Login

russian armor

I have been playing OKW exclusively lately.....

8 Sep 2014, 18:48 PM

For conscripts to do real damage to Sturmpios they need to be still and shoot from long range to Sturms in the open. It is possible, yes, but any decent OKW player will know how to avoid open terrain and move from cover to cover.

In a map with lots of cover, or buildings to move out of sight, a Sturmpio unit can kill easily two conscripts squads. Usually, whitout M3 or maxim you must avoid any engament with sturmpios at the beginning of the game.

What it's even worse, in team games sturmpios always start together with another Sturmpio or a Volk squad. Indisputably, OKW is the easiest faction in team games.
8 Sep 2014, 19:03 PM

Steiner/Ratchet

8 Sep 2014, 19:16 PM

Sturmpioss in close range stop every early unit in the USF arsenal and saying that isnt true is simply denying the obvious. Plus as mentoined above two stumpioss (in team games) are impossible to stop if cover possibilities ran out.
8 Sep 2014, 19:24 PM

As with OKW, i can make many different INTERESTING choices.

I can second that. OKW is currently the most thought out faction, options wise.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 17:19 PMraw
Playing OKW is a-moving sturmpio on cutoff and waiting for GG. Boring.

Only against (unupgraded) consripts and/or lesser skilled opponents.
8 Sep 2014, 19:31 PM

I can second that. OKW is currently the most thought out faction, options wise.

Because they have useful and complementary units in each tier. That opens a lot of options because doesn't matter which truck you build, you have always have soft counter to everything and units with useful vet and distinctive abilities.

Other factions, on the other hand, have full tiers absolutely useless or stupidly expensive.
But well, you can always cap points with a IS2... <444>_<444>
8 Sep 2014, 19:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I find that USF has tons of options too. I honestly believe they are the only faction for whom every unit you can purchase is useful.
raw
8 Sep 2014, 19:39 PM

Only against (unupgraded) consripts and/or lesser skilled opponents.

Or unattentive people. Perhaps. But then again that argument can be made in every situation. And it won't change the fact that Sturmpios are terrible for the game. There is a fine line between getting outplayed and crap design and sturmpios are crossing it, 100%.
8 Sep 2014, 19:43 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 18:48 PMGreeb
OKW is the easiest faction in team games.

thats wrong

Late game I absolutely agree with you. But not early game
8 Sep 2014, 20:07 PM

Permanently Banned

thats wrong
Late game I absolutely agree with you. But not early game

Okw is the easiest faction. haven't lost a game yet.

honestly people who cant Win a vast majority of thier games as OKW, are simply bad players.

Ive never lost a sturmpio squad also. deny allies cover and suppress with kubel and add on to this have volks.

How can u not win?
wait 10min b4 choosing ur commander. so you know what u wil need. Again, allies are EXTREMELY predictable.

Im getting the vibe that alot of coh2 player are simply bad. Ive never lost a game as OKW!

U have plenty of counters to everything the allies have. Denying that OKW is the strongest faction, only exposes u as the bad player that you are.

Ive played all factions! and i am completely certain in saying that OKW is the srongest faction in teamgames. id argue that soviets are the strongest in 1v1.
8 Sep 2014, 20:13 PM

For conscripts to do real damage to Sturmpios they need to be still and shoot from long range to Sturms in the open. It is possible, yes, but any decent OKW player will know how to avoid open terrain and move from cover to cover.

In a map with lots of cover, or buildings to move out of sight, a Sturmpio unit can kill easily two conscripts squads. Usually, whitout M3 or maxim you must avoid any engament with sturmpios at the beginning of the game.

What it's even worse, in team games sturmpios always start together with another Sturmpio or a Volk squad. Indisputably, OKW is the easiest faction in team games.

I agree that they start strong. First 2 minutes they're very good. But then... Oh then... :'( maxim maxim roflmans, mortar, mortar, zis barrage, etc.

And remember that the Sturmpioneers pay for their power with high upkeep. There are other advantages that cons have too.

Your point is correct if we're talking very early game effectiveness. Once the Maxims and/or snipers are out, it's a very very different story.

Sounds like Shocks. Only the pios don't have nades, armour or 6 men.

If you think it's wrong that a unit can only be countered by standing in cover/garrison, then Shocks are very wrong too.
raw
8 Sep 2014, 20:45 PM

I agree that they start strong. First 2 minutes they're very good. But then... Oh then... :'( maxim maxim roflmans, mortar, mortar, zis barrage, etc.

