Login

russian armor

Patch September 9th, 2014

PAGES (11)down
11 Sep 2014, 16:35 PM

A quick example; if you have a Grenadier squad that reaches vet 2, each entity within the squad will receive the vet 2 modifiers. If during the course of the game, one of those four entities die, the reinforced entity will no longer come with the modifiers you received at vet 2.

Effectively, you could have a vet 3 squad without any vet.

How about units reinforced via Merge? If a vet 0 conscript is merged into a vet 3 Guards squad, do those models gain the modifier bonuses?
11 Sep 2014, 16:46 PM

Permanently Banned
So the game does award you even less for vetting your units!?!?!
11 Sep 2014, 16:51 PM

It was fixed guys, but I don't know when it started going bonkers
12 Sep 2014, 02:55 AM
Patrion 14

So the game does award you even less for vetting your units!?!?!

Did, it did reward it less. The bug is fixed now and more importantly note that no one even noticed it up until PQ disclosed it.

How about units reinforced via Merge? If a vet 0 conscript is merged into a vet 3 Guards squad, do those models gain the modifier bonuses?

They will gain the vet bonuses but will retain their health and armour, as far as I know.
12 Sep 2014, 03:40 AM
Patrion 15

Maxims would undoubtedly be the biggest issue for probably most Ost players and they just failed completely to fix it. Maxims feel almost the same as last patch.

Truely wonder how much longer people will put up with maxims before heading elsewhere..

There is a limit relic and your getting close....

IMO maxims are even easier to deal with this patch because the kubel can actually do some work against them with longer range and higher DPS and pzgrens actually have a place in the meta now and can reliably wipe them if flanked.
12 Sep 2014, 06:45 AM

IMO maxims are even easier to deal with this patch because the kubel can actually do some work against them with longer range and higher DPS and pzgrens actually have a place in the meta now and can reliably wipe them if flanked.

I don't have okw, so i can't comment about kubel..

I agree about pzgrens, but they come too late to combat multiple maxims and if your unlucky enough to get pinned the first couple of times then your window of opportunity is gone.
Maps like Semosky / Kholodny are worse than others because of the houses, choke points and cut off positions.

Anyway thought i would give it another go today. First game, Semosky, opponent makes, 1 con, five maxims, 120 morter. I killed 2 of the maxims, but like every F*****g game on this map, you loose too much map and spend too much mp trying to kill the maxims and as such cannot come back....

My opponent was not particuly good, you don't need to be with maxims. Most times i can never kill the maxim crew because they pack up quickly and retreat. If the sov player elects to go Shocks as well then, your more or less screwed. You will only win if you dig in and your opponent overextends..

Problem is, aside from being lame and frustrating to play against, Ost has to spend far more resources than sov to get back into the game. Munitions tend to be more of a issue than fuel because not only have you lost most of the map but most sovs will also spam mines and demo which just rubs salt into the wound....

Like i said earlier, this patch has done nothing to try and correct this issue..

But if i am wrong, advice would be appreciated.
12 Sep 2014, 09:32 AM

eh why is everyone whining, just do like i and queenratchet, switch to usa and abuse the living shit out of everything then that way you usa fanboys have less too play against... for example i ravaged milkplease and blackstorm yesterday with 4 ass engis... relic your amazing keep making this game worse its getting pretty sad by know 1 and a half year soon and still the same bs...
12 Sep 2014, 09:47 AM

Did, it did reward it less. The bug is fixed now and more importantly note that no one even noticed it up until PQ disclosed it.

That is the most funny part for me. If this bug really existed, and let's assume it lasted already for a while, all the statements saying how great Volksgrenadiere etc. are at Veterancy 5 in comparison to unexperienced ones were probably garbage because chances are we didn't even see proper Veterancy 5 Volksgrenadiere until now :lolol: Unless people never lost models on their squad, it was just the power of imagination.
raw
12 Sep 2014, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2014, 17:24 PMraw

For real this time?

nope.
13 Sep 2014, 22:40 PM

I've lost faith in this patch after a game today, when my vet2 shocks lost engagement to vet2 lmg osttruppen at point blank range
14 Sep 2014, 04:43 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 22:40 PMwiatros
I've lost faith in this patch after a game today, when my vet2 shocks lost engagement to vet2 lmg osttruppen at point blank range

Lol. Replay or it didn't happen.
14 Sep 2014, 05:06 AM

before relic cant rebalance infatry soviet and USF - its imposible to play with 3-4 modes.
we need strong soviet infantry with hight manpower coast. if u lose squad - ts be very ungry. now soviet cant do anything with rambo OKW infantry with puphen and shreks. and rebalance mortat/zis-3/maxim squads. con need upgrede with svt-40/dp-28/ppsh/pps/ptrs and have 5 man squad. svt-40 profile need = g43 profile. germans like svt-40 if then can take it. g43 have problem in operation. shhookttroops need armor that they have like obers. ppsh profile broken. its need some rebalance for mid and far distance.
14 Sep 2014, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 09:47 AMgokkel

That is the most funny part for me. If this bug really existed, and let's assume it lasted already for a while, all the statements saying how great Volksgrenadiere etc. are at Veterancy 5 in comparison to unexperienced ones were probably garbage because chances are we didn't even see proper Veterancy 5 Volksgrenadiere until now :lolol: Unless people never lost models on their squad, it was just the power of imagination.

Gokkel I think you misunderstood PQ when he explained the veterancy bug. It was mostly only affecting the non-WFA armies i.e. Soviets and Ostheer. I have definitely noticed vet 3 conscripts and even penal troops performing better than they previously had been after the fix.
14 Sep 2014, 10:42 AM

Gokkel I think you misunderstood PQ when he explained the veterancy bug. It was mostly only affecting the non-WFA armies i.e. Soviets and Ostheer. I have definitely noticed vet 3 conscripts and even penal troops performing better than they previously had been after the fix.

Iirc had to do with reinforcing models not getting the Vet they should from being in the unit.

So how strongly you would have noticed it depends on how many models you reinforced into the Vetted units.
14 Sep 2014, 11:05 AM

His post didn't say anything about only old factions being affected. He only mentioned that Riflemen were not bugged.

Maybe some models in your squads still had the veterancy bonus because they didn't die, but it could also just have been RNG or imagination. Or the bug didn't affect everything as you said, but it is impossible to know now what has been affected and what not and for how long if we won't get additional information.
14 Sep 2014, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2014, 11:05 AMgokkel

His post didn't say anything about only old factions being affected. He only mentioned that Riflemen were not bugged.

Maybe some models in your squads still had the veterancy bonus because they didn't die, but it could also just have been RNG or imagination. Or the bug didn't affect everything as you said, but it is impossible to know now what has been affected and what not and for how long if we won't get additional information.

http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/b/567569238

Listen from 19 minutes on and you will see he mentions it was mostly the non-WFA armies that suffered from that bug so it was unlikely that Volks were affected. He doesn't mention specifics but just from what he says we can see it was a bigger problem for Soviets and Ostheer.
14 Sep 2014, 14:12 PM

Ok, thanks, I didn't watch the stream, I only saw the post in the forum.

Makes it even more difficult to find out now what was actually scaling and what wasn't then.
14 Sep 2014, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2014, 14:12 PMgokkel
Ok, thanks, I didn't watch the stream, I only saw the post in the forum.

Makes it even more difficult to find out now what was actually scaling and what wasn't then.

Yeah who knows how it was affecting the balance of the game, we should give it a few days I guess!
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS