would still need some love.
17 Sep 2014, 21:36 PM

Permanently Banned
I honestly like this idea. But it's not going to get people to actually LIKE or ENJOY the allies. They'll just feel forced to play them, so they can go back to playing their preferred faction. What I'm saying is that it doesn't solve the fundamental problems behind why there is such a huge imbalance between Allies & Axis players.
18 Sep 2014, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 19:13 PMNinjaWJ

You do realise it's already to easily farm war spoils by creating a blank map in WB, walling off the enemy spawn, and just waiting a couple hours before driving 12 Tiger Aces into their HQ?

Alternatively, the only way to get more people playing allies would be a huge overhaul of Soviet and a moderate overhaul of USF. Personally, Soviet would need a lot of tweaks, USF could be made better by giving them stock access to 76mm Shermans, which by this point in the war were of higher demand than ever before due to the unexpected armoured resistance (so many panthers) they faced.
18 Sep 2014, 08:44 AM

Well, tbh... great idea!!
That one with 1 game as Axis - 1 game as Allied for an additional war spoil drop(Even 2 -2 would be ok). And random war spoil, as untill now.
The result can be astonishing on this forum.... :) meaning even more opinions that will favor Axis. We already saw this effect in former soviet fanboys.
18 Sep 2014, 08:58 AM

I'm sure if you change the objective to one win per side to trigger the bonus (whatever it may be), without any timer (so that casual gamers can earn it eventually), it would lead people to play Allies seriously (or at least learn how to use them), even if their heart go to Axis side.

And ofc, have a few changes to make Sovs and USF more appealing to play without blatant incentives (but i'm afraid the aspects that repel people are what are the very fundations of those factions: big squad size of mediocre quality soldiers for Soviets, and early game focused without too much lategame options for USF => hard to change without completely screwing the game and/or balance).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★