You conveniently omit the fact that if you don't play "maxim maxim roflmans, mortar, mortar, zis barrage, etc." you horribly lose the game.
8 Sep 2014, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 19:38 PMRomeo
I find that USF has tons of options too. I honestly believe they are the only faction for whom every unit you can purchase is useful.

You're high-ranking with them so I won't dispute you, but their status as glass cannon faction does make them the hardest to use properly. It's a shock when I go from OKW and their stupidly durable Volks, or from Ostheer and my beloved LMG-MG42 brick wall, and I'm forced to play around with rifles that you need to babysit past the 5-minute mark if you don't get 1919 blob, as well as vehicles you have to treat with kid gloves if you don't want them to explode by being sneezed at by a PaK or something.

And yeah, properly played OKW's early game is really powerful. Sturmpios and Volks work wonderfully well together, back them up with a Kubel or MG34 and you can build nothing else until allied vehicles come knocking.
8 Sep 2014, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 17:25 PMraw
#
Several times, don't think i saved any of them. Didn't "threshold".

Haha right, I bet that works in rank 10000+. Any semi competent player will pull back slightly and let their second unit reinforce and double team your unit. That is not even considering M3 or Dodge truck starts
8 Sep 2014, 21:20 PM

Allies version of Vetlolcake, confirmed.
8 Sep 2014, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 19:38 PMRomeo
Pack Howitzer
8 Sep 2014, 21:26 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Pack Howitzer

Hey, who's talking bad about my pack howitzer? I use them every game as US.

They may be overpriced, but they are effective and good, especially against all those long-range axis troops who like to hug cover.
8 Sep 2014, 21:37 PM

I'd rate the pack howitzer pretty useless at vet0/1. But it actually becomes very good at vet2. Too bad it also gets decrewed by anything sneezing at it and reverts you back to the crappy state even if you don't lose the gun.

USF might not have useless units like the SU76/Brumbar, but I'd say a lot of their units still have very big performance issues. Like:

Pathfinders (both types)
M3
M8 Greyhound
.50 cal
Rear Echelon (without double LMG/bar)
Bazookas
Mortar HT
8 Sep 2014, 21:39 PM

Okw is the easiest faction. haven't lost a game yet.

honestly people who cant Win a vast majority of thier games as OKW, are simply bad players.

Ive never lost a sturmpio squad also. deny allies cover and suppress with kubel and add on to this have volks.

How can u not win?
wait 10min b4 choosing ur commander. so you know what u wil need. Again, allies are EXTREMELY predictable.

Im getting the vibe that alot of coh2 player are simply bad. Ive never lost a game as OKW!

U have plenty of counters to everything the allies have. Denying that OKW is the strongest faction, only exposes u as the bad player that you are.

Ive played all factions! and i am completely certain in saying that OKW is the srongest faction in teamgames. id argue that soviets are the strongest in 1v1.

Lets have a look at your playcard so sir!??
8 Sep 2014, 21:49 PM

Hey, who's talking bad about my pack howitzer? I use them every game as US.

They may be overpriced, but they are effective and good, especially against all those long-range axis troops who like to hug cover.
I have had only one game where I used packs to any sort of usefullness. It was a 4v4 on city 17 on the right side against 2 OKW doing a medic truck blob. Ended up getting both to vet 3 at they kept recking the blobs.

Then the stuka came out and that was the end of that, but it was fun while it lasted.
8 Sep 2014, 21:50 PM

Sounds like Shocks. Only the pios don't have nades, armour or 6 men.
If you think it's wrong that a unit can only be countered by standing in cover/garrison, then Shocks are very wrong too.

With the "little" diference that you start with a sturmpio squad for free, and they aren't doctrinal like Shocks. If you vet them fast they can even do serious damage to shocks.
By the way, you can't counter Sturmpios garrisoning buildings, not with conscripts at least.

And I don't think Sturmpios are a wrong unit, but they are too strong for the moment in the game when they appear. Same happens with Rifles vs Grens.
WFA introduced overpowered infantry in the early game that fucked the balance with the vanilla factions. Right now at least Grens can try to resist with the LMG upgrade against rifles, but conscripts and penals just are there to be butchered and give OKW cheap vet.

I hope next patch makes early infantry much less unbalanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★