Login

russian armor

Panther Rework Idea

1 Aug 2014, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 19:24 PMBurts
How i would like to see the panther.

Anti infantry made like the OLD PIV before it got the scatter buff.

Price cost to 155 fuel.

would need a nerf in its penetration and range but its not a bad idea.

Why do you want the heaviest 'medium' tank of the war to be a glass cannon?

It's exactly what it says on the tin. Thick front, no rear, long range.

It's already a strong tank if you don't confuse it with an IS-2 and use it like a mong (aka 90% of panthers used in game).

Wehr needs to have same stats as OKW and it's fine.

glass cannons simply perform better. i rate the puma far higher then the panther because of that.

1 Aug 2014, 19:40 PM

Why do you want the heaviest 'medium' tank of the war to be a glass cannon?

It's exactly what it says on the tin. Thick front, no rear, long range.

It's already a strong tank if you don't confuse it with an IS-2 and use it like a mong (aka 90% of panthers used in game).

Wehr needs to have same stats as OKW and it's fine.

+1
1 Aug 2014, 19:40 PM

Yes please, panther underperforms? Lets nerf his speed!

You should work for relic balance team lol
1 Aug 2014, 19:45 PM

Well, i don't really want to see the amazing penetration or the range on the panther go. So i think it could keep its high cost, but get some anti infantry , say like the OLD PIV before the buffs.
1 Aug 2014, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 19:39 PMJaigen
glass cannons simply perform better. i rate the puma far higher then the panther because of that.

It's not really about your status as a glass cannon that makes units like the puma good. It's all about your range, maneuverability and your use of good micro.

Panther is the fastest medium tank. It's harder to do than with a puma, but just like a puma you can kite smaller tanks all day. Difference is that the panther won't instantly evaporate if it ends up in range for return fire.

Every strength the Puma has the Panther also has. You pay the extra to remove the chance of it exploding to a stiff breeze, much higher pen and more damage per shot.
1 Aug 2014, 20:53 PM

Actually the Puma's biggest strength is 50 visual range, even though the gun penetration at long range is low, it can still outrange and shoot enemy vehicles without exposing anything, not itself nor a spotter. The Panther doesn't have that, and it's accuracy at range is pretty poor.
1 Aug 2014, 22:52 PM
Patrion 39

I think you guys misinterpreted my original post. It's not that the Panther isn't balanced right now. I just think it has an awkward role ATM, because much of what it does is currently done better by other units.

I think it should have a more clear role and have stats that reflect that role, without being overpowered. It's not a particularly fun unit to use, at least for me. It's kind of hard to use offensively because of it's poor rate of fire and accuracy, and more often than not it ends up sitting in your base protecting the flanks of your PAKs. Not particularly compelling gameplay by any means.

Again, it's not that it's UP. It's just a bit of a boring unit for an already bread and butter faction. In its current state, don't call it a tank hunter, because that's not what it is at the moment.
2 Aug 2014, 09:04 AM

It's not really about your status as a glass cannon that makes units like the puma good. It's all about your range, maneuverability and your use of good micro.

Panther is the fastest medium tank. It's harder to do than with a puma, but just like a puma you can kite smaller tanks all day. Difference is that the panther won't instantly evaporate if it ends up in range for return fire.

Every strength the Puma has the Panther also has. You pay the extra to remove the chance of it exploding to a stiff breeze, much higher pen and more damage per shot.

DPS ads to the survivability of an unit. and the puma has nearly 50% more then the panther. its a big difference if you need to wait 20 seconds to kill a tank or 8 and 2 puma can kill a medium tank under 8 seconds.

5 Aug 2014, 05:20 AM

I really don't see where all this panther hate comes from. You have to respect the tank, because it always takes a coordinated effort from infantry and ATG/Tanks to kill one.

Comes from the fact that it has joke accuracy,joke DPS and joke price.
U don't respect the tank for 175 fuel plus teching cost.Especially when its range is a fraud and it misses half the timeand has to run away from the 1st bazooka or at gun.
Fix accuracy,nerf pen from overkill 240,nerf range to 40,decrease price 155 fuel.
Right now its a glorified meatshield with a dud gun and drunk gunner.Only good defensivelyand costs a pair.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★