Login

russian armor

Semois Summer and Stalingrad

5 Aug 2014, 13:21 PM

These two maps need to be removed/reworked because of the strong faction bias.

Stalingrad...worst map for the germans.
Semois Summer....mission impossible for the USF and heaven for OKW.

Edit: Minks belongs to these maps.
5 Aug 2014, 13:40 PM

Permanently Banned
True. I would like to see both maps removed due to their bad design! Maps should have points where advantage AND disadvantage of the factions can be used!
5 Aug 2014, 14:41 PM

I agree about Stalingrad, but not sure about Semois.
5 Aug 2014, 15:01 PM

I haven't played much on Stalingrad, but it is a strange map, tough pathing for vehicles especially and lots of close combat. What's the issue with OKW and Semoisky summer though?

I'm not disagreeing, I'd just like more detail on why you think the maps favour factions.
5 Aug 2014, 15:13 PM

I hate Semois as every faction. There's no need to have such a harsh cut-off. A few mistakes and you're stuck in your base 'cos there's only one way out.

And yeah Stalingrad is no fun either.
5 Aug 2014, 15:18 PM

Semoisky summer is perfect for camping (mostly from 1v1 experience):

1; Fuel points next to the base and are hard to harrass, so the OKW can dig in at the center or the muni cut-off and a pain in the ass to kick them out of there 'cuz all the firepower they have unless the allies have indirect fire. So yeah, you have to go straght into their defensive line and use brute force if you don't want to call the GG.

2; Limited flanking options thanks to the water and the small space thus USF cannot use their mobility on this map. Once the heavies roll out it's over (ofc it's impossible to flank them on this map)

3; Early-game situation: Send a Kübel to the enemy's cut-off and the allied advance is halted, saw it way too many times.

All this is because the new factions are more map-dependant compared to the vanila ones.
5 Aug 2014, 15:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Semois summer sucks because you can't flank on this map. Against any half decent opponent it's not possible because one side is mined all the time and meanwhile you get pushed by heavy tanks into your base -> off map arty -> gg

PS: I say Stalingrad heavily favours allies so I say Semois favours axis.
5 Aug 2014, 15:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I generally win as allies on semoskiy summer.
5 Aug 2014, 17:25 PM

I agree, both of these maps have no place in automatch in my opinion, at least as they are. Didn't like Semois, don't like Semoskiy.
5 Aug 2014, 17:46 PM

Stalingrad and Minsk: remove!

I'm not sure about Semois. If the USF have better arty (visit another thread for this) I think the map is good. Arty if for USF the key on this map because there is just one way on the map. The OKW has probaly all of its units standing very near to each other. Imagine what a pack howi or a priest (if buffed) would do!

I like semois itself because of intense fights. Anyone who didn't liked Semois in COH1 probaly loved Schelde.
5 Aug 2014, 18:16 PM

La Gleize is awful for Wehr vs USF
5 Aug 2014, 18:31 PM

There is a difference between a flawed map and a map that you dont like. I think Stalingrad is a perfect example of a flawed map. Minsk on the other hand is fine. If you dont like it veto it.
5 Aug 2014, 18:55 PM

I think Minsk is a bit flawed too. Long straight corridors where all the shotblockers go in one direction - up and down. Though I do like the fact there are no houses in the middle, it makes it different from other maps.
5 Aug 2014, 19:16 PM

By the way, has everyone forgotten Road to Charkow? It's just the same as Minsk. 3 long tunnels for extra nice camping experience and most time only 2 ways to flank the enemy.

I know this is unpopular, but I really would like to see Prypjat Winter again. With WFA the map balance could have changed.
5 Aug 2014, 19:19 PM

These two maps need to be removed/reworked because of the strong faction bias.

Stalingrad...worst map for the germans.
Semois Summer....mission impossible for the USF and heaven for OKW.

Edit: Minks belongs to these maps.

Stalingrad was reworked .. i hate it before but now it's a pretty nice map .. im bored of the same villages every game to be honest a decent urban map was needed ... semosky summer is fine aswell in my opinion P.S i'm not the biggest fan of kholodny ferma winter to be honest OpeiOP
5 Aug 2014, 19:22 PM

Semoisky summer is perfect for camping (mostly from 1v1 experience):

1; Fuel points next to the base and are hard to harrass, so the OKW can dig in at the center or the muni cut-off and a pain in the ass to kick them out of there 'cuz all the firepower they have unless the allies have indirect fire. So yeah, you have to go straght into their defensive line and use brute force if you don't want to call the GG.

2; Limited flanking options thanks to the water and the small space thus USF cannot use their mobility on this map. Once the heavies roll out it's over (ofc it's impossible to flank them on this map)

3; Early-game situation: Send a Kübel to the enemy's cut-off and the allied advance is halted, saw it way too many times.

All this is because the new factions are more map-dependant compared to the vanila ones.

I played a 2v2 on this map and I'm not sure how we could have won it. I know we made mistakes, but we just couldn't crack the town. It was x2 USF vs OKW + WM. We managed to avoid the Kubel rush with a WC51 which destroyed it, and we held the town for the first few minutes. But OKW set their Medic Truck right on the other end of the bridge, which was supported by WM MG 42's in the church and several other buildings. Fallschrimjager popping out of buildings forced us out of town by nullifying out flanks. Assault Engineers proved insufficient against OKW's Sturmpioneers and Fallschrimjager even at point-blank, and the Pack Howitzers proved insufficient to dislodge the Bunkers and MG's, which prevented any Infantry advancement, while Volksgrenadiers and Panzergrenadiers made armoured approaches impossible. Stuka zu Fuß also destroyed our Pack Howitzer batteries several times, while said batteries contributed little to the actual fight. The western flank was our only other option, but it was guarded / attacked by a Jagdpanzer, Panther, and Tiger tank with multiple Bunkers and MG 42's, and an Infrared Half-Track which let them know in advance when we were coming. In the end, we lost because we couldn't dislodge the enemy from the town or the western flank.

Also special mention for the M36 that bounced every shot on a Tiger and Panther while AP rounds were active.
5 Aug 2014, 19:29 PM

Permanently Banned
By the way, has everyone forgotten Road to Charkow? It's just the same as Minsk. 3 long tunnels for extra nice camping experience and most time only 2 ways to flank the enemy.

I know this is unpopular, but I really would like to see Prypjat Winter again. With WFA the map balance could have changed.

I agree. Minsk and Road to Charkow is just League of Legends map
5 Aug 2014, 19:32 PM

How are you supposed to play Semoiskiy, I have no idea. I play Ostheer favourite and I hate camping. This map is a mystery to me, only one I veto, because when I don't I get it every game and lose.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★