Login

russian armor

OKW Flak HT vs US AA

1 Aug 2014, 06:51 AM

Permanently Banned
Dont understand that OKW has a 3 second set up time and is significantly weaker than US aa truck that can fire on move with 50 cal and utterly decimate for almost the same cost and stay out of range of shreks

How does that make sense?

Proposed changes

OKW truck

OKW reduce set up time to 1.5 seconds (Considering this truck has no Machine gun this is justified)
Buff suppression to account for less damage than US AA truck. This will also assist in controlling US/Sov blobbing
For the love of god - Fix the accuracy when firing around obstacles.
Slight damage buff (but not more than US AA truck)
Decrease fuel cost to 45 again. This will at least make it more viable in 1v1 considering its OKW fuel

US AA truck

Introduce 2 second set up time.
Slight decrease in main weapon reload time (10-15% decrease)
Slight Hp decrease. Atm takes 3 shreks to kill....

Relic logic that they give allies a more powerful AA truck that has no set up time. Why is it no surprise that they seem to consistently ignore allied OP issues. Why the hell was another second added to the OKW HT. Who the fk comes up with these stupid decisions?

maxim spam, US rifle blob, IS2 NEVER ADRESSED, US AA as soon as one thread is made or EVEN NO THREADS made they nerf axis at the drop of a hat.

Look at the 1v1 streaks of top players and it shows you there is something wrong with sovs and US getting ridiculous W/L ratios.

When US has 90% WL ratio and recent Soviet WL ratio as over 90% THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE GAME. As opposed to OH getting obliterated by US and OKW being the worst 1v1 nation by far statistics wise.

1 Aug 2014, 06:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I agree that they haven't got the parity right yet. Part of the problem is the behavior of the OKW truck shooting the ground and/or every obstacle between it and its target, when the US HT machine guns shoot through such things.

The reload time on the US main gun is pretty long as well. I think the fires from the back aspect was meant to help balance it, but nothing can take advantage of the extra pen really.

It would help your argument if you proposed changes.
1 Aug 2014, 07:10 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 06:56 AMOhme
I agree that they haven't got the parity right yet. Part of the problem is the behavior of the OKW truck shooting the ground and/or every obstacle between it and its target, when the US HT machine guns shoot through such things.

The reload time on the US main gun is pretty long as well. I think the fires from the back aspect was meant to help balance it, but nothing can take advantage of the extra pen really.

Done
1 Aug 2014, 07:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 06:56 AMOhme

You do realize what that means, right?

Giving all flak weapons a chance to go through obstacles (since *some* shells seem to go through obstacles and flak doesnt seem to) buffs greatly buffs the 251/17 (flak halftrack) 2 cm flak emplacement, 37.5 mm base flak, ostwind, luchs, scout car cannon; simply because many of their bursts overshoot because of weird height displacement, or the flak burst hits the ground and does nothing.

The 251/17 is highly accurate, suppreses in half a burst, has a FREE vet 1 panzer tactician smoke ability (EXTREMELY useful in escaping EVERYTHING), with the major disappointment of having flak physics and hitting all obstacles between it and its target.

Needless to say, the only annoying issue with this is that the m15 can drive up to a set up 251/17, fire its cannon, destroy the 251/17, and wander off with a decent amount of health left. So you have to drive away in order to survive an m15.

Other than that, its amazing at being a vehicle where you set it up at a chokepoint and it would wipe all squads that come near. It takes a long time for normal mg's to do that.

Also, before the massive stuart frontal armor increase, the 251/17 was able to destroy stuarts from the front if the stuart doesnt do its stun shot.

But its a cool thing that a stuart's stun shot allows it to kill a puma.
1 Aug 2014, 07:57 AM

Something as simple as removing the tear down time on the 251/17 would go a long way to making it more useful. My own experience with the unit has been that if shot by an AT gun from the fog of war while set up it will not have time to tear down and flee before the AT gun can take a second shot. At this point the life of the 251/17 is in the hands of the RNG gods. By contrast, the M15 is infinity more survivable since it can quickly drive away from (and even suppress) AT threats as they appear.
1 Aug 2014, 08:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Giving all flak weapons a chance to go through obstacles (since *some* shells seem to go through obstacles and flak doesnt seem to) buffs greatly buffs the 251/17 (flak halftrack) 2 cm flak emplacement, 37.5 mm base flak, ostwind, luchs, scout car cannon; simply because many of their bursts overshoot because of weird height displacement, or the flak burst hits the ground and does nothing.

I was a bit unclear with what I meant. I definitely don't want things going through cover and terrain constantly, but this thing will shoot through multiple rows of cover before hitting the target on some occasions (too many). I don't think this thing even overshoots really, it grossly undershoots most of the time.
1 Aug 2014, 22:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Relic logic that they give allies a more powerful AA truck that has no set up time. Why is it no surprise that they seem to consistently ignore allied OP issues.

Like maxim spam, US rifle blob, IS2 yet as soon as one thread is made or EVEN NO THREADS made they nerf axis at the drop of a hat.

Look at the 1v1 streaks of top players and it shows you there is something wrong with sovs and US getting ridiculous W/L ratios.

1 Aug 2014, 22:47 PM

Oh man sorry but you are a fanboy you only rage about the allis xD

Last time I had a 1gg1 with an Us flak HT vs the Okw flak Ht the Okw wins because his demage was higher
1 Aug 2014, 22:49 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 22:47 PMChris

Last time I had a 1gg1 with an Us flak HT vs the Okw flak Ht the Okw wins because his demage was higher

90% WL ratio for US and soviets vs 60-70% for OH and OKW among top players. Enough said.

And if you lose to OKW flak in US AA u must not know how to press S
1 Aug 2014, 22:51 PM

I think the OKW Flak HT is in a good place right now. It's not over powered, while still being very useful when used right.

The US AA HT, however . . .
2 Aug 2014, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 22:47 PMChris

lol, OKW AA win US AA?? I think you need glasses to diferentiate who is who :snfPeter:
2 Aug 2014, 12:49 PM

I agree that the OKW AA needs some buffs here and there. But from what you put in the OP it seems it would be little overkill.
-Decrease set up time
-Increase range to be slightly less than USF AA
-Doesn't need more suppression, already pins easily and quickly
Maybe change the damage of the USF 50cal mg, its too effective for a coaxial mounted mg
Thats about it i would think
2 Aug 2014, 13:03 PM

lol, OKW AA win US AA?? I think you need glasses to diferentiate who is who :snfPeter:

I actually had a similar experience in a game last night. Drove a M15 into range of an already set up 251/17 and both trucks opened fire upon each other at about the same time. Both trucks did a ton of damage to each other but the 251/17 came out ahead.

That said, there were no object in between the vehicles for the 251/17 to accidentally shoot. The damage was close enough that a few missed shots would have turned the fight the other way.
2 Aug 2014, 16:39 PM

Well the the m15, being a freedom spewing machine with a 37mm cannon and 2 .50 cals is obviously going to be much more powerful than a half track with a single 20mm

However, it seems to powerful for its price. If anything, it should be the M15 which requires the setup time and the flak half track which doesn. The only reason I see the flak half track even having a setup time is for the fancy opening and closing of the armor plates animation to work, but this is not needed for balance reasons
2 Aug 2014, 16:53 PM

okw track is worthless at the moment. it simply very unreliable as most shots simply are not hitting their target. the okw track can win from an us track if the us track already shot his load of its main cannon and is reloading.

I cannot how idiotic relics sometimes acts. the flaktrack was a bit on the up side before the nerf now its hardly useful at all
2 Aug 2014, 17:38 PM

to me it would be enough if the AA does not shoot into the ground ... with the cool down and the low armor i can live with ... but if the thing never hits, it is scrap!
2 Aug 2014, 17:59 PM

The OKW Flak Half Track was close to the American AA Halftrack during the Western Fronts Alpha performance wise but got hit with the nerf bat while the American version was left untouched until the recent nerfs.

As it stands now the unit would be fine if a pebble on the road didn't block half of its shots. Terrain Projectile Collision is one thing they need to remove from the game.

If the OKW AA Halftrack got buffed, I would propose making it similar to the kubelwagon in which movement is unrestricted but in order to shoot it has to setup. So if you need to retreat, the unit could back up immediatly but only fire when it has been setup which would justify the current 3 second setup time.
8 Aug 2014, 23:33 PM

Permanently Banned
The OKW Flak Half Track was close to the American AA Halftrack during the Western Fronts Alpha performance wise but got hit with the nerf bat while the American version was left untouched until the recent nerfs.

As it stands now the unit would be fine if a pebble on the road didn't block half of its shots. Terrain Projectile Collision is one thing they need to remove from the game.

If the OKW AA Halftrack got buffed, I would propose making it similar to the kubelwagon in which movement is unrestricted but in order to shoot it has to setup. So if you need to retreat, the unit could back up immediatly but only fire when it has been setup which would justify the current 3 second setup time.

Yes i have no idea why they changed it so indifferntly. :S really not feasible atm.
9 Aug 2014, 10:50 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2014, 16:53 PMJaigen
okw track is worthless at the moment. it simply very unreliable as most shots simply are not hitting their target. the okw track can win from an us track if the us track already shot his load of its main cannon and is reloading.

I cannot how idiotic relics sometimes acts. the flaktrack was a bit on the up side before the nerf now its hardly useful at all

Would be nice if a PIII was available in the same HT
9 Aug 2014, 21:31 PM

Would be nice if a Panzer III was available at all, OKW sorely lacks a medium tank, even a weak one. Well actually, they do have a weak one, but it's doctrinal and comes very late.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★