Login

russian armor

Are Shock Troops balanced?

• This thread is locked
1 Aug 2014, 16:28 PM

Maybe it is just me, but shock troops are ridiculous. I had a vet 4 Obersoldaten squad with the infrared Stg44's getting obliterated by vet 1 shock troops AT RANGE. The Obersoldaten, especially with the upgraded 44's, and ESPECIALLY vet 4, should wipe the floor with shocks, yes?

I don't understand this game. And no, I was not in red cover, we were both in yellow.
1 Aug 2014, 16:31 PM

Extremely unlikely to happen. Can you supply a replay?
1 Aug 2014, 16:31 PM

At range? No way except it was bugged out.
1 Aug 2014, 16:33 PM

I doubt that happened, Shocks DPS falls off quite rapidly at any sort of range, obers will win quite handily in the situation your describing... (even with the shorter range stg upgrade)

I'm sure there was some other factor, grenades?

Anyway, to answer your point, Shocks are excellent anti inf, but with no anti vehicle whatsoever. Much like obers, if used well they can cause serious damage but they are a liability with regards to bleeding manpower if you take too many losses. Pretty balanced IMO.
1 Aug 2014, 16:39 PM

Oh, its one of these "I have seen a big foot, but my camera died, but I really did, please believe my completely irrational statement that all the factual and numerical evidence speaks against without my supporting a proof" threads.

If you want to post thread like this, make sure you have a rep attached right below it, because what you describe is impossible under literally any condition.
1 Aug 2014, 16:42 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Yes they are.
1 Aug 2014, 16:58 PM

Shock troopers has been buffed a lot now ppshs attack damage has been buffed at ranged but that happened a looong time ago.

It would be balanced if the MG42 has a better reaction time, because that would be the best counter against shock troopers, but I'm not sure if they are overpowered. They are a lot harder to handle since every OKW infantry unit has been nerfed.
1 Aug 2014, 17:02 PM

this must be a lolcake thread in disguise
1 Aug 2014, 17:07 PM

No it's not lolcake. I asked a simple question. It was frustrating when it happened and it seemed like there weren't any real extenuating circumstances that led to my Obers losing.

So I just wondered what your thoughts on the balance of shock troops were. No I didn't provide any proof, but why bother posting if you're just going to be sarcastic?

Got it, made a mistake. End the thread
1 Aug 2014, 17:20 PM
Patrion 14

Calling somebody vetlolcake is a pretty serious insult to be slung around these days...

I think everyone would love to see the replay your describing. Relic included.
1 Aug 2014, 17:25 PM

They are the only infantry the soviets have that can deal with OKW blobs. I pretty much am locked into picking a commander with them.
1 Aug 2014, 17:27 PM

I'd be really interested in watching the replay if you post it.
1 Aug 2014, 17:29 PM

They are the only infantry the soviets have that can deal with OKW blobs. I pretty much am locked into picking a commander with them.

Shocks are good, but I find that they can get slaughtered by Pios and Obers unless you can ambush the enemy, since they are only good very close range.

Wouldn't Maxims be a better counter? Maxim + Shocks would be a lethal combination I imagine.

I guess you could use their smoke grenades to close the distance too which is handy.
1 Aug 2014, 17:32 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

op wants the thread locked. End of.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak