Login

russian armor

USF Base, why not rotate them in some maps?

27 Jul 2014, 21:41 PM

First let me begin my suggestion with a brief description of the USF Base, it's a round base with 4 buildings within, 3 weapon caches down the base and 2 MG nests at about 8 and 2 o'clock, and those settings never change!

In some maps, different base location changes the condition, in those maps which US spawn in south, like Langres south or semois southwest, Rifleman need to go a long way to get their weapons compared to when their base is in north or northwest when they retreat back to base. In Pro game, those few seconds really counts.
It's no major differences and I'm fully aware of that, but I hope this could be altered so that weapon cache always faces the exit of base region. No big work but really balance the map. Thx.
27 Jul 2014, 21:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I agree, it's a huge pain in the ass to be in the wrong spawn.
27 Jul 2014, 22:08 PM

Yeah, definitely is the kind of thing the map maker should have thought about. Weapons racks in the back of the base are annoying as hell.
27 Jul 2014, 22:39 PM

Yeah, definitely is the kind of thing the map maker should have thought about. Weapons racks in the back of the base are annoying as hell.

It's not the map maker, it's the way the game is coded. The map maker cannot change the orientation of the starting building.
27 Jul 2014, 22:53 PM

Yeah, I hate the USF base. It's so cluttered and units keep getting stuck.
27 Jul 2014, 23:08 PM

Everything has to go around it since its so big; its size and layout is more annoying than anything else.
28 Jul 2014, 01:09 AM

Yeah, it's neat looking, but when it comes down to it, it's cluttered and cramped. I'd rather a more open design with a bit more space to maneuver, larger entry ways too.
28 Jul 2014, 01:23 AM

I agree that this is an issue. Why not allow placement of the weapons rack at the beginning of the game, as a button above where the commander abilities are possibly?

Also, some of the MGs face in useless directions.

I think the map maker needs to be able to rotate the entire base or set parameters for its direction.
28 Jul 2014, 01:25 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I honestly don't know why the US base is such a clusterfuck. Why is it necessary for it to work the way it does? Why are those walls there? Why can't it just be simple and easy to navigate? Why all the opportunities for pathfinding to fuck up, for retreating units to end up far from ambulances, for weapon pickups to be inconvenient, and so on? Like other people have noted, it looks nice, but who gives a shit?
28 Jul 2014, 01:26 AM

they the perfect size of circle for the scavenger arty. annoying as hell to move armor around them.
28 Jul 2014, 01:44 AM

I'll join to the popular clamor to change the layout of the US base. It's really annoying to move units in there.
28 Jul 2014, 02:39 AM

It's probably the dumbest base design in a Relic game ever.

Oh, and just to add to the clusterfrakking, did you know that if you drop an AT gun in your base, you won't be able to get it out?

It really is an unfair base design, because rifles have nowhere to go if a vehicle raids the base.. All other factions you can play ring around the rosie until you get AT in position.

What nice touches. Honestly this is one of the reasons I don't like playing US much, the little annoyances of this faction really infuriate me.

28 Jul 2014, 02:41 AM

I honestly don't know why the US base is such a clusterfuck. Why is it necessary for it to work the way it does? Why are those walls there? Why can't it just be simple and easy to navigate? Why all the opportunities for pathfinding to fuck up, for retreating units to end up far from ambulances, for weapon pickups to be inconvenient, and so on? Like other people have noted, it looks nice, but who gives a shit?

Exactly. the pathing issues are reason enough.
28 Jul 2014, 03:01 AM

From 1 => 10, I vote:

- 8 points for OKW base ( Each building got a direct support to the owner: repair, heal, self defense )

- 6 points for both Ostheer and Russian ( They are all the same and don't really have any impact on the field expect for fast reinforcing maybe ? )

- 1 point for USF base: Not sure who came up with this base ideal.

Reason:
- Nobody need green cover at the base and inside it it's very hard to move around.

- Sometimes when retreat your man will stay outside but sometimes they will run inside ?

- Sometimes the Weapon rack will face behind the map so even after retreat to base, you have to move all the way around the base just to grab some guns.

- On the new village map in 1vs1, depend from the point you retreat your man will run to 2 points and you will have to always moving the medic halftrack if you attack your enemy from both side.

Seriously man this is the worst base design ever. Whoever come up with it should quit.
28 Jul 2014, 07:47 AM
Patrion 26

I totaly agree that it is a bad design. At least rotating the base so the weapon racks are on the fron shouldnt be to hard for a patch. But the most annoying this is the retreat path of units, in almost every game this hapens to me. Lets say 3 blobed riflemen retreat, i go to the base to reinforce them, and what happens, 2 are there and able to reinforce, but the third is just staying there with the retret icon over his head, sometimes the unit just stays there for 5-6 seconds, sometimes they just circle around the base buildings and stop randomly in the base somewhere
28 Jul 2014, 17:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think all the complaints could be fixed by making retreating units stop further away from the base, and letting rear echelon troops build the weapon racks in the base sector.

I mean why is the M1919 rack even there? Only one of six commanders can even use it.
28 Jul 2014, 17:31 PM

It's cool looking, but indeed not very handy .. :)
28 Jul 2014, 17:43 PM

I hate how the units in the base cant share exits. so if u need to take a north exit only 1 squads fits and other take the south and east exit...so annoying
28 Jul 2014, 18:21 PM

I'd like to see the BARs, Nades, and Zooks upgrades available on the unit panel (like all other unit upgrades), but only while the unit is in their base sector. I admit I like the idea of Riflemen not being able to "pop BARs" out of nowhere as that tactic could be exploited (more so than say, Volks "popping schreks" IMO). So I think they should have to be in their base sector to do it. It's just odd that this is the only faction that has to go "pick up" their upgrades.

Though it seems like a small thing, I wonder what effect this would have on balance as keeping track of retreated squads and managing their reinforcement, healing, and upgrades is not exactly a trivial task.
28 Jul 2014, 19:13 PM

The point at which a squad retreating animation ends should be as soon as they reach the HQ building. It's annoying where there's that one idiot model that lags behind or decides to take a stroll around the base before joining the rest of his squad.

As for the US base, the weapon racks should be placed as close to the entrance of your base as possible so that you don't lose precious time walking around your base to pick up weapons.

There also seems to be some weirdness with the US base reinforcement range. I've noticed instances where a squad would retreat back to the HQ where the reinforce button is clickable, but you're too far from the actual reinforce range causing you to queue reinforcement but models to not actually fill up. You think you're reinforcing but they're just sitting there idly until the next time you check and you have to manually walk them closer to the center of the base.

Anyone else notice this?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 31
Peru 21
unknown 20
United Kingdom 195
Germany 35
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias