Disallow base arty

Disallow base arty
Option Distribution Votes
17%
83%
Total votes: 18
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
11 Aug 2014, 06:30 AM

I feel that off map artillery should not be allowed to be used in opposing players' bases.

Right now I just had a game where US player rushed bulldozer sherman into my base, I actually killed it fairly easily but he put some arty from that commander that in 2 shots destroyed my stuka and 2 vetted schrek volk squads before I could even move them out of the way. Where is the fun or balance in that?? That just ruined my whole match from 1 stupid thing.

Also it would remove the abuse of scavenge doctrine arty on US players too.
11 Aug 2014, 06:59 AM

using off-map on the enemy base is a kind of anti-blob tactic. If you dont blob too much, off-map on the base is not a big deal
11 Aug 2014, 07:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 06:59 AMErguvan
using off-map on the enemy base is a kind of anti-blob tactic. If you dont blob too much, off-map on the base is not a big deal

Uh, what? Troops in the base are literally the one place you can have a mob of infantry and not have it considered a "blob".
11 Aug 2014, 07:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 06:59 AMErguvan

This doesn't make any sense... units retreat to the HQ, naturally there'll be a clump of troops there. It's not possible to not blob at the point for a couple seconds if you need to retreat your squads. Since when was blobbing in the base sector an issue anyway, so much so that it needed 'anti-blob tactics' to defeat?

That being said arty in base is fine, in my opinion, except for the okw 105mm at high munitions levels. the US armor arty has a huge spread so you need to move far far away from the red smoke, but that's about it.
11 Aug 2014, 07:07 AM

L2P, you hear the sound, you see the smoke, Y U NO GTFO?
11 Aug 2014, 07:10 AM

If armor rushes your base again, next time be ready to disperse your units.

More than likely, opponent will follow it up with somekind of artillery.
11 Aug 2014, 07:24 AM

This doesn't make any sense... units retreat to the HQ, naturally there'll be a clump of troops there. It's not possible to not blob at the point for a couple seconds if you need to retreat your squads. Since when was blobbing in the base sector an issue anyway, so much so that it needed 'anti-blob tactics' to defeat?

What kind of aspect do you have :S I mean when you blob while attacking your enemy, probably you would retreat your units at the same time. So your all blobled units will reach your base at the same time. That's what I was talking about.

However, USF and OKW off-map large caliber artilleries are sick! They should be fixed to 6-8 drops
11 Aug 2014, 07:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 07:07 AMPorygon
L2P, you hear the sound, you see the smoke, Y U NO GTFO?

I was moving them away and it insta killed them
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS