Login

russian armor

T34-76/85 needs a fuel cost increase

28 Jul 2014, 15:45 PM

T34/76 vs Pz4:
T34 has always had very solid anti-inf power, way better than Pz4;
now since it got a huge anti-tank buff, and they can penetrate Pz4 armor from any angle from the max range. So basically, T34/76 dominates Pz4 in both AI and AT role, while Pz4 cannot be used as a breakthrough (soviet t3 rush) tank anymore. Pz4 has a fuel cost of 125 while T34/76 is 100. In that case, for every 5 t34, there will only be 4 pz4. but their power is more or less the same.

From experiment, now T34/76 can penetrate Panther FRONT armor within mid-range. Panther has got thick armor as a Tiger, but they penetrate it from the front so easily. T34/76 has the speed of a panther to get close enough, or even flank it.

So conclusion is, since the Anti-tank buff of T34/76, they even scale up to Ostheer T4, this should cost more than 100 fuel. Now it is overperforming and kind of spammable.

On the other hand, T34/85 is more or less the same story.
For 10 more fuel than a Pz4, it has even better anti-inf power from its AOE.
And for tank battle, Pz4 won't stand up to its massive health pool

the super mobility and penetration of this thing makes it a tank destroyer. It is similar to panther from stats, it can penetrate tiger with ease, but only cost 135 fuel, teching not required, no building time, extremely spammable.

The T34 after the buff is overperforming for their costs.
28 Jul 2014, 15:51 PM

So many factual errors in one post, you really went all out didn't you.
28 Jul 2014, 16:07 PM

28 Jul 2014, 16:28 PM

As Cruzz says, your stats dont add up.

Its a very tenuous balance between PIV and T3476/85.

I tend to agree it overall slightly favors Sov, due to that AI being applied against 4man infantry units, and the essentially "free " Ram, but this is somewhat recpirocated by PIV sitting neatly between these to Sov equivalents, with a "best of both worlds" kind of stat array, in addition to the emminently useful Blitz and the quite common Smoke option on many of what really are the best Ost Commanders. Pintle also allows a "half-step" to cover some of PIVs AI shortcomings, as well as a secondary AA function.

Mark Vehicle on T34/85 Commanders is very powerful, but arguably quite necessary in response to Relics penchant of sticking Tigers on so many Ost Commanders. And, also, somewhat, against Elephants.

Furthermore, there is the peripheral assymetric balqnce issue of Shrek PGrens, for which there just isnt a Sov equivalent. That counts for a few pointa, even though they are quite rarely used.

Its a very complciated balqnce system between these armor units, but overall, I think its pretty good atm.
I get where you are coming from, even though some of your stats are wrong, but the interbalqnce is quite good atm, certainly better in regards to these units, than it has been before.
28 Jul 2014, 20:59 PM

I'd agree about the Panzer IV vs T-34/85, but your T-34/76 example is horseshit.
28 Jul 2014, 21:28 PM

It's all about RNG. The only difference between the T34 and Panzer IV is that the T34 is better against infantry but the Panzer IV is only slightly better at anti tank. The Panzer IV has a better chance of penetrating the T34 than the T34 has a chance of penetrating the Panzer IV, but let's put an emphasis on the word CHANCE because it's still rng dependent.

In a straight 1v1 better between a T34 and a Panzer IV the T34 can still win against a Panzer IV if RNG permits it even though the Panzer IV stands a better chance. I just wish that there is more of a difference between the two, like T34s gets even more price decrease, reduce it's AOE and damage or armor but they would be able to field more t34s per Panzer IV to compesate for it's lack of firepower. Numbers vrs Quality.
28 Jul 2014, 23:21 PM

No one uses the T-34-85 anymore lol

If you're crying about that then you must have not played long. Its doctrinal and you need to call in 2 at a time so you need 260 fuel. By that time your opponent already has two panzers and half the map.

Normal T-34 sucks. Ram destroys your main gun every time. Can't pen a tiger reliably unless in the rear, about 50% from the sides if perpendicular.
29 Jul 2014, 00:06 AM

u can use stugs to kill t85...
29 Jul 2014, 00:29 AM

29 Jul 2014, 00:51 AM

u can use stugs to kill t85...

And you can use SU-76 to kill Panzer IV's.
29 Jul 2014, 01:01 AM

T34/76 easily penetrates a Tiger/Panther?

I want some of what the OP's smoking.
29 Jul 2014, 03:41 AM

No one uses the T-34-85 anymore lol

If you're crying about that then you must have not played long. Its doctrinal and you need to call in 2 at a time so you need 260 fuel. By that time your opponent already has two panzers and half the map.

Normal T-34 sucks. Ram destroys your main gun every time. Can't pen a tiger reliably unless in the rear, about 50% from the sides if perpendicular.

Don't forget the 1 tank call in from advanced warfare.
Nobody is crying over anything.
For 130 fuel, no tech, it is not supposed to penetrate a panther or tiger even with rng.
Given the mobility, the gun range and turret rotation of the tiger, It's not too much of a threat for 85
29 Jul 2014, 04:26 AM

You didnt look at stats at all and complained about what you saw, not what is.

Its how you use a unit, and how you support it.

Come back once you know how units actually work.

T34/76 is a joke against other armor, and the t34/85 arrives with its counter already on the field, unless the enemy has no idea what he is doing.

I really REALLY hate when people exaggerate. "MASSIVE" health pool means it takes one more shot to kill than a t34/76, and at WORST, a panzer IV has a 0.625 chance of penetrating the t34/85 front. Stats, man.
29 Jul 2014, 04:44 AM
Donator 11

Well that escalated quickly. *Almost* as good as your "Relic: You guys are a bunch of stupid retards" thread.

Quality poster.
29 Jul 2014, 05:52 AM

It's all about RNG. The only difference between the T34 and Panzer IV is that the T34 is better against infantry but the Panzer IV is only slightly better at anti tank. The Panzer IV has a better chance of penetrating the T34 than the T34 has a chance of penetrating the Panzer IV, but let's put an emphasis on the word CHANCE because it's still rng dependent.

In a straight 1v1 better between a T34 and a Panzer IV the T34 can still win against a Panzer IV if RNG permits it even though the Panzer IV stands a better chance. I just wish that there is more of a difference between the two, like T34s gets even more price decrease, reduce it's AOE and damage or armor but they would be able to field more t34s per Panzer IV to compesate for it's lack of firepower. Numbers vrs Quality.

actually the ost panzer4 is still technically better against infantry, due to smaller scatter, faster reload, and the mg.

It's just that the allies infantry are bigger and can absorb more loses.
29 Jul 2014, 14:47 PM

You didnt look at stats at all and complained about what you saw, not what is.

Its how you use a unit, and how you support it.

Come back once you know how units actually work.

T34/76 is a joke against other armor, and the t34/85 arrives with its counter already on the field, unless the enemy has no idea what he is doing.

I really REALLY hate when people exaggerate. "MASSIVE" health pool means it takes one more shot to kill than a t34/76, and at WORST, a panzer IV has a 0.625 chance of penetrating the t34/85 front. Stats, man.

"T34/76 is a joke against other armor" lolz are you loco bro? To you sir as you so nicely put it yourself, "Come back once you know how units actually work"........

As for the OP, hmmmm ya T85s are extremely strong in a good players hands, but can be easily countered with 2 paks and a medium tank, just learn to use units in concert with one another man.
29 Jul 2014, 16:16 PM

"T34/76 is a joke against other armor" lolz are you loco bro? To you sir as you so nicely put it yourself, "Come back once you know how units actually work"........

As for the OP, hmmmm ya T85s are extremely strong in a good players hands, but can be easily countered with 2 paks and a medium tank, just learn to use units in concert with one another man.

lol Apparently I never complained about them unkillable or overpowered.

T34/76 is NOT a joke on my hands; Maybe on your hands you make it suck shit? but on me, No. I can kill a stug with a little micro, go toe to toe with a Panzer 4. Is it a joke? LOL

T34/85 is apparently a very good tank. But no one says it "one hit wipe" or elefant penetration; up to a point i think this little medium tank just have too much health and too much firepower with that fuel cost.
29 Jul 2014, 17:12 PM

lol Apparently I never complained about them unkillable or overpowered.

T34/76 is NOT a joke on my hands; Maybe on your hands you make it suck shit? but on me, No. I can kill a stug with a little micro, go toe to toe with a Panzer 4. Is it a joke? LOL

T34/85 is apparently a very good tank. But no one says it "one hit wipe" or elefant penetration; up to a point i think this little medium tank just have too much health and too much firepower with that fuel cost.

Ya um I think you got a little mixed up in your keyboard rage there dude..........

Have a read of my post again,look at who I have replied to, and look at what I have suggested to you, and this time try and understand the words before/if you reply....

Do us all a favor and keep your rage bottled up and out of the forums ty!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★