Login

russian armor

Katyusha seriously need a nerf

• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
24 Jul 2014, 12:43 PM
Patrion 14

Why is this a problem? If all rockets are going to hit, the flak HT was placed on the front line and it should be an easy prey for arty. At anything other than point blank range, there is no way a katyasha is going to take out a flakHT in one attack. Just because a building has a cannon on top of it doesn't make it a front line tank.

but this also means as long as you have a katusha and you bought ~20 seconds for your katusha to do a 'fairly close ranged' barrage, it guarantees the destruction of a base building and time until the new truck comes, sometimes. i think that is too much.

but i also love katusha rockets doing actual damages to tanks when they penetrate enemy armors albeit rarely.

maybe katusha should do 50% damage to buildings? i use katushas a lot even before the recent patch and i thought they were serviceable. now, they kill ambient buildings and okw base structures like there's no tomorrow.

EDIT: can walking stuka not one shot building please?
24 Jul 2014, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 12:15 PMArclyte

LOL, I must be some kind of prophet.

They are bashing you because you don't have 1000 post in the forum, but it's really true that you foresaw what will happen with katyusha and right now it's hilarious to see how opinions have changed so much in only 48 hours.

24 Jul 2014, 12:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

there i fixed it is everyone happy. -_- it is offtopic banter that has nothing to do with this thread please stop if you can't discuss this matter civilly then please take a break until you are able to do so. insulting someones character isn't how you win an argument about anything.
24 Jul 2014, 12:52 PM

I dont even understand why they doubled the damage of it. 80 to 160? seriously? I wouldve increased it to 100.

That is Relics main problem imo.
They haven't been able to do a good balancing since ever.
Either they do nothing at all or they double or triple the damage and release the patch without testing in hope it might be better.
24 Jul 2014, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 12:14 PMofield

A panzerwerfer Rocket and a Katyusha rocket do exact the same damage and have the same AoE Profile. You really wanna say that PW is luck and Kat sure squad wipe with the 1st salvo?

Get real.

Sure the Kat is overperforming, ... but the PW is better than you are trying to tell us. It's just placed in a shitty tier :P

Where do you get your numbers from that you say that Katyusha and Panzerwerfer do same damage and AoE?

And I didn't say it does a sure squad wipe, but it seems to do it quite reliably now. A lot more reliable than the other artillery pieces anyway.
24 Jul 2014, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 12:52 PMgokkel

Where do you get your numbers from that you say that Katyusha and Panzerwerfer do same damage and AoE?

http://www.coh2-stats.com/explosive_weapons/katyusha_bm_13_16_rocket_mp
http://www.coh2-stats.com/explosive_weapons/panzerwerfer_rockets_mp
24 Jul 2014, 13:13 PM

Anyone who even suggests that the kat is not over preforming is simply crazy..... Relic one again did a fantastic job buffing units so that they can be abused.

Also no surprise that Katitof has said it isnt OP, lolz what a guy!
24 Jul 2014, 13:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

- Overall damage output: 16 rockets at 160 damage are 2560 damage. That's sufficient to instakill all Oberkommando trucks. A single Katyusha, a single barrage. It needs 13 rockets to hit.

maybe the problem is that okw buildings aren't durable enough? it seems alot of things can kill the buildings rather quickly or 1 shot them making building them forward very very risky almost pointless imo. Though even with doing that I still think you'd have to nerf the katty. Even then because of the amount of upscalling you'd probably have to have on everything.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 12:15 PMArclyte
LOL, I must be some kind of prophet.

side effects include:
24 Jul 2014, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 12:59 PMChegwin

http://www.coh2-stats.com/explosive_weapons/katyusha_bm_13_16_rocket_mp
http://www.coh2-stats.com/explosive_weapons/panzerwerfer_rockets_mp

You sure those are the correct ones? There are like 4 different weapons mentioned for both Katyusha and Panzerwerfer, and since I assume Panzerwerfer shoots with Counterbarrage the same rockets as with the normal barrage and COunterbarrage only does 80 damage, I assume they actually use one of those weapons that do only 80 damage for normal barrage as well.
24 Jul 2014, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 13:46 PMgokkel

You sure those are the correct ones? There are like 4 different weapons mentioned for both Katyusha and Panzerwerfer, and since I assume Panzerwerfer shoots with Counterbarrage the same rockets as with the normal barrage and COunterbarrage only does 80 damage, I assume they actually use one of those weapons that do only 80 damage for normal barrage as well.

You assume wrong.
24 Jul 2014, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 13:46 PMgokkel

Some twisted logic you got there, if it says counter barrage rockets obviously its used during counter barrage ability. As for other two entries one has 0.0 for damage and one 240 for range. So that narrows it down aint it?

Remember when they nerfed soviet 80mm mortar precision strike? It was using 120mm for precision strike. So i guess units have different damage while using abilities.
24 Jul 2014, 14:55 PM

The Katyusha is overperforming, and I'm mainly a Soviet player. I played a game yesterday where I spotted a LONE sturmpioneer squad trying to cap a point. As soon as I hit the barrage button he retreated but that squad got caught by a stray rocket and it was a total wipe. Nothing much he could've done differently to prevent that.

If it was a blob, I wouldn't feel as bad since I think massive blobbers need to be severely punished.

With that said, it shouldn't be nerfed to the ground to the state before the patch. Decreasing the effective range would mean it's a high risk, high reward unit since it'll be much more exposed. Rush it with a single pioneer squad and it won't be able to escape (the truck's rotation and speed is nothing to brag about). Also I don't think this needs 160 damage since your primary target is the blob of infantry and that is largely overkill. Reduce dmg to 120 or even back to 80 and we should have a more balanced unit.

AOE needs to stay though so it can actually hit stuff since the scatter is so huge.

If OKW player decides to set up their medic base so far forward and out in the open without any shot blocker, then artillery is pretty much the logical hard counter.
24 Jul 2014, 14:56 PM

Guys seriously these weapons are anti blobbing tools, they are meant to be effective against blobs. With the release of WFA blobbing is so prevalent now (and effective) there needs to be ways to combat it. They are also high risk units that are incredibly fragile and pretty expensive (both walking stuka and Katy ((if you consider tech costs)).

Just try and maneuver your units around more and come from different angels. I had to do learn this as allies with the walking stuka, now I'll have to learn it as axis vs their katys.

My first game using katy I got 52 kills, vet 3, it was beautiful sight. I would post if it wasnt broken.
24 Jul 2014, 15:29 PM

Just tried out the Stuka, Panzerwerfer and Katyusha for several barrages on the Training Grounds against still standing enemy squads. This testing situation is of course though not ideal, because you would ideally test against actual blobs or static setup weapons.

Anyway, in this scenario you guys are definitely right, the Panzerwerfer does better than I had remembered it. Either they did something to it since the last time I used it or I just had bad luck. It still suffers from expensive and weak Tier4 of course, and the Counterbarrage is even more useless than I thought if their missiles really don't do the same damage, but otherwise it seems quite good, it kills several models, however there is always at least one guy surviving.

The Katyusha still got by far the most squad kills though. Since it also has the lowest cooldown and a better ability than Panzerwerfer on Vet1, it still is clearly better.

Stuka seems a lot worse to me now, since first it has a massive cooldown, it costs a lot more for OKW and it several times killed only few models even against still standing infantry when you know you perfectly aimed the missiles already. Sometimes it still kills full squads, when one rocket lands directly on very clumped up squads.

So I apologise to everyone who I didn't believe that said Panzerwerfer is not as bad. Still, Katyusha outperforms now against the other artillery pieces, even though it should be the Stuka being the clear winner here because of cost and cooldown.
24 Jul 2014, 15:41 PM
Donator 11

A walking stuka is easy to avoid since it does a creeping barrage and the landing of the barrage isn't very RNG but Katyusha has scatter + AOE + Damage. I saw a vet 5 folks squad of mine get insta gibbed by a katyusha barrage and it barely escaped death.

This. I am a primarily axis player, but I refuse to play axis till they nerf katyushas. I think I was in the opposite side when serious played, my partner made 3 katyushas and that ungodly death machine sat in the back and destroyed their bases barrage after barrage. I lost count of how many units it killed. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't katyushas have more range than stuka?

Stuka loss is devastating and katyusha loss is not punishing at all. Just make one more.

What were they thinking giving it a 3x buff.

Also OKW in essence is supposed to have better units. What's next is-2 as good as king tiger?
24 Jul 2014, 15:54 PM

Permanently Banned

Don't forget about the owning factions' features.

Soviets: no fuel limitation, low penalty for losing entire units.
OKW: fuel penalty (66% income) high penalty for losing entire units.

Having this in mind yes, I CAN call katiusha OP and wurframen not.

Further, a more adequate comparison should be made with a similar faction's tool, not with an OKW tool, OKW being a faction build and based on OP units (because of its limitations). So let's compare it with the Panzerwerfer, wouldn't be more fair? The result of the comparison will show you what unit is OP and which is actualy UP.

Having this in my, I can call german troops stronger than sovjets. If both player have same skill level, german wins.
24 Jul 2014, 16:06 PM

Having this in my, I can call german troops stronger than sovjets. If both player have same skill level, german wins.

bias.
24 Jul 2014, 16:29 PM

Wtf is Frikadelle still doing here.

Whos privates has he kissed?
24 Jul 2014, 16:31 PM

no you are wrong. maxim spam to katties is fucking bullshit. you dont even need to pay attention to the game. maxim, maxim, maxim, zis, maxim, zis, maxim, kat, su-85, kat, su85, kat. or replace su with whatever call-in you are using. this is total bs. meanwhile at okw base, or wait, it doesn't exist the kat destroyed that entire side of the map.

anyone who thinks that this is not a simulation game at this point is wrong. germans are under constant arty fire, even in the ost base, scrambling around trying to organize an offensive, but, oh no, kat just whiped the entire infantry battalion in one barrage. HOLY FUCK here comes the IS-2 or t34 swarm to clean up driving over the hundreds of dead german infantry from the kat barrages. sounds like the eastern front to me.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS