Login

russian armor

Do Tigers really need Blitzkrieg?

PAGES (11)down
19 Aug 2014, 14:07 PM

Tiger doesnt need Blitzkrieg, really. The surviveability of some German Tanks is slightly too high, especially from Panther

Especially from Panther?? You ever used a Panther ever? Unless you get lucky with RNG and lots of shots bouncing, 2 T34/76s will rape Panther.

How about IS2? That thing has much more armor than Tiger, is faster and has a better gun, yet costs the same. Only thing Tiger has over IS2 is blitz and reload time and I guess it's a smaller target, but none of those things make up for the other differences.
19 Aug 2014, 14:12 PM

IS-2 is just lol atm.Unless u picked tiger doctrine u can't counter it as ostheer basically.Pz 4 even in packs will lose because they can't penetrate its armor..even rear most of the time.Paks take too long to kill before one shotted..this still remains the best method.
Panther extinct.
Elefant extinct.
pAK 43 extinct.

Last sentinel tiger-even that may lose....but no,that can't be.Tiger is the last missing link to deleting ostheer armor from the game.It has to be eliminated.
19 Aug 2014, 14:29 PM

IS-2 is just lol atm.Unless u picked tiger doctrine u can't counter it as ostheer basically.Pz 4 even in packs will lose because they can't penetrate its armor..even rear most of the time.Paks take too long to kill before one shotted..this still remains the best method.
Panther extinct.
Elefant extinct.
pAK 43 extinct.

Last sentinel tiger-even that may lose....but no,that can't be.Tiger is the last missing link to deleting ostheer armor from the game.It has to be eliminated.

LOOOOOL,

U saw the Helpinghans Game where he has killed IS2 for breakfast with Pumas? o_O
19 Aug 2014, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 13:09 PMofield

Given the fact the Tiger is slower than the IS2 and has 20% less armor resulting in a overall lower survivability, i would say yes.

That is true only if your Tiger fights axis AT.

But it fights allies AT, which shoots slower or have lower damage or lower penetration, most often a combination of 2 or all 3, then no, Tiger doesn't have lower survivability, in fact its pretty similar against anything and everything except other medium tanks, where indeed, IS-2 is more survivable. Against infantry AT, AT guns and AT tanks Tiger got more survivability which means overall durability on the contrast of AT it faces is more or less equal.
19 Aug 2014, 14:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Okay guys enough if you want to make a thread about something else feel free and do it. This isn't the place correct place to talk about anything other than the tiger and its abilities more specifically blitzkrieg. Wait am I in the wrong place? am I watching C-Span, is this a filibuster? There can be more than one issue with the game and you are indeed allowed to discuss it all. Just in the proper thread. :D
19 Aug 2014, 14:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What if Blitzkrieg only worked when driving forwards?

It would make too much sense.
It would result on several axis tank dead because people overcommit with them and when they see their error they wouldn´t be able to fix it with 1/2 abilities (the other one being smoke).

While Tigers don´t need Blitz, i´m more afraid if they had something like TWP TBH.
I´m more concerned that we still have silly useless vet abilities rather than removing the useful ones.
19 Aug 2014, 14:44 PM

LOOOOOL,

U saw the Helpinghans Game where he has killed IS2 for breakfast with Pumas? o_O

Too bad we don't have pumas..and if u think pumas can counter is-2...HAHAHAHA.But since mod has warned.No more.
19 Aug 2014, 14:44 PM

Ah Blitz. What else really needs to be said aside from PQ's comments when he had originally addressed the issue. It's a get out of jail nearly free card.

My opinion is that there needs to be a down side to using blitz. Any one of the following would be nice. A) engine over heats after 20 seconds, how is this different from ram? OR B) Received damage increases while ability is active.
19 Aug 2014, 14:45 PM

Sure, remove blitz and give Tiger Target Weak Point.

If not, then nope, dont remover blitz.
19 Aug 2014, 14:46 PM

Sure, remove blitz and give Tiger Target Weak Point.

If not, then nope, dont remover blitz.

I hear the ability to capture points is a highly regarded Vet 1 ability that the Axis may want.:clap:
19 Aug 2014, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 14:46 PMNapalm

I hear the ability to capture points is a highly regarded Vet 1 ability that the Axis may want.:clap:

lôl
19 Aug 2014, 14:48 PM

Actually give us 10 range instead.I'll take it.
when isu is questioned-response'it fires a 152 mm shell for god's sake'.
Well tiger's 88 mm gun was one of the most long ranged accurate AT guns of ww2,certainly the longest range at gun killer in its time.Many allied crews never even saw the tiger.
And we have 40 range.
19 Aug 2014, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 14:46 PMNapalm

Actually i think our vet 1 medical supplies ability might be something u guys may be interested in.
19 Aug 2014, 14:54 PM

Actually i think our vet 1 medical supplies ability might be something u guys may be interested in.

Sure, you can have the super op flare tripwires in exchange.
19 Aug 2014, 14:55 PM

Absolutely. You may have this trip flare ability.
19 Aug 2014, 15:03 PM

Where do I sign to to trade triplol mines for that?
19 Aug 2014, 15:05 PM

Make blitz unable to use when tank is in combat. When its out of combat player can use it.

That way it wont be used to run away from danger, but to start quick flank attacks etc.
19 Aug 2014, 15:11 PM

While it would be cool, since I'm abit anoyed how Blitz is usually used for running away, instead of attacking ( and it really should be the other way around IMHO ) - I dont think thats possible.

Back in beta days, when Soviet Tank Destroyers were dominating the battlefield, one of the suggested fixes was making SUs driving slower in reverse and one of the Devs posted how vehicles cant have different speed values for driving forwards and backwards.

Technical limitation of the game I guess.

___

I wouldnt want the Tiger to lose its vet-abilities.
In fact I'd want the Tiger to have several.
The tiger was a machine that was hard to master but very dangerous under competent command. Thats the way I'd like to see the Tiger in CoH2 too.
Not that great if you just look at its stats, but great if you know how to use its abilities.

I'm not saying it should have Blitz, but if that ability were removed I'd want to get another active ability in return.
19 Aug 2014, 15:16 PM

i like this idea, give blitz just a acceleration buff with a time limit.

if im not wrong reversing uses deceleration right?
19 Aug 2014, 15:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 15:16 PMwongtp
if im not wrong reversing uses deceleration right?

i don't know much about the stats/mechanics of exactly how it all works. However I do know/have been told there is no such thing as reverse speed. basically that means going forward or backwards you will go just as fast or slow. :)

Tf you still don't get it. All vehicles use the same acceleration, deceleration, turn rate, and top speed values mo matter which direction they are heading. as far as i was told anyways. ;)
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 23
United States 2
United Kingdom 145
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L