Login

russian armor

Do Tigers really need Blitzkrieg?

PAGES (11)down
19 Aug 2014, 19:51 PM

It would be funny if tiger was nerfed out of the game like panther and elefant...soviet players can congratulate themselves on finishing one german faction..they already have the second one in control with sniperspam.Easymode a-move factions are a delight to win with,i'm sure.

ahhh austerlitz man, no need to exxagerate everything so much. Out of all three factions probably Soviets a-move the least. Even maxim a-move is stupid. I am sure Panther and Elefant will be changed soon. Who knows? Maybe this next patch will fix it :D It has been awhile since patch day, maybe somethign big is coming
19 Aug 2014, 20:23 PM

Remove Blitzkrieg and replace it by the same Autorepair ability the T70 has. :foreveralone:

Most useful ability ever!!
19 Aug 2014, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 20:23 PMGreeb
Remove Blitzkrieg and replace it by the same Autorepair ability the T70 has. :foreveralone:

Most useful ability ever!!

Well, they don't want to get the repair to get buffed to at least remove engine damage from single faust, so they must believe its fine as it is and would welcome it.
19 Aug 2014, 20:29 PM

Greeb and Katitof:

As has been expressed many times by several posters, taking an ability from Allies list breaks the asymmetric design of the factions. So its not an option. If you want to replace it, then its from the Axis ability pool.

But yes, keep on derailing the thread. Suits me fine.
Everyone knows where your partisan loyalties lie. Its not news to anyone.
The more you do it, the less likely it is that Blitz will be changed.
So if you enjoy pissing on your own shoes, go ahead. Not my problem.
19 Aug 2014, 20:30 PM

As has been expressed many times by several posters, taking an ability from Allies list breaks the asymmetric design of the factions.

But yes, keep on derailing the thread. Suits me fine.
The more you do it, the less likely it is that Blitz will be changed.
So if you enjoy pissing on your own shoes, go ahead. Not my problem.

And yet both sides have flares on infantry, ability for tanks to self repair, tracking vehicles and so on.
19 Aug 2014, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 20:30 PMKatitof

And yet both sides have flares on infantry, ability for tanks to self repair, tracking vehicles and so on.

Nope.

And they are completely different abilities with a very few exceptions :)

Keep on derailing though if you want.
The more you do it, the less attention the issue gets :)
19 Aug 2014, 21:06 PM

Their only weakness is their lack of speed, so why give them an ability that not only negates it, but also makes them faster and able to chase down Jacksons/SU-85's. It's breaking the late game balance so hard.

their main "weakness" is their availability in competitive games. Try playing against good allied players and then try to spam ranked up Tigers and King Tigers lol. Jacksons speed and range (range which doesn't make any since imo) is getting exploited by the players who know what they're doin' in every game. Pull a quick one on Tiger then back up a bit, repeat until the tiger is dead, or until it rage-rushed into a AT ambush. But if you're clumsy enough with SU & Jack - to receive a shot or two by a slow heavy tank, then your opponent deserves an opportunity to blitz after you and finish you off, even if that means whole bag of another risks involved for it's usually (lone) rushing deep inside enemy territory with extremely valuable unit. Regarding the defensive blitz, well I guess it's just tactics, get over it.
19 Aug 2014, 23:17 PM
Patrion 14

IS-2 is just lol atm.Unless u picked tiger doctrine u can't counter it as ostheer basically.Pz 4 even in packs will lose because they can't penetrate its armor..even rear most of the time.Paks take too long to kill before one shotted..this still remains the best method.
Panther extinct.
Elefant extinct.
pAK 43 extinct.

Last sentinel tiger-even that may lose....but no,that can't be.Tiger is the last missing link to deleting ostheer armor from the game.It has to be eliminated.

p4 + pak work fine for me. okw panther + raken work fine for me too.
20 Aug 2014, 00:56 AM

Balance aside, I have always felt blitzkrieg-kind of speed boost belongs to t34/76 as they are the ones who must get behind heavier tanks to deal damage. At least in my opinion t34/76 resembles coh1 cromwell very much. In fact, I´d rather see t34s getting flanking speed instead of ram.

On topic, german tanks could have panzer tactician smoke as vet ability, and then global blitzkrieg ability (activated, 100 muni?) for those commanders which now have panzer tactician.

Better yet, get rid of those numerous target weak points, blitzkriegs, capture modes, trip mines etc and make every unit come with an unique ability which further defines its role. But this is just me dreaming, most likely never going to happen.
20 Aug 2014, 01:14 AM

I'm playing Allies more lately but I still don't support the nerfing of Blitz or sharing it with Allies.

Where is the Axis equivalent of button? Merge? Barrage?

Allies have their share of good abilities. Riflemen smoke blob anyone?
20 Aug 2014, 01:23 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 13:32 PMspajn
If you remove blitz then i demand a decent vet 1 bonus for ostheer infantry and get rid of the useless medkit.

I know I'm off topic but... I... must...

Try this ability on a wounded Ostheer sniper. It's super effective.
20 Aug 2014, 02:59 AM

Blitzkrieg causes so many problems in everything from 1v1 to 4v4. Soviets have no infantry based AT, and Bazookas don't work against anything bigger than a Panther. AT guns don't penetrate enough and the only non doctrinal AT there is for Allies is SU-85 and Jacksons. SU-85 is incredibly flimsy due to it's lack of rotatable turret, weak armour and lack of anti infantry. The Jackson on the other hand is quite fast and mobile, but is very weak and also has no Anti infantry.

The only thing Allied tanks have over Germans is their speed and range, except this balance is completely thrown out the window when they pop Blitzkreig, then all of a sudden the super strong Tigers are literally able to out speed Jacksons and SU-85's and close in for the kill effortlessly. For both regular Wehrmacht Tigers and the King Tiger, it makes absolutely no sense at all to give these tanks Blitzkrieg, a means of absolutely and effortlessly countering everything that either Soviets or Americans can field. Tigers, and especially King Tigers have lots of health, lots of armour, a rotable turret, strong anti infantry and strong anti tank. Their only weakness is their lack of speed, so why give them an ability that not only negates it, but also makes them faster and able to chase down Jacksons/SU-85's. It's breaking the late game balance so hard.

A possible solution would be to remove the Top MG Gunner as a munitions upgrade, but instead put it on for free upon reaching Vet1. In fact, that's probably a good idea for the IS-2 as well, capture point is deadful and not needed but losing the abiltiy to build the MG gunner would be a small nerf to it.

I really, really agree. These massive heavy tanks were notorious for their engines failing for no reason. Yet in this game, a Dale Earnheardt pit crew just got done modifying them so that they can put the pedal to the metal and close in. It breaks balance late game and looks completely stupid. As far as survivability goes, if a giant coat of armor and massive HP can't save you, you don't deserve to have Blitzkrieg as a life-raft to save you from being a nub.
20 Aug 2014, 06:04 AM

For the King Tiger, absolutely. Make the vet 1 ability spearhead and the vet 3 ability target weak-point. Blitzkrieg shouldn't be on the king tiger, it makes no sense.

As for the Tiger, well, knowing Relic, they won't make a new ability just to replace the Tiger's blitzkrieg. Therefore we should put HEAT rounds...

Just Kidding. In all seriousness, I think the Tiger's vet 1 ability should be a rate of fire increase for a short period of time. Panthers, Shrecks, Elefants, JagdTigers, and Pumas are all hard counters already to the SU85.
20 Aug 2014, 06:05 AM

I do want the Tiger tank like all heavy tanks to be a slow but powerful machine but what I really don't want are tanks that are just repeatedly getting hit by smaller cheaper and longer range tanks while the large monsters just crawl towards the enemy just to get in range.

It's like whoever designed this unit doesn't know why the Germans and Soviets use tanks that are so big slow and heavy. It's to carry that big gun of course! The Germans did put the big guns on the slow tanks for a reason! The long range compensates for it's lack of speed. Dueling out with AT guns from a range that the AT gun can't possibly penetrate the heavy tank's armor.

Remember, that Heavy tanks are expensive and are often overwhelmed by numbers? Now what is the price cost between a Tiger and two SU85s? Two Sus for one Tiger? pfft not really the win by numbers I would be able to pull off at these prices.

I would like to have the Tiger tanks to have a range buff instead of blitzkreig ability so they could duel out with the SU85s and Jacksons. In turn the Jacksons would be able to 100 pct penetrate any tank or 90 pct whatever.... chance and SU85s be cheaper forming a PAK front to defeat any heavy threat by numbers. Perhaps a periscope ability?
20 Aug 2014, 07:04 AM

I would like to have the Tiger tanks to have a range buff instead of blitzkreig ability so they could duel out with the SU85s and Jacksons. In turn the Jacksons would be able to 100 pct penetrate any tank or 90 pct whatever.... chance and SU85s be cheaper forming a PAK front to defeat any heavy threat by numbers. Perhaps a periscope ability?

All this range increase suggestions related to Tiger are correct! Tiger could hit a target from 2000 meters. How is this showed in this game? By range 40?!
Remove the blitz I say. Keep Tiger as it is. But give it a realistic range. The Panther's range I would say. The Tiger canon was even better than the Panthers's.
Vaz
20 Aug 2014, 13:46 PM

So is this an increase to range or an ability that increases range temporarily? To be honest I kind of would like to see a normal range increase on the Tiger and acceleration decrease. I like the real life argument, just the problem is that the Tiger in this game is not facing the usual threat from real life. A great example is the absence of the SU-85's successor the SU-100.
20 Aug 2014, 13:54 PM

I really, really agree. These massive heavy tanks were notorious for their engines failing for no reason.

And as already few ppl pointed above me, as well for their superior optics, powerful cannons and RANGE. But nah, KT should just sit as the duck while the ISU, Jackson and SU's fire at it from the fog of war, that's pathetic. I'd also give up blitz anytime for the superior range that the Axis tanks obviously had.
20 Aug 2014, 13:54 PM

I have proposed my solution plenty of times:

Blitzkrieg is meant to blitz through enemy defenses, not back away.
Make it so that it can only be engaged when NOT in combat.
It needs a 10 sec or longer cooldown so that you have to be out of combat to engage it.

So, that way, Blitzkrieg would be used to break through the lines of defense as it's meant to be.
20 Aug 2014, 14:04 PM

I have proposed my solution plenty of times:

Blitzkrieg is meant to blitz through enemy defenses, not back away.
Make it so that it can only be engaged when NOT in combat.
It needs a 10 sec or longer cooldown so that you have to be out of combat to engage it.

So, that way, Blitzkrieg would be used to break through the lines of defense as it's meant to be.

yea that can work or maybe make it work only in forward direction, not reverse.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS