Login

russian armor

Increase the OKW T4 AA-gun efficiency on air targets

31 Jul 2014, 08:47 AM

Hy guys,

I think the AA from OKW truck's top is to forgiving with enemy planes. I mean, Relic made some changes because they build OKW faction on an dvanced base idea. But in current conditions with such powerfull balistic weapons that soviet army cand field, the forward base is too exposed. No doubt katiusha should be nerfed a little (in my opinion B4 too) but hey, this AA also needs more punch against air targets, otherwise there is no point in a forward base, you will be to exposed. Katiusha can shoot blindly against base structures and at your T2 withdrawn infantry, but at list give OKW the chance to quickly shot down a recon plane that would make katiusha's / B4s / howitzers shots even more accurate, whipng out 90% of OKW army that most probably will be withdrawn to T2 or stall around it.
31 Jul 2014, 08:49 AM

So that thing can fend away a T-34 or Sherman is not enough already?
31 Jul 2014, 09:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 08:49 AMPorygon
So that thing can fend away a T-34 or Sherman is not enough already?

Last time I checked T34 or Shermanns could not fly....
31 Jul 2014, 09:31 AM

The danger here is that the truck will render all air call ins worthless... which is a significant problem given how expensive air callins are...
31 Jul 2014, 10:31 AM

Why on earth does a tech building have to counter everything in your books?

OKW already gets free anti-air with their base flaks, has the flak ht, doctrinal ostwind, Panther, KT and PIV MGs...how much more do they need?
31 Jul 2014, 10:39 AM
Patrion 14

^That. Any other faction needs to build a unit specifically for the purpose of gaining AA, while OKW more or less gets it for free cause you're going to build T4 anyway.

Also, if there's artillery around, disable the retreat point at T2.
31 Jul 2014, 10:41 AM

It's a tech building. And you are wrong to say that it's AA abilities being lacking means there is no reason to build it forwards. It is very potent at killing infantry + light vehicles, and can solo a Sherman tank. If it also reliably countered Recon planes and air-call ins, it would be overpowered as heck.

It's already common to see this truck in team games. You basically always get one, or sometimes two of them in a 2v2. They are plenty strong as is, thank you very much.
31 Jul 2014, 10:46 AM

Permanently Banned
Please not. It's a damn tech building and your recons get shot everytime already.

If you buff it, sovjet M5 AA capabilities should be buffed too because it's jut underperforming.
31 Jul 2014, 10:48 AM

Hy guys,

I think the AA from OKW truck's top is to forgiving with enemy planes. I mean, Relic made some changes because they build OKW faction on an dvanced base idea. But in current conditions with such powerfull balistic weapons that soviet army cand field, the forward base is too exposed. No doubt katiusha should be nerfed a little (in my opinion B4 too) but hey, this AA also needs more punch against air targets, otherwise there is no point in a forward base, you will be to exposed. Katiusha can shoot blindly against base structures and at your T2 withdrawn infantry, but at list give OKW the chance to quickly shot down a recon plane that would make katiusha's / B4s / howitzers shots even more accurate, whipng out 90% of OKW army that most probably will be withdrawn to T2 or stall around it.

Decrease it pls,

Because if u play Lend-Lease-Doctrin it is too strong.
31 Jul 2014, 10:50 AM

US AA HT definitely needs an Anti-aircraft buff. It almost never shoots anything down!
31 Jul 2014, 10:53 AM

AA performance is pure RNG anyways (x% chance per shot to shoot planes down). There is simply no way to make it reliable on a slow firing weapon, other than increasing the chance to levels where it'll shoot down a plane pretty much always.

However, why not allow the OKW player to buy upgrades for the truck? He could choose between a HP/Armor upgrade, an AP upgrade (worse anti inf, can now 1v1 medium tanks) or an incendiary ammo upgrade (worse anti tank, better anti inf, maybe slightly better anti air).
Though I propose that just for fluff, I don't think the T4 flak building needs real changes. It is in a dangerous spot where it theoretically allows a player to camp the enemy's cutoff if it is just a tiny bit too strong.
Or add a anti air mode in which the emplacement is better against air targets but can't target ground targets (switching takes some time, of course).
31 Jul 2014, 11:02 AM

Well probably none of you guys met the combo I met (katiushas + B4 + recon) and experiment on your skin B4 + katiushas air coordinated strikes on your advanced hq buildings and on your infantry near them. Sure, it is a nice tactical idea, but that leaves okw with no chance. Something must be done though, so then nerf katiusha. I was asking for the "lightest" way by at list not allowing enemy plane to coordinate such deadly strikes....
31 Jul 2014, 11:58 AM

Hmmmm, I don't think it should do too much damage to planes. (OKW fan here) Otherwise any allied doctrine with planes becomes obsolete.

It's already a nice free bonus to have a tier that can defend territory. I think it should do some damage but that if you want AA, you should have to pay for a dedicate separate unit.

Agreed that Katyushas+ recon is evil but that's just because Katyushas are evil.

I like these ideas:
However, why not allow the OKW player to buy upgrades for the truck? He could choose between a HP/Armor upgrade, an AP upgrade (worse anti inf, can now 1v1 medium tanks) or an incendiary ammo upgrade (worse anti tank, better anti inf, maybe slightly better anti air).
Though I propose that just for fluff, I don't think the T4 flak building needs real changes. It is in a dangerous spot where it theoretically allows a player to camp the enemy's cutoff if it is just a tiny bit too strong.
Or add a anti air mode in which the emplacement is better against air targets but can't target ground targets (switching takes some time, of course).
31 Jul 2014, 12:03 PM

It already creates a no go zone for most units and armor.

No need for it to create iron curtain above as well.

You want AA? Get AA vehicle, as all other factions. OKW flak halftruck seems THE best AA in game to me and its not like T4 truck does a bad job either.
31 Jul 2014, 12:44 PM

Not really sure what I agree with here, but half the time it does shoot down an air call in, that plane then lands on your army anyway.
31 Jul 2014, 12:58 PM
Patrion 14

Well probably none of you guys met the combo I met (katiushas + B4 + recon) and experiment on your skin B4 + katiushas air coordinated strikes on your advanced hq buildings and on your infantry near them. Sure, it is a nice tactical idea, but that leaves okw with no chance. Something must be done though, so then nerf katiusha. I was asking for the "lightest" way by at list not allowing enemy plane to coordinate such deadly strikes....

The problem is the Katyusha/B4, not the recon plane. It's not like you need LOS to fire effectively at a static truck.
31 Jul 2014, 15:32 PM

Have you even tried 2v2+? If more than 1 of these T4 flak guns are present on the field, it's nearly impossible to call in bombing runs without them being shot down in 2 secs.

In 1v1 it doesn't even matter. 2v2 or higher, it's just a waste of munitions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★