Login

russian armor

More Match statistics possible?

7 Aug 2014, 20:35 PM

Hey people.

Do you know if Relic can add some more end match statistics? I found those already in place a bit too generic and could be a bit more developed.

Like the resource graph which doesn't really shows useful information.
Having a graph that shows separately Fuel, MP and Ammo evolution over the time. And maybe the possibility to see the other interesting information available in that graph: units build and point hold/lost so we can have a better understanding of the match ongoing, pics and gaps why and how.

There are maybe other stats that could be implemented - what's your opinion on?
7 Aug 2014, 20:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I see no reason why this shouldn't have been added months ago.
7 Aug 2014, 20:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

damage dealt over time would be fun
7 Aug 2014, 20:45 PM

There is a graph of how many points you've held and lost throughout the match as well as your build order.

Although the more stuff they can cram into the end-game statistics, the better in my mind. :)
7 Aug 2014, 20:53 PM

Damage dealt, casualty inflicted/lost and army "strength" or "worth" are the only statistics that matter and can actually tell you anything.

Resource income is too dynamic and its not SC2 where the difference actually matters.
7 Aug 2014, 20:58 PM

Well sometime you really want to know how that pretty damn unit XX(insert an high resource cost unit name) hit the field so fast or what you did wrong in your own resource management etc... And instead of watching the reply only to follow the Fuel or Ammo evolution, you could have it directly in a time frame graph.

That was my underlying idea. Actually you can see when the unit has been created on a table and need to go on another tab to check the graph that doesn't detail Ammo/Fuel. It's not really helpful.
Vaz
7 Aug 2014, 21:21 PM

The more stats the better. Would be nice if there was a file you could save the game stats to as well.
7 Aug 2014, 21:40 PM

I wish they would give more information that were included in vCoH like what kind of units were lost and destroyed. vCoH actually says how many vehicles and infantry were lost.

I would like it to have more info like how many light vehicles, artillery and heavy tanks were destroyed as well.
7 Aug 2014, 21:43 PM

I would love to see mine/demolition kills
8 Aug 2014, 18:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Efficiency of units is kinda worthless is you don´t take into consideration reinforcement cost.

I would love seeing a different efficiency scale, at least for infantry, which takes into account kills, reinforcements and upgrades.
8 Aug 2014, 20:47 PM

The more stats shown at the end of the game, the better.
13 Aug 2014, 00:20 AM

I'd like to see a total score based on damage done, multiplied by kills minus losses multiplied by captured points minus lost points (*4)

or some other equation, just for fun
13 Aug 2014, 00:38 AM

I'd like to see how much damage and kills were dealt by specific offmap abilities (incendiary barrage, stuka bombing strike, sector artillery etc.)

I think it's long overdue.
13 Aug 2014, 04:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 00:20 AMakula
I'd like to see a total score based on damage done, multiplied by kills minus losses multiplied by captured points minus lost points (*4)

or some other equation, just for fun

anyone else like this idea?
13 Aug 2014, 04:48 AM

An APM graph would be interesting.
13 Aug 2014, 07:56 AM

Infantry killed
Vehicles destroyed
Tanks destroyed
Buildings destroyed

^ a must, don't understand why they are not there

Damage dealt is nice statistic, but it is in large part retarding player base. I would like that one to be removed or available in some sort of expanded graph statistic, not on main statistic screen.

(retarding as in, stuka/mortar/arty spamming players will never evolve into better players because they think they are very good as it is. With by far lowest kill count and decent damage dealt.
Try explaining that damage dealt is good, but it needs to be converted to kills. Otherwise its just repaired tanks and healed infantry. Really not much 'damage dealt' in reality)

13 Aug 2014, 07:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

13 Aug 2014, 08:15 AM

An APM graph would be interesting.

CoH-2 isn't an APM-intensive game at all in fairness. I don't think an APM graph would be too helpful.

What I'd like to see is how much fuel and manpower drain a unit-type has caused. Damage dealt is awfully vague and isn't too important because that damage could have been dealt to tanks which escaped or to infantry models which weren't necessarily killed and simply healed the damage off.

A unit like a sniper will generally do far less damage than a conscript squad despite getting something like 10 times the kills. It would be much easier to understand the value of a unit if actual manpower damage could be displayed as well as damage dealt when showing the stats of a unit (i.e How much reinforcing a unit forced your opponent to make/how many squad wipes it dealt).

Other cool stuff which could be displayed is how many times a particular squad had to be reinforced and how much that cost you as well as how much HP a tank been repaired throughout the course of the game (Obviously, tanks which have survived for longer will have been repaired more). Also, would be pretty cool to see things like "Shots deflected" (IS2 would be the king of this) on tanks.
13 Aug 2014, 08:17 AM

I'd like a more detailed stat regarding damage dealt. As I understand it, it's mostly useless and terrible as a gauge of how good a player is.

When you damage an infantry/vehicle, but not wipe/kill the man/unit, they end up healing only to be damaged again. That inflates the damage statistic because you're applying a lot of damage without actually dealing serious blows against the enemy. Tanks can take a lot of abuse, repair up to full, only to be damaged partially. In essence, the damage you've dealt is mostly meaningless. Same for getting a squad down to a millimeter of health but all men still alive.

When a player kills a man, wipes a squad or kills a unit, the damage dealt is 80 x men in the squad, or the overall HP of the vehicle. The damage dealt for the death blow will be less than the damage dealt over a very long time.

I'm not sure how to change the damage statistic, but it's a bad number.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★