Login

russian armor

Do Tigers really need Blitzkrieg?

PAGES (11)down
19 Aug 2014, 12:08 PM

It's not that Blitz is for free.
It's not like Tiger becomes fast with it, it is just somewhat less slow.

While Allies spam the shit out of offmap stuff, you use Blitz for some seconds. So what?

19 Aug 2014, 12:11 PM

What are the exact stat modifiers from Blitz at this moment in time?
19 Aug 2014, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 11:54 AMJohnnyB

Well why don't you look from the oposite way? This is the only chance a PIV may have to destroy a su-85.
But oh, we were talking about Tigers here. So explain me how a slow turtle with a verry small speed boost can hope to efficiently flank or reach a Su-85? If you keep backing up, Tiger won't reach your su-85 not even with the mother of blitzkrieg, before it will take cover after the zis wall.

Why won't you look at it from your own POV?

See what T34s and shermans do to kill JP4 and do the same.
19 Aug 2014, 12:16 PM

Permanently Banned

so how do soviets and usf deal with tank destroyers? or a wall of pak's ?

which tank destroyer? the 175 fuel panther or the 135 fuel jagdpanzer4?

for soviets its easy, if you have a su85 you have t4, t4 offers kati

us is more difficult, but what do you have the pack howitzer for? or the m8, or the arti, or the m8 or the priest??

not a single side is favoured here
19 Aug 2014, 12:17 PM

Hes right though. Even a Blitzing Tiger cant catch or flank a reversing SU85, iirc.
19 Aug 2014, 12:24 PM

Hes right though. Even a Blitzing Tiger cant catch or flank a reversing SU85, iirc.

I always thought these are basic rules, but obviously I'm wrong.

You only engage tankdestroyers with Tanks when;

-you have adequate infantry based at to support you,
-you have at least one other tank to flank it,
-the Tankdestroyers engine is crippled.
19 Aug 2014, 12:25 PM

I never understand Why people here get butt hurt when some one questions something axis only players especially get Mega butthurt it's only a game. Jesus Christ
19 Aug 2014, 12:28 PM

Permanently Banned
I never understand Why people here get butt hurt when some one questions something axis only players especially get Mega butthurt it's only a game. Jesus Christ

the topic was started by someone that mostly plays allies....

i do play more axis and mostly 2v2, but while i am at rank 26 with allies i only made it to 126 with axis. so yeh i am a fanboy
19 Aug 2014, 12:28 PM

Permanently Banned

Heavy Tanks should not be able to flank tank destroyers... Therefore you have Pz IV :)
19 Aug 2014, 12:36 PM

I always thought these are basic rules, but obviously I'm wrong.

You only engage tankdestroyers with Tanks when;

-you have adequate infantry based at to support you,
-you have at least one other tank to flank it,
-the Tankdestroyers engine is crippled.

He hasn't disputed those "rules", and neither have I.

Dunno why you think so.

Point being simply that Blitz is largely irrelevant to this, for the reasons you yourself point out above.

Heavy Tanks should not be able to flank tank destroyers... Therefore you have Pz IV :)

I agree. I havent said anywhere otherwise. :)
As pointed out above, you need to meet those criteria first.
Blitz is largely irrelevant to them, as a TD can simply reverse to maintain range.

Its equally true of nerf allies threads too. Swings both ways.

Point here is that OP basically just wants Blitz removed, so depriving Tiger of a Vet ability, without anything to replace it.

I think thats rather harsh.

Better to look at adjustments to Blitz or a different Vet ability instead of throwing out the baby with the water in one extreme swoop.

Seems odd to me that some people aren't willing to present or consider options.

He then suggests moving Pintle to V1, as if that was a good thing, when infact it just makes it unupgradeable on an unvetted Tiger, and constitutes a double nerf. Ironically at the same time he proposes it as a buff to IS2/KV-1, but lets try to leave those out and focus on Tigers, since that is the topic.
19 Aug 2014, 12:44 PM

Tiger speed 4.7, acceleration 1.5
SU85 speed 5.7, acceleration 2.1
Blitz Tiger speed 6.345, acceleration 2.4

Tiger will easily catch SU85 with Blitz even if you try escape as fast as you can with the SU85, nevermind actually trying to keep it firing at the Tiger.

He then suggests moving Pintle to V1, as if that was a good thing, when infact it just makes it unupgradeable on an unvetted Tiger, and constitutes a double nerf. Ironically at the same time he proposes it as a buff to IS2/KV-1, but lets try to leave those out and focus on Tigers, since that is the topic.

Do you not see how stupid this paragraph looks like? You whine about pintle upgrade at vet1 being a nerf on the Tiger, and then immediately go on to whine about how pintle upgrade at vet1 on IS2 is a buff. Also as a sidenote the IS2 pintle is hugely more important to it than the Tiger pintle is, damage wise.
19 Aug 2014, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 12:44 PMCruzz

Tiger speed 4.7, acceleration 1.5
SU85 speed 5.7, acceleration 2.1
Blitz Tiger speed 6.345, acceleration 2.4

Tiger will easily catch SU85 with Blitz even if you try escape as fast as you can with the SU85, nevermind actually trying to keep it firing at the Tiger.

Nah, unless its already close when it hits the Blitz and the SU85 doesn't react in time.
Furthermore, as has been pointed out, the TD should be supported anyways to prevent such an eventuality and to allow for more reaction time and to impair the incoming Tiger.

What are the exact stat modifiers for Blitz? Do you know?
19 Aug 2014, 12:47 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 11:54 AMJohnnyB

Well why don't you look from the oposite way? This is the only chance a PIV may have to destroy a su-85.

yeah the original poster already acknowledged blitz fits fine for medium tanks as they need it to compete with heavies and TDs. That is why the title is the way it is now.

do ppl even read the shit that doesn't fully support their shit?
19 Aug 2014, 12:47 PM

What if Blitzkrieg only worked when driving forwards?
19 Aug 2014, 12:49 PM
Patrion 14

What if Blitzkrieg only worked when driving forwards?

exactly what i thought but it is the problem with Tiger having blitz not the blitz itself though. at least that is the op's point.
19 Aug 2014, 13:06 PM

If you remove Blitz, then what takes its place?

I dont see how moving Pintle to V1 and making it unupgradeable on non-vetted Tiger is a good thing, or an equitable "replacement" for losing Blitz. Its basically just another nerf ontop of it, of an unassociated AI capacity which is completely irrelevant to the Blitz issue.

Blitz is stated as a problem.
Ok, lets discuss its replacement/change.
Pintle however is fine where and as it currently is. Why start messing with it?

Anyone got any better suggestions for what to replace the Blitz with?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS