Login

russian armor

soviet cheese

PAGES (7)down
10 Aug 2014, 08:45 AM

Is anyone else sick of playing against soviet cheese strats? For example I just played against triple sniper + guards + heavy mortar spam on crossing in the woods as OKW and got stomped. I tried stukas, luchs and MG bunkers from fortifications doctrine and it was all useless.
I don't necessarily mind losing in a 'fair' game, but losing to these cheese strats really makes my blood boil.
10 Aug 2014, 09:05 AM

Name one single strat that is not "cheese".

You'll be surprised at results when you come to conclusion that none exist, because that is how the faction is made.
10 Aug 2014, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 08:45 AMHitman5
Is anyone else sick of playing against soviet cheese strats? For example I just played against triple sniper + guards + heavy mortar spam on crossing in the woods as OKW and got stomped. I tried stukas, luchs and MG bunkers from fortifications doctrine and it was all useless.
I don't necessarily mind losing in a 'fair' game, but losing to these cheese strats really makes my blood boil.

Faced the exact same shit yesterday. Snipers + Guards and heavy mortars from Guard Motor. I did the exact same thing as you, got stuka and luchs. Even managed to catch his snipers with my luchs and killed 2 of them only to have them replaced. Eventually double T34s sealed my fate. Even though I killed 2, they were replaced immediately because he was floating so much fuel thanks to the fact that he doesn't have to tech. What pissed me of most was the fact that it was obvious he wasn't very good; He was losing squads here and there etc but his cheesy tactics allowed him to win.
10 Aug 2014, 09:52 AM

Sniperspam or maximspam,with guards or shocks into callins and isu=soviet easymode noob faction.
10 Aug 2014, 10:17 AM

And you expect soviets to fight OKW with cons and penals? Against OKW it not a choice. Either cheese it up or die.
10 Aug 2014, 10:30 AM

Get used to it. Playing legit against OKW is just setting yourself up for a loss in the lategame.
10 Aug 2014, 10:50 AM
Patrion 310

If you are sick of playing against it then play allies. Its a double win:

1: You don't have to play against soviet cheese strats, only axis ones
2: You will see that the grass isn't always greener.
10 Aug 2014, 11:05 AM

Soviets need a rework with some nerfs and buffs here and there. Replace penal with guards?
10 Aug 2014, 11:28 AM

You guys forgot m3flamers. That's probably the worst of them all, since it's such an insult to historical accuracy, realism and logic. It's also easy cheese.

The faction design is good when players make an effort to make conscripts first and then T1/T2 units (ie combined arms). It's just that some units are broken (eg ISU) and there are cheese starting strategies (m3 flamer starts, triple sniper squads and maxim spam, and waiting for heavy tnaks).

They have the lowest learning curve, and that's why people say they are "easymode".

You just have to get used to it, it gives Axis players more challenge.
10 Aug 2014, 11:40 AM

I don`t have a problem with cons, maxims, M3s... I think that`s all fair game and perfectly counterable.

The only thing I think needs fixing is double/triple sniper which almost always results in a long frustrating game where ze germans just slowly bleed to death.
10 Aug 2014, 12:11 PM

the most insulting part is that the players that cheese it up the most always say 'gl hf' at the start....
10 Aug 2014, 13:16 PM

The faction design is good when players make an effort to make conscripts first and then T1/T2 units (ie combined arms).

So the faction design is good when players play to lose? Which is what you are suggesting here against OKW.
10 Aug 2014, 16:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The faction design is good when players make an effort to make conscripts first and then T1/T2 units (ie combined arms).

:rofl:

Conscripts are going to drain you mp during the whole game while not scaling, specially against OKW.
They MIGHT work with PPSH, on urban CQC maps, IF the opponent doesn´t go for heavy call in units/obersoldaten, on 1v1.

I don`t have a problem with cons, maxims, M3s... I think that`s all fair game and perfectly counterable.

The only thing I think needs fixing is double/triple sniper which almost always results in a long frustrating game where ze germans just slowly bleed to death.

+1

It´s a milimetrical game on wether you kill or not the snipers. You can win in a couple of seconds or fall into a spiral losing road.
10 Aug 2014, 16:36 PM

And you expect soviets to fight OKW with cons and penals? Against OKW it not a choice. Either cheese it up or die.

People doesn't seem to understand how fucked is soviet infantry against OKW.

Till next patch we will only see sniper/guards, maxims and M3, because is the only thing that works. In 2vs2 is even more unbalanced.
10 Aug 2014, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 16:36 PMGreeb

People doesn't seem to understand how fucked is soviet infantry against OKW.

Till next patch we will only see sniper/guards, maxims and M3, because is the only thing that works. In 2vs2 is even more unbalanced.

Again whats ur excuse for using those vs ostheer?Soviets cheese because they can..they require low level skill and easy to abuse a-move noob faction.
10 Aug 2014, 19:36 PM

Permanently Banned
They don't. If you micro your Ubersoldaten bad, then they get stomped which is right. You just can't sit behind that green cover and playing with your willy using the other hand. You have to micro to avoid getting stomped like in any other RTS.
10 Aug 2014, 20:03 PM

Again whats ur excuse for using those vs ostheer?Soviets cheese because they can..they require low level skill and easy to abuse a-move noob faction.

Why are you implying that I use maxim/sniper spam against ost?? o_O
Didn't I make clear that I was talking about Soviet vs OKW? Even so, current gren/LMG spam requires the use of cheese tactics too, as they negate all soviet infantry too.

By the way, try to do a maxim spam using only A-move. Maybe you will be surprised of how easy is to get raped if you do that.

As a soviet player I will say again: cheese tactics are extremeyly boring to use, and I'm sure most players that use them would prefer to play with combined arms and more infantry play. I for one will love to use penals, but as Omega_Warrior and Aerohank said, currently using them against a equally skilled OKW player means to lose.

We've asking since a lot of time too relic to buff penals, SU76, T70 and perhaps place Conscripts in a place where you don't feel that you're wasting manpower and fuel making them and their upgrades.

Currently only snipers, maxims and ZiS are the only units that doesn't get outclassed for doctrinal units, so it's not strange that they're the only ones soviet players use intensively.
10 Aug 2014, 20:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 09:05 AMKatitof
Name one single strat that is not "cheese".

You'll be surprised at results when you come to conclusion that none exist, because that is how the faction is made.

I cannot believe i'm agreeing here...

Every faction right now, except maybe Ostheer is tailored for ultra-cheesy spam or blob intensive strategies.

OKW blob to deal with Soviets...Soviets spam to deal with OKW...US blob like PE on roids...Ostheer need combined arms and professional-level micro to be competitive...

It's a vicious circle.
10 Aug 2014, 20:22 PM

I cannot believe i'm agreeing here...

Every faction right now, except maybe Ostheer is tailored for ultra-cheesy spam or blob intensive strategies.

OKW blob to deal with Soviets...Soviets spam to deal with OKW...US blob like PE on roids...Ostheer need combined arms and professional-level micro to be competitive...

It's a vicious circle.

Is less frequent that the above mentioned, but Ost also have LMG spam + Tigers.

I don't know 1vs1, but I suppose it should be the most creative and strategic game mode, but 2vs2 is just the same cheese in every faction time and time again.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS