Login

russian armor

Do Tigers really need Blitzkrieg?

PAGES (11)down
19 Aug 2014, 17:35 PM
Donator 22

Unless it was nowhere in patch notes, Engine damage does not stop it. It just makes it less effective, reason to be even more frustrated when it gets away after being engine damaged

blitz got nerfed serveral times and yes with engine damage you cant use blitz and the tank
gets his "normal" speed back.
Do you now what "Blitzkrieg" stands for?
19 Aug 2014, 17:37 PM

Why Capture Point?
Why identical to Sov?

Why not Target Weakspot for example?

Wouldn't it make sense for an axis ability on an axis unit, rather than destroying asymmetric balance and difference by copy/pasting from opposing faction?

this IS asymmetric balance.

i have no vet ability and you have capture point. i can do nothing special and yours does nothing at all, see asymmetric balance achieved. same effect but different means.
19 Aug 2014, 17:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge

sometimes i feel like a poor yellow light.

Maybe they'll listen to Red Light better. ;)

okay so can we please try to stay on topic. I'll give you a hint its about the tiger and the ability called Blitzkrieg. ;) On your mark get set... :D

oh by if some more off topic posts disappear don't be surprised. :) (primary reason for writing)

19 Aug 2014, 17:44 PM

wongtp & Katitof:

Yeah, I'm not going to bite such lame bait.

My post was reasonable.
I asked reasonable questions.
I'm not surprised you refuse to answer them reasonably, cos then you would have to admit they are reasonable.

Ontopic:

I don't see any point in copy/pasting Capture Point from Sov over to Axis.

If Blitz is to be replaced on the Tiger variants, then it should be with an Axis ability, not an asymmetric design breaking copy/paste.

So we have two options as I see it:
1) Replace Blitz on Tigers with another Axis ability
OR
2) Adjust Blitz stats either specifically and only on Tigers (if possible), or across all Blitz using units.
19 Aug 2014, 17:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Could someone kindly mine the actual Blitzkrieg stat modifiers out for us, so we can examine them, learn and maybe come up with a concrete adjustment suggestion?

There you go! :)

Extracting Statistics Guide
19 Aug 2014, 17:51 PM

There you go! :)

Extracting Statistics Guide

I asked for someone to do it who knows how, or who knows the stats already.

Not to post a complex guide on how to do it.

But thanks, I guess.
Sort of missed the point, but whatever.
I guess its the thought that counts.
19 Aug 2014, 17:51 PM

No one wants copy paste or elimination of the blitz vet ability. It just needs to be adjusted. Napalm already posted Relic's response to my post on the official forums as to why it got changed in the first place.

And it would seem I am wrong about using blitz with the engine damage. Oh well, my points still remain. Blitz is too powerful in its current state
19 Aug 2014, 17:53 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I asked for someone to do it who knows how, or who knows the stats already.

Not to post a complex guide on how to do it.

But thanks, I guess.
Sort of missed the point, but whatever.
I guess its the thought that counts.

I intend to get grips with it in my time - I am certain you will be better at it than me :)
19 Aug 2014, 17:58 PM

No one wants copy paste or elimination of the blitz vet ability.

Unfortunately, either of those is infact what many here have said they wanted.
I mean, thats just a plain fact of record and clear from the posts in the thread by some people.

It just needs to be adjusted. Napalm already posted Relic's response to my post on the official forums as to why it got changed in the first place.

Yep.
Either adjusted somehow (either to only Tiger Variants, or all Blitz vehicles), or replaced with another Axis ability.

Perhaps a Blitz that scales according to the vehicle class?
Though I think that would be complicated to code, cos it would mean tons of different "Blitz" codes, rather than one universal one.
19 Aug 2014, 18:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

@Cannonade

Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg enabled German armor to escape potentially deadly situation at a fairly low cost. This placed German armor in a very advantageous position relative to Soviet armor, as they could take greater risk while sustaining lower casualties on average. Other issues, such as awkward movement behavior or unrealistic accuracy, made the ability feel a bit cheap and magical. This change synergizes well with the recent modifications to acceleration, as vehicles will be far more responsive while the ability is active.

Now provides 1.6x acceleration
Received accuracy modifier from 0.5 to 0.75
Speed and accuracy modifier removed
Munition cost from 40 to 30

Then we had

Blitzkrieg
Now adds a speed maximum modifier by 1.5
Duration decreased from 20 seconds to 15 seconds

After that

With the changes to Blitzkrieg providing max speed we felt that it was a change going into the right direction however we did see some unrealistic speeds achieved by medium tanks on roads. By reducing the max speed modifier we still achieve the intention of the change while maintaining realistic expectations.

Blitzkrieg
Maximum Speed Modifier reduced from 1.5 to 1.35
19 Aug 2014, 18:06 PM

@Cannonade

Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg enabled German armor to escape potentially deadly situation at a fairly low cost. This placed German armor in a very advantageous position relative to Soviet armor, as they could take greater risk while sustaining lower casualties on average. Other issues, such as awkward movement behavior or unrealistic accuracy, made the ability feel a bit cheap and magical. This change synergizes well with the recent modifications to acceleration, as vehicles will be far more responsive while the ability is active.

Now provides 1.6x acceleration
Received accuracy modifier from 0.5 to 0.75
Speed and accuracy modifier removed
Munition cost from 40 to 30

Then we had

Blitzkrieg
Now adds a speed maximum modifier by 1.5
Duration decreased from 20 seconds to 15 seconds

After that

With the changes to Blitzkrieg providing max speed we felt that it was a change going into the right direction however we did see some unrealistic speeds achieved by medium tanks on roads. By reducing the max speed modifier we still achieve the intention of the change while maintaining realistic expectations.

Blitzkrieg
Maximum Speed Modifier reduced from 1.5 to 1.35

Muchos gracias, senor!

So yeah, as can be seen, its undergone an enormous amount of nerfing already, as an Axis ability.

Now the question remains, should it simply be replaced on Tiger variants with another Axis ability, or nerfed even further again?

There doesn't seem to be all that much space left for nerfing it, and that would affect all Blitz vehicles, not just Tigers.
19 Aug 2014, 18:18 PM

well elchino beat me to it, but it used to give 2x speed (which caused 2x acceleration thanks to a bug), 2x accuracy (completely negating movement penalty), and .5 recieved accuracy.

now its only 1.35 speed, .75 recieved accuracy, and 1.6 acceleration (but acceleration has been fixed so the base stat is now roughly 1/3 of what it used to be, meaning you now get about 1/4 of the acceleration while blitzing that you used to). there is no accuracy bonus at all. on top of that blitz is 3x more expensive, 25% shorter and no longer works with engine damage.

also, since its a multiplier it already affects the tiger less than faster tanks. im really not sure what else you could nerf on it and keep it useful. thats the whole reason they gave the speed back. acceleration only was worthless. if you were already moving, it saved you maybe a fraction of a second getting to top speed.
19 Aug 2014, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 15:42 PMBurts

The only vehicle that it would make sense to have blitz is the panther, other german vehicles were rather slow, and mobility is supposedly one of the advantages allied tanks should get, yet with blitz that's all negated.

Tiger had very similar average speed as US tank m4 sherman, but offroad tiger should be faster, because of wider tracks. Still not as fast as on road, but still faster cross country than sherman.
and
19 Aug 2014, 18:29 PM

1: Balance is not a negotiation. *If* Tigers are balanced without Blitz, they do not "need" to be compensated by some other ability or stat increase.

2: Stop derailing the thread about other balance problems. We can talk about fixing one balance problem without having to solve every other balance problem at the same time. Two wrongs does not make a right. If you believe Soviet heavy tanks to be overpowered, make a separate thread about it.
19 Aug 2014, 18:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Blitzkrieg: while activated it disables the Reverse maneuver/button. People nows have to either go forward or spam click behind the tank :devilface:
19 Aug 2014, 18:44 PM

Since comparing with soviet tanks is forbidden and off-topic,then i vote for blitz nerf along with reducing tiger armor to 200.Without this tank destroyers are useless against it..as shots are bouncing off.(Now who does that remind me of?)
19 Aug 2014, 18:46 PM

On topic..blitzkreig can be nerfed...but then u would need to add a survivability skill to replace a survivability skill.Or simply health or armor.
19 Aug 2014, 18:52 PM

Since comparing with soviet tanks is forbidden and off-topic,then i vote for blitz nerf along with reducing tiger armor to 200.Without this tank destroyers are useless against it..as shots are bouncing off.(Now who does that remind me of?)

At this nerfing rate, we should be happy if we keep the barrel on Tiger next month :)
On just pure late game units, Soivets are better than Ostheer IMHO, and OKW is on level above only if u choose Jagdtiger doctorine during the game...
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS