Login

russian armor

I have been playing OKW exclusively lately.....

8 Sep 2014, 17:13 PM

Permanently Banned
I've been finding that OKW is very fun and easy to play. Its definitely my favorite faction!

Alot of the issues people bring up about blobbing and rifles/maxim over-performing.

Simply are things im not experiencing.

Honestly i feel like all of OKW units simply outclass allied units. I rarely get frustrated (except for that damn isu and Katy strikes)

But honestly. killing an ISU is very EZ any way (in team games).

Played 3 games of usf ans 2 as soviet today.(2v2) even though i won. i got bored very fast.

The point of this thread is that i don't like playing allies for many reasons. But the #1 reasons being that allies are repetitive, predictable, and boring. You must rely on the same strats to win. As with OKW, i can make many different INTERESTING choices.

I mean honestly who at relic thought it would be a good idea to unlock special units for different tiers as USF!?!!? Usf is way to predictable! You see a captain, lieutenant, or major. You know Exactly what they are gonna build! soviets ALSO! You see an m3 you know ok "sniper spam". You see maxim you know "maxim spam" or if you see 2 cons squads. you know ok "con/spam".

i know this in un-likely, but i really would like to see an allied faction overhaul. Right now im just loving OKW too much! watching hordes of rifles melt to my lmgs are just too tastey! :lol:
raw
8 Sep 2014, 17:19 PM

Playing OKW is a-moving sturmpio on cutoff and waiting for GG. Boring.

~Relic 2014~
8 Sep 2014, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 17:19 PMraw
Playing OKW is a-moving sturmpio on cutoff and waiting for GG. Boring.

~Relic 2014~

Please post a replay where you pull of this strat against a half decent player and win. Would love to learn how to gg just by a-moving cutoff.
8 Sep 2014, 17:24 PM

I've been finding that OKW is very fun and easy to play. Its definitely my favorite faction!

Alot of the issues people bring up about blobbing and rifles/maxim over-performing.

Honestly i feel like all of OKW units simply outclass allied units. I rarely get frustrated (except for that damn isu and Katy strikes)

Played 3 games of usf ans 2 as soviet today.(2v2) even though i won. i got bored very fast.

The point of this thread is that i don't like playing allies for many reasons. But the #1 reasons being that allies are repetitive, predictable, and boring. You must rely on the same strats to win. As with OKW, i can make many different INTERESTING choices.

I mean honestly who at relic thought it would be a good idea to unlock special units for different tiers as USF!?!!? Usf is way to predictable! You see a captain, lieutenant, or major. You know Exactly what they are gonna build! soviets ALSO! You see an m3 you know ok "sniper spam". You see maxim you know "maxim spam" or if you see 2 cons squads. you know ok "con/spam".

i know this in un-likely, but i really would like to see an allied faction overhaul. Right now im just loving OKW too much! watching hordes of rifles melt to my lmgs are just too tastey! :lol:

WTF are you blabbering about. currently the okw is the weakest faction in 1 vs 1 simply because they cannot hoard any resources and wait for their hyper efficient 85 or e8 to appear. even ost is stronger in 1 vs 1 then these guys. likely the soviets are going to be on the receiving end of some very heavy nerfs next patch.
raw
8 Sep 2014, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 17:21 PMKhan

Please post a replay where you pull of this strat against a half decent player and win. Would love to learn how to gg just by a-moving cutoff.
#
Several times, don't think i saved any of them. Didn't "threshold".
8 Sep 2014, 17:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 17:25 PMraw
#
Several times, don't think i saved any of them. Didn't "threshold".

of course B-)
raw
8 Sep 2014, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 17:27 PMJaigen

of course B-)

Only a fool would argue otherwise at this point. You can stop arbitrary amounts of cons riflemen with a sturmpio and a volks.

Against anyone who is able to play german troops reasonably well you have zero chance. Of course thanks for the freebies Relic is giving away the ladder placements are heavily inflated. :banana:

That's nothing new btw. it has been that way since that one unfortunate beta patch.
8 Sep 2014, 17:42 PM

Sturmpios = Early Pgrens Makes me wish PGrens were in Ostheer T1
8 Sep 2014, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 17:21 PMKhan

Didn't HelpingHans did that recently to Cruzz?
8 Sep 2014, 17:51 PM

On some maps rushing a sturmpio to a cutoff is almost an autowin if your opponent doesn't react accordingly. The biggest 1v1 offender would be the semoisky summer north cutoff, you are forced to run your rear echelons to that house so OKW can't take control of it.

road to kharkov north cutoff is similar.
8 Sep 2014, 18:04 PM

Finally a man with the SAME Experience like me!!!!!!!
100% True !!!!

And: Everybody can experience and too!
8 Sep 2014, 18:11 PM

Didn't HelpingHans did that recently to Cruzz?

No, he smashed Cruzz with USF when Cruzz was OKW.
8 Sep 2014, 18:15 PM

A-moving with Sturmpios, seriously? In a max range engagement, Sturmpios will lose to Rifles and even Cons consistantly, the trick is to get reasonably close without taking too much damage. The longer you stay at range, the better for your opponent, unless your goal is merely to stall anyways.
Steiner/Ratchet, you can still take me up on my offer, just saying.
raw
8 Sep 2014, 18:23 PM

In a max range engagement, Sturmpios will lose to Rifles

Then don't have max range engagements?
8 Sep 2014, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 18:23 PMraw

Then don't have max range engagements?

Like, well, no shit? No offence man, but do you recall your post no. 2 in this very thread? There was talk of, quote, "a-moving to victory" with Sturmpios...and I found that notion mildly bizarre.
raw
8 Sep 2014, 18:31 PM

Like, well, no shit? No offence man, but do you recall your post no. 2 in this very thread? There was talk of, quote, "a-moving to victory" with Sturmpios...and I found that notion mildly bizarre.

Of course I was exaggerating the a-moving part... you do have to use cover and 'play clever' obviously. Still it isn't exactly something terribly hard to pull of, even I can do it. And even if it would mean I am super pro, if the enemy is just not paying attention for a split second the game is decided around minute 3 and that is super lame and bullshit. That's why I have been saying units like Sturmpios don't belong into the game.
8 Sep 2014, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 17:39 PMraw

Only a fool would argue otherwise at this point. You can stop arbitrary amounts of cons riflemen with a sturmpio and a volks.

Against anyone who is able to play german troops reasonably well you have zero chance. Of course thanks for the freebies Relic is giving away the ladder placements are heavily inflated. :banana:

That's nothing new btw. it has been that way since that one unfortunate beta patch.

All I can manage as a reply is this

8 Sep 2014, 18:40 PM

The OP + this raw guy, LOLZ really????
8 Sep 2014, 18:40 PM

Eh, ja. No. Why am I even trying to argue.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★