Login

russian armor

Patch: July 31st

31 Jul 2014, 18:00 PM

Finally Katyusha adjustment. Thank you.
31 Jul 2014, 18:01 PM

Relic logic: Community complains about call ins being too cost effective and Ostheer T4 being unattractive. Solution:

Nerf Panzerwerfer.

31 Jul 2014, 18:04 PM

Relic logic: Community complains about call ins being too cost effective and Ostheer T4 being unattractive. Solution:

Nerf Panzerwerfer.

XDDDD EPIC
31 Jul 2014, 18:06 PM

Obviously the patch hasn't been out long enough to make any real assessments beyond numbers and theories.

But I don't really see the negative to the rocket radius being reduced. If it's still taking out a chunk of units without obliterating them in the first volley, isn't that desirable?

Squad damage and blob punishment is a good thing. Outright wiping away squads is terrible design.

Obviously the Panzerwerfer is kind of... I'm not sure what's going on there.
31 Jul 2014, 18:10 PM
Donator 22

Nerf Panzerwerfer.

+1
:thumbsup:
31 Jul 2014, 18:14 PM

Could've sworn I saw Katyusha's AOE far changed from 4 to 8, but now all it says is the straight damage nerf:

Mid AOE damage from 45 to 28

Must've been a typo or something. Blobbers, as you were.
31 Jul 2014, 18:17 PM

Nerf Panzerwerfer.

+1 :D

It's working as intended. :snfPeter:
31 Jul 2014, 18:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Ive always defended Relic but balance-wise: Theyre simply running in circles.

Theyre going from "T4 too effective" to "T4 too ineffective" to "T4 too effective" and so on.

Maxim spam was the to go strat when the game was released. They overnerfed it, then they overbuffed it and here we are: Maxim spam is still (or rather again) way too powerful.

The only improvements that were made to the game where the mechanic changes to infantry and tank combat. The rest of all the balance changes were just that: Changes. They improved an issue, but created another one.

Relic balance patches are not a step to improvment but rather a temporal change to the meta game: "What will be OP this month?"

Ive always been very optimistic, but after all those months there was not a single patch where we didnt have something obvious stand out that was just way too strong (or extremely weak=almost useless).

I am not talking about faction balance: That one was better in some patches and worse in others. But im dreaming of a balance version where the factions are roughly the same strength (which has almost always been the case btw) but NOT because some key units are just way too strong and need to be abused in order to win.
31 Jul 2014, 18:26 PM

"Lowered the accuracy modifier of paratroopers from 1.4 to 1.25 to account for the squad healing which was added to veterancy level 2"

Could anyone explain this one to me please? I'm not seeing any 'healing' on vet2 paras
31 Jul 2014, 18:30 PM

"Lowered the accuracy modifier of paratroopers from 1.4 to 1.25 to account for the squad healing which was added to veterancy level 2"

Could anyone explain this one to me please? I'm not seeing any 'healing' on vet2 paras

To me it sounds like they will be less accurate at vet2 then before, because now they can heal like vet3 volks for example.
31 Jul 2014, 18:33 PM

Whats the god damn reason to dbl katiusha damage in previous patch and now reverse it? srsly these patches are getting worse each time....
31 Jul 2014, 18:37 PM

Whats the god damn reason to dbl katiusha damage in previous patch and now reverse it? srsly these patches are getting worse each time....

+1 i am really starting to believe they smoke crack then do balance patches.
31 Jul 2014, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 18:30 PMKatitof

To me it sounds like they will be less accurate at vet2 then before, because now they can heal like vet3 volks for example.

I get that but I see no healing under vet2, I am probably just being really stupid or something
31 Jul 2014, 18:55 PM

Testing the panzerwerfer a bit and it does seem overnerfed, its damage isn't that bad but when coupled with the long cool down time then its really not very useful. Same should apply for katyusha.
31 Jul 2014, 19:12 PM

Why does everyone say Ost T4 is bad? The Pwerfer was awesome these last few patches. Maybe if all the embittered diehard ost fans had pulled heir collective heads out of the sand and realized it had the same damage profile as the 'mad OP' katty with a much tighter, faster barrage, they could have had the fun I was having with that little beauty.

Especially hidden in a forwards spot to counter-battaery kattys and watch them get gibbed by my now shiny vet 2/3 werfer.

Panther still needs to be the same as the Ost one, but meh. Werfer was- and maybe still is- worth T4 in long 2v2 games.
31 Jul 2014, 19:20 PM

1v1 Ost T4 is the problem. It needs to be made useful for 1v1.
Vaz
31 Jul 2014, 19:24 PM

They don't need increased damage on the Katyusha to make it useful. The 160 damage was painful to most because it extended the killing radius of each rocket to almost 3 meters. Lowering the damage back to 80 has reduced the kill zone to 1.5. If they keep the increase the close AOE so that it offered a killzone around 2.5 meters, it will perform like it used to against infantry, without obliterating buildings and being as strong as tank hits on armor.

It should not be at pre-buff level though, as the AOE is still set at 6 instead of 4.
31 Jul 2014, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 19:20 PMboc120
1v1 Ost T4 is the problem. It needs to be made useful for 1v1.

Why's that, exactly?

How many T4 soviets do you see in 1v1? Aside from the current Katty bandwagon.
31 Jul 2014, 19:28 PM

There used to be quite a few people who went T4 Soviets and the Katy buff is designed to make doing so more attractive. The game is first balanced for 1v1 then 2v2, and then who cares about silly larger games.
31 Jul 2014, 19:35 PM
Patrion 14

Why don't people give the changes a few days of testing before they spout, the world is ending because Change log says so, bullshit.

If you'd read the posts in this thread you'd know I've already tried it out and it really does suck.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS