Login

russian armor

Faction Imbalance

PAGES (7)down
2 Aug 2014, 18:14 PM

I was just curious as to the reason behind the imbalances in terms of what factions players are playing. I have noticed this over the last few months but only now decided to find out why. It seems Axis seem heavily stacked in terms of players, if I search for 1v1/2v2 currently both are around 88% Axis and last night for the majority of the night I was seeing 96% Axis and this seems like a general trend and I was just curious as to why?

Also could these percents at all affect the calls for nerfs/buffs? As far as balance goes I honestly have no say, I don't know the game well enough to really know but I do notice that the majority of nerf calls do seem against the allies, is this affected by the fact everyone plays Axis? And say the nerf calls are just and allies do get nerfed would this potentially lead to even less ally players?

But yeah just really curious as to why everyone seems to play Axis

2 Aug 2014, 18:17 PM

I was just curious as to the reason behind the imbalances in terms of what factions players are playing. I have noticed this over the last few months but only now decided to find out why. It seems Axis seem heavily stacked in terms of players, if I search for 1v1/2v2 currently both are around 88% Axis and last night for the majority of the night I was seeing 96% Axis and this seems like a general trend and I was just curious as to why?

Also could these percents at all affect the calls for nerfs/buffs? As far as balance goes I honestly have no say, I don't know the game well enough to really know but I do notice that the majority of nerf calls do seem against the allies, is this affected by the fact everyone plays Axis? And say the nerf calls are just and allies do get nerfed would this potentially lead to even less ally players?

But yeah just really curious as to why everyone seems to play Axis

Just read any Katyusha vs Stuka thread, see what happened in last patch and make an opinion yourself.

In my opinion, yes, forums are terribly biased in both factions, but one of them have much more spokepersons than the other one.
2 Aug 2014, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2014, 18:17 PMGreeb

Just read any Katyusha vs Stuka thread, see what happened in last patch and make an opinion yourself.

Both needed a nerf but only the Katyusha got one? Or at least players thought both needed a nerf?
2 Aug 2014, 18:54 PM

The problem isn't as exaggerated as it seems.

Basically, team games are a meat market night club and allies are girls showing lots of cleavage. The bouncers let the girls in faster whilst the guys have to queue longer. Inside the club its 50:50 but outside the guys waiting in line outnumber the busty girls by quite a lot.

In more rational terms, e.g. you have 600 axis players and 500 allies players. 400 from each are in game, so you have 200 axis and 100 allies waiting. so you have like 55% axis players in total but when seaching it says 66% axis. I'm sure in reality there aren't such huge numbers of difference in the player base.

2 Aug 2014, 18:56 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Advanced position retreat presents a great advantage for the new factions. A rapidly in reinforcements, it is really hard to counter this.

Katy the nerf has caused a worsening of more blob
The Buff of katy is not the solution but I think more should be delayed reinforcement of these units.
2 Aug 2014, 19:12 PM

Basically, team games are a meat market night club and allies are girls showing lots of cleavage. The bouncers let the girls in faster whilst the guys have to queue longer. Inside the club its 50:50 but outside the guys waiting in line outnumber the busty girls by quite a lot.

In more rational terms, e.g. you have 600 axis players and 500 allies players. 400 from each are in game, so you have 200 axis and 100 allies waiting. so you have like 55% axis players in total but when seaching it says 66% axis. I'm sure in reality there aren't such huge numbers of difference in the player base.

While that logic makes sense and could be correct, I don't think this is it for certain. Odd game to compare CoH2 to but if you look at WoW vanilla when bgs were introduced there was a similar situation and the reality was that 90% of players were playing one faction.

That being said you may be completely correct but I guess only Relic would know the true numbers.
2 Aug 2014, 19:27 PM

The pleasure of playing *the villains* is unexplainable
2 Aug 2014, 21:16 PM

US is so boring to play maybe just for me...
2 Aug 2014, 21:50 PM

Oh, nice explanation :)

I'd say you're very likely to be right, otherwise anyone searching for axis would have to wait half an hour for a game. Since the longest I usually wait for an axis game is 3 minutes, it can't possibly be the case that 90% of all players are going Axis.

N1 :)

And I think more people play Axis, not because they want to be the villain, simply because the gameplay is more dynamic than the allied factions. Since Soviet core inf is kinda weak, when playing as sovs you have to use boring units like MGMGMGMGMG or more dynamic but cheesy units like flamer + M3 HT, which for me isn't fun. Soviet playstyle is very cookie-cutter: m3-sniper-guards-122mortar-ISU / MGMGMGMG-Shocks-IS2/ISU. There just aren't so many fun options as Sovs :( plus the voice actors really sucked :(

Playing as Amis means having at least 7 infantry squads to fiddle around with. You get 15 minutes of power to win the game, (Blob/AAHT) followed by 20 minutes of your units melting to Obers/Stuka then 10 minutes of watching your useless AT be useless against Axis armour. The game is generally decided early on by whether you slowed their fuel while boosting your own so you can outnumber their tanks with Jacksons / E8s. It's also kinda boring :(

2 Aug 2014, 22:05 PM

Thank you, you saved me the work of explaining this a 3rd time :D
2 Aug 2014, 22:25 PM

The problem is the design of the factions.

Whermacht is designed well - its thought out - and with the exception of a useless T4 - its well rounded.

OKW is a pure blob - especially with the ammo increase - its dull but the blob wins all.

The problem with the Allies:

RU - Terrible design, so badly designed they continued to buff the faction just so people will play it.

US - As others have said - its a 15 min faction - when the real armor rolls out, the US has no counter (unless you're a pro - and even then you'll be working 10 times as hard).

Thats the problem in a nutshell really.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %