Login

russian armor

Are you taking a break from the CoH2 title?

13 Sep 2014, 01:58 AM
Donator 11

4v4 USF have no chance, I'm still playing but it's sad, I'm hoping I would be able to find something useful for USF to contribute in team games
13 Sep 2014, 01:59 AM

Permanently Banned
Team games are the most fun, if ur playing axis....

RELIC has completely FAILED to make allies appealing. thus axis have long wait times and peeps avoid allies
13 Sep 2014, 02:05 AM

The sad thing is that most balance issues are identified by the community since months ago, but Relic doesn't do anything about them.

Barely all soviet useless stock units, Ost expensive T4 and Tier structure + call-ins in general are waiting for a patch too long.
Delaying them only makes people to lose all hope.

Even more, the secrecy and lack of information by Relic doesn't help to increase people's expectations.
13 Sep 2014, 02:47 AM

I'm still playing the game so voted no.
I just can't seem to let go of the game even if it's poorly optimised, boring meta, blobbing is not punished enough and the game revolves around call-ins.
13 Sep 2014, 06:15 AM

I've gotten more into it lately, actually.

I play allies often mostly just to get games in less than 8-10 minutes.

I'm playing auto-match from time to time just to have fun, not taking it too seriously, and sometimes I do comp stomp games.

Long term, I'm having fun for now and waiting for modding to open up.

My hope is that the chaotic freedom of player-modification will create a game where soviets are strong but not cheesy, all of Ostheer's tech tree is viable, US has some options besides rifle spam, and OKW can no longer truck push. Maybe a bit less blobbing all around. Call-in meta there, but as an option rather than a must.

The fundamentals of the game are excellent. It just needs some risky tweaking that developers aren't in a position to undertake because they need to keep the game playable at all times.

13 Sep 2014, 06:22 AM

I'm actually pretty happy with COH2 its very fun, I'm very happy relic supports this game as much as it does. I feel like this game's community is thankless and I genuinely feel bad for relic sometimes.
13 Sep 2014, 07:47 AM

Soviets are in a terrible state now. Whatever semi fun strategies that we had were taken away and now we are left with nothing but boring cheese.

Pretty done with this game for now.
13 Sep 2014, 07:54 AM

Yes, I'm waiting for optimisation patch.
13 Sep 2014, 08:24 AM

Soviets are in a terrible state now. Whatever semi fun strategies that we had were taken away and now we are left with nothing but boring cheese.

Pretty done with this game for now.
Conscripts in the right buildings can fight grens and pioniere well.
13 Sep 2014, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 08:24 AMsteel
Conscripts in the right buildings can fight grens and pioniere well.

It's not a balance thread, don't derail please.
13 Sep 2014, 09:14 AM

Yes, bored.

No time to play really, it just takes too much effort to be able to compete in this game. And when I play, all I see is ppl trying to exploit the easiest way to victory by using what ever overperforming units in the game at that time.

It's the other players that take the fun out of the game actually, for me that is.
13 Sep 2014, 09:59 AM

It's not a balance thread, don't derail please.
Sry, unintentional derail. :\
13 Sep 2014, 11:35 AM

Voted Yes - other.

I only decide to spend my free time playing COH2 over doing chores or watch TV, if I forget how frustrating and boring the last time I played was.
And gaps between games are just gradually increasing.

I guess I am losing hope I'll turn COH2 on and have fun or good game and more often decide that I'll probably waste my time on dull or frustrating game.
13 Sep 2014, 15:10 PM

My hope is that the chaotic freedom of player-modification will create a game where soviets are strong but not cheesy, all of Ostheer's tech tree is viable, US has some options besides rifle spam, and OKW can no longer truck push.

If you consider 3x Rifle + Lt spam then you are out of luck because like in coh1 they are the core unit of the faction. Thats like saying "man I'm getting tired of this football (American) meta with people using zone defense all the time."
13 Sep 2014, 15:10 PM

Yes, sort of.

I preordered and played religiously through beta and after launch, but after the how patches and commander releases were treated I abandoned the game altogether. The core design and balance issues that were prevalent in beta became central features of the game, let alone on the agenda to be fixed.

When the Worldbuilder was revealed to be virtually identical to vCoHs (almost stripped down) and mod support was removed, it left a very terrible taste in my mouth.

I started playing again shortly after US/OKW was released as my friends kept inviting me. I still don't have either of those factions, but as long as I have friends inviting me to matches, I'll hop on for a few rounds. I haven't played Allies more than a few times since I've come back because, well, my friends usually just want to play OKW. (The bastids liked the Brits in vCoH so what can I expect. ;) )

Right now it's only the Worldbuilder keeping me in the CoH2 franchise, as it gives me a place to vent my frustrations with the perpetual flaws in map design and game mechanics.

(Seriously, fix true sight. Sight blocking should not be shot blocking. Doing so defeats much of the purpose of using recons, scouts, and spotters. I mean really, the main call for truesight came from vCoH Angoville matches where you could see over the hedgerows and tall city walls. It never needed to be so complex.)
13 Sep 2014, 16:26 PM

If you consider 3x Rifle + Lt spam then you are out of luck because like in coh1 they are the core unit of the faction. Thats like saying "man I'm getting tired of this football (American) meta with people using zone defense all the time."

I know they're the core unit, and should stay that way, I'd just like a little more diversity in the faction's core units.

Talking about mods here, so anything is changeable.

So for your football example, it's less like wanting football to change, and more like wanting to invent a new sport with similar but also very different rules.
13 Sep 2014, 17:25 PM

Dang, this thread really took off. Gathering this data is fun.

For reference, I voted No. The Angry Bears was formed during a time of imbalance and I don't really see this being any different. It is really discouraging though when you see data like this:

- Soviet OKW US Ostheer
2vs2 0.612 0.755 0.566 0.683
3vs3 0.563 0.821 0.547 0.737
4vs4 0.543 0.854 0.576 0.832

From...

- Soviet OKW US Ostheer
2vs2 0.615 0.649 0.589 0.584
3vs3 0.586 0.723 0.546 0.690
4vs4 0.613 0.736 0.588 0.671

It's a pretty clear indicator that things are getting worse for the 3v3 and 4v4 game mode. Will be curious to see what the latest set of numbers are after this patch has had time to settle.
13 Sep 2014, 18:12 PM

where did you get that info napalm? are those win rates?

if they are then lol to those 80 percent OKW win rates
13 Sep 2014, 18:59 PM

This game is balanced by idiots.

Every honest people, when you begin the game, played couple of games as German and Sov/US, will tell you the German feel way much stronger

And it's like this since ever...

And those guys are asking...? "why everyone wants to play German?" I've no clue :(

And those guys are talking about ESL... must be a joke.
13 Sep 2014, 20:49 PM

i think this patch must be pretty balanced because theres a high frequency of all factions being called OP so far.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★