Login

russian armor

Katyusha seriously need a nerf

• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
24 Jul 2014, 20:30 PM

here we go again, more 4v4 players claiming units are useless just because they can spam them in team games.
24 Jul 2014, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 20:25 PMArclyte
The shoe is on the other foot and jerry doesn't like it.

"just don't blob"

You came to this thread about five pages too late.

Your edgy quip was addressed quite some time ago... over, and over again. Bring new perspective to the table or try and engage the points that countered this long ago.

I'd prefer the latter.
24 Jul 2014, 20:40 PM

Lienz foest, as soon as you hear it firing you have to retreat all squads and weapon teams and even then it's a potential wipe.

I had an mg, and 2 rifle squads running after I got scanned as well as a Sherman repairing in the back. He got the Sherman the mg squad and most of both rifles by firing backwards.

A lot of the maps have narrow choke points that can't be easily avoided, plus many times the stuka bombs will insta kill setup teams that can't get out fast enough.

I don't see a Kat doing that

"I don't see a Kat doing that"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA*cough*cough, oh god, he's serious. Can someone upload a short video example of what Kat is doing?

MALECITE, ARCLYTE I'm calling you out. Post just one replay of you as OKW facing players of your ability who field a Katyusha. Oh and use a Walking Stuka at the same time. Do it or gtfo. I seriously doubt you will but let's see if you can.

If you don't, then take your avatar's advice and stop talking shit.
24 Jul 2014, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 20:30 PMwooof
here we go again, more 4v4 players claiming units are useless just because they can spam them in team games.

For real.

I've seen that Lenny streamer guy use the partisans doctrine and he won most of his matches. In fact, I only saw him lose 2 games with them and that was due to poor play. Tank destroyers spawning in a building next to a stuka = dead. In a 2v2 with mark target, that would be a somewhat viable strategy.

Once again, even if it is slightly overpowered, straight out nerfing it would make it a ghost once again. It's as deadly to blobs/buildings as stuka is to blobs/static support teams.
24 Jul 2014, 20:43 PM

There is no reasoning with anyone that believes stuka is fine but Kat is OP. It's ridiculous. Katyusha is now a competitive unit after a long time of uselessness.

I think insta-win arty units are noobish, so I'm fine with a katyusha nerf if the stuka gets what it deserves as well, but the people who think they're uniquely entitled to their ICBM stuka launcher to the exclusion of their enemy are full of shit.

Let's just ignore the fact that the katyusha takes more fuel to acquire than a stuka. Let's ignore the fact that it's a tier 4 vehicle vs a tier 2 stuka, a tier that was universally ignored as a waste of fuel.

"it's fine man, just don't blob"
24 Jul 2014, 20:44 PM

No she needs no nerf
24 Jul 2014, 20:50 PM

I have never seen a Kat damage armor however and I have had 3 of them firing on a tank.

Last game 2 OKW vs Soviet and USF.
My mate has 2 P4 Ausf. J. and I have a Puma.
All 3 Vehicles were preparing to push the front when suddenly the Katjusha attacked.

Puma was down in 2 Shots, one P4 in 4 shots and the other in 5.
So we lost 250 fuel to one barrage.

Sure the Stuka has powerful rockets.
But it has 6 of them, not 30.
24 Jul 2014, 20:51 PM

Good week to be out on travel eh?
24 Jul 2014, 20:52 PM

Last game 2 OKW vs Soviet and USF.
My mate has 2 P4 Ausf. J. and I have a Puma.
All 3 Vehicles were preparing to push the front when suddenly the Katjusha attacked.

Puma was down in 2 Shots, one P4 in 4 shots and the other in 5.
So we lost 250 fuel to one barrage.

Sure the Stuka has powerful rockets.
But it has 6 of them, not 30.

lolno, katyusha rockets have 50 pen
24 Jul 2014, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 20:43 PMArclyte

Let's just ignore the fact that the katyusha takes more fuel to acquire than a stuka. Let's ignore the fact that it's a tier 4 vehicle vs a tier 2 stuka, a tier that was universally ignored as a waste of fuel.

"it's fine man, just don't blob"

I'm assuming you're talking about T4 soviets. I think the Kat should stay as put because it brings units that are never used back into the game.
24 Jul 2014, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 20:52 PMArclyte

lolno, katyusha rockets have 50 pen

It MIGHT BE that it's because they hit the sides (though with skirts) or the top.
Nevertheless all 3 vehicles were destroyed.
24 Jul 2014, 21:03 PM

It MIGHT BE that it's because they hit the sides (though with skirts) or the top.
Nevertheless all 3 vehicles were destroyed.

Yea I would love to see that happen as I haven't been able to reliably even damage armor with them...

I have however lost tanks and light armor to stuka, not sure if it's the pen or the splash that's doing the damage.
24 Jul 2014, 21:06 PM

Everyone who think Kat are not over powered are probably very bad at this game.

Stuka:

The cost of a Stuka is equal to 151 fuel vs 85 for the Kat (OKW have 66% fuel income)
Have less range
Way bigger cooldown
It's also easier to avoid the Stuka strike compared to the Kat

---

Now when im talking of a nerf it dosnt mean to be damage. They can just boost the price and food usage. I wouldnt give a fuck if the new Kat would cost a lot more but currently you can lose a Kat and just say "oh too bad, im gonna make another one".

I play both faction equally, im not going to play Axis until they fix this shit.

Go play a 4v4 for the fun of it and rush the Kat's, youll notice its doable to win just buy doing this. In a game i had like 8 running around the map just shootings rockets and destroying everything even heavy tanks.
24 Jul 2014, 21:08 PM

Kat needs no nerf.

Stuka needs no nerf.

Whermacht unit needs a buff.
24 Jul 2014, 21:09 PM

nerf all arty into the ground

let's fight like men
24 Jul 2014, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 21:09 PMArclyte
nerf all arty into the ground

let's fight like men

They already did that.

How many static Whermacht or Russian Arty did you see in the last few patches?
24 Jul 2014, 21:12 PM

Lets just keep the Kat where it is. Increase it to 100 fuel. Reduce the Walking Stukas cool down to match. Then give the Walking Stuka Vet 1 Precision strike and see how that pans out?

No? I thought not....
24 Jul 2014, 21:13 PM

Too deadly vs OKW trucks,fires too many rockets that do too much individual dmg,extremely cheap and small cooldown.Main advantages.Some of these need fixing.

Stuka issues - Rockets on retreat path,demolishes buildings in 1 hit,rockets do heavy dmg.But very high price and very long cooldown.Right now both wiping squads with volleys,except katyusha can fire multiple ones .
24 Jul 2014, 21:15 PM

Lets just keep the Kat where it is. Increase it to 100 fuel. Reduce the Walking Stukas cool down to match. Then give the Walking Stuka Vet 1 Precision strike and see how that pans out?

No? I thought not....

I just veto or quit ettelbruck station and that lienz crossing or whatever map in 4 vs 4 these..just giant ugly arty battles.Stuka vs katyusha with katyusha usually winning because it wipes out the trucks and easy to spam.
24 Jul 2014, 21:19 PM

No? I thought not....

ahh i like the sound of this.
@ everyone who thinks partyzans are useless in 4v4. maybe it is not the partisans that are useless?

o yea and germans suffer a fuck of alot more wen they get squad whiped than the allies.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS