Login

russian armor

My proposal to making USF more appealing

7 Aug 2014, 15:26 PM

Permanently Banned
I know all the axis player hate long outmatch time due to the lack of players playing allies lately....

So here is my propsosal to make USF more appealing.

1. Add m26 Pershing ( i know this idea is hated by axis players, many say it would be OP due to the fact that the pershing will sit in front while the jacksons hit from range. My argument to this is that the russians already use this tactic with IS-2's in front and SU-85's firing from range) If this idea is too much to deal with then i propose that the commander would replace the m36 jackson with a build-able m18 hellcat or m10. The m26 would really help in team games.

2. More infantry variety. I think adding more infantry types my be silly. So, i simply propose that relic allow USF player to build more Multiple captain and lieutenant squads. I realize that axis player are getting tired of "Rifle Spam". This will allow the faction to be more enjoyable.

3. Lastely a complete separate commander from the Pershing one it would be interesting. If the commander allowed the replacement of the 1919 gun rack for a Thomson gun rack. this would really help in close maps. I know axis player hate this idea also. My argument against that is that cons can use ppsh guns for some commanders.

These are my proposals to making the USF faction more fun! I hope you guys agree with some of my points. ATM When i log on to play, auto match constantly shows 80% axis and 20% allies. Im guessing people are kinda used to russians but wont properly give the USF a good run time.

I really hope players are open to changing thier minds :)
7 Aug 2014, 15:45 PM

Dont worry about the matchmaker %.

It means absolutely nothing for many many reasons.
7 Aug 2014, 16:16 PM

I personally never want to see the Pershing, because of Vehicle Crews. Imagine having a IS2 that comes with some vet, and has the ability to self repair that can stop at any time and repair critical.
Add in the fact that it's within a faction that has arguably the strongest medium tanks/TDS, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I agree with more infantry variety, I understand it's part of the faction design to have a singular infantry unit that becomes adaptable later on, but it just kinda sucks that you can only build 2 units early game. Makes for a very stale early game.
7 Aug 2014, 17:20 PM

Dont worry about the matchmaker %.

It means absolutely nothing for many many reasons.

lol ok

It means exactly what it's supposed to mean: Most people playing this game are playing Axis
7 Aug 2014, 17:23 PM

lol ok

It means exactly what it's supposed to mean: Most people playing this game are playing Axis

Except no, it doesnt. For many many reasons.

The matchmaker % is no indicator of anything.
7 Aug 2014, 17:36 PM

So the numbers on the matchmaker screen telling me 80% of people searching for a game are Axis......are just there for the lols?

I'm waiting on the edge of my seat to hear the apologetic "explanation" of how Axis don't have more people playing them, even though the game is clearly telling me so.
7 Aug 2014, 17:41 PM

Yep.

Means nothing.
7 Aug 2014, 17:47 PM
7 Aug 2014, 17:54 PM

ok

That pic is pretty good representation of someone who thinks the geographic, timezone, ELO, players already in matches, whatever faction people happen to be playing at the time (including swinging from one to another like you, because they think they get faster matches as the opposite), and the fact we have no idea what the % represents since it was changed from a concrete figure, looks like.

So yes. Keep on thinking that while people who understand the system, laugh.

As I have said. You trying to decide what faction is most popular by looking at your narrow perspective on the matchmaking %, is like you looking at the sky in Denmark, and trying to predict from that the weather in New Zealand. Its just total fail.

Now stop trying to derail.
7 Aug 2014, 20:08 PM

Permanently Banned
I personally never want to see the Pershing, because of Vehicle Crews. Imagine having a IS2 that comes with some vet, and has the ability to self repair that can stop at any time and repair critical.
Add in the fact that it's within a faction that has arguably the strongest medium tanks/TDS, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I agree with more infantry variety, I understand it's part of the faction design to have a singular infantry unit that becomes adaptable later on, but it just kinda sucks that you can only build 2 units early game. Makes for a very stale early game.

Soviets have thier own crew repair commander
7 Aug 2014, 20:19 PM

They might have their own crew repair, but the tank can't fix any criticals instantly like the USF Vehicle Crews can (that's the main part of it).
7 Aug 2014, 20:21 PM

That pic is pretty good representation of someone who thinks the geographic, timezone, ELO, players already in matches, whatever faction people happen to be playing at the time (including swinging from one to another like you, because they think they get faster matches as the opposite), and the fact we have no idea what the % represents since it was changed from a concrete figure, looks like.

So yes. Keep on thinking that while people who understand the system, laugh.

As I have said. You trying to decide what faction is most popular by looking at your narrow perspective on the matchmaking %, is like you looking at the sky in Denmark, and trying to predict from that the weather in New Zealand. Its just total fail.

Now stop trying to derail.

I would like to remark that the majority of forum balance posts are about OKW units being underpowered, and the Soviets being OP, to the point where Relic is actually considering nerfing the Soviets. Whether or not the queue has something to do with the balance is debatable, but it seems clear that a lot of players would prefer to play Axis. It could mean a lot of things, but to say that i means nothing is ignorant. If one restaurant is more popular than another, it's probably because that one restaurant is better in some respect. I think the same logic applies here.

In response to QueenRatchet's topic:
1. While I think the Pershing would be cool to have, even if only for nostalgia's sake, the American abilities would kind of make it a bit overpowered. All the same, if the USF had better non-doctrinal tanks to begin with, maybe we wouldn't want a Pershing so badly, especially in team games.
2. I understand the infantry variety issue, but... multiple NCO units would be kind of silly. I think Riflemen are an important staple of the USF, complemented by at least decent, if not great doctrinal infantry. The early game is just kind of boring. Then again, the Soviets are stuck spamming Maxims now, so hey, it's not just a USF problem.
3. From what I've seen of Armor Company's and Airborne Thompsons, an upgrade to them probably wouldn't be as useful as you think. The weapon itself seems to kind of flounder around. It's better to keep the Germans at a distance anyhow.
7 Aug 2014, 21:08 PM

Pershing, definitely needs to be in the game
7 Aug 2014, 21:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Some posts reported. Nothing too nasty. Please try to stop flying the envelope - you guys are not test pilots - you could crash! .

Try to respect each other. Thanks :)
7 Aug 2014, 21:49 PM

1. What role would the pershing serve? A carbon copy re-skin of the IS-2? It would need a similarly high fuel req of 250-300 to offset the effectiveness of existing USF tanks.

USF's existing T4 is already extremely effective, although it does take more effort in micro to keep the fragile tanks alive.

2. Eh don't know about this, I don't see multiple officer squads being a necessity at all. What the faction does need is more variety options in the early game that isn't limited to doctrine (assault engies/wc51)rather than 3-4 rifle openings all the time.

3. Thompsons racks being available I don't see being that bad. Rifles have no gap closers (aside from rifle smoke grenades) giving OST/OKW squads plenty of time to respond, they also aren't that effective as people may think. Lieutenant and captain models have their own special thompson that does more damage than say paratrooper thompsons. My experience with thompson paratroopers is that you have to keep them still and in pecker distance to do any serious damage. They are definitely not as effective as a shocktrooper squad on the move.
7 Aug 2014, 22:16 PM

1. Pershing

2. Jumbo

3. Calliope

4. 105mm Howitzer.

5. 90mm gun

6. Hellcat

7. Rangers (can be called in from buildings)

8. A really good pak howie
7 Aug 2014, 22:18 PM

perhaps a Pershing
about
1040 hp
350 front armor
125 rear
and king tiger damage with the is2 mobility
7 Aug 2014, 22:31 PM

Soviets have their own crew repair commander
However the Soviets have to stop doing anything for 15 seconds whereas American crew can hop in at the first sign of trouble and repair the critical instantly. I believe that M4A3E2 Jumbo will do fine.

Didn't Relic said USF will be about mobility and speed so the Jumbo is quite mobile and personally I don't want to see anymore COH1 stuff in the game. CoH2 should only take the ones that are really good and maintain some authenticity in the game or else it ain't a WW2 game right? The USF in the game is supposed to be late 44 to early 45, right? It should mean the m26 was barely used.
8 Aug 2014, 02:50 AM

The "totally awesome" company:

0cp - radio intercepts
2cp - Rangers
5cp - recon overflight
8cp - Calliopes
11cp - Pershing tank
8 Aug 2014, 03:01 AM

The "totally awesome" company:

0cp - radio intercepts
2cp - Rangers
5cp - recon overflight
8cp - Calliopes
11cp - Pershing tank

US Final Assault doctrine:

2CP -Rangers
3CP -Supply drop-like Luftwaffe support fuel/munition drop cheese
5CP - War machine (replace all destroyed tanks during the time period)
9CP -105mm howitzer
11CP -M26 Pershing

due to total fairness, this DLC will cost only 9.99 USD.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★