Login

russian armor

July 22 Patch Notes

PAGES (8)down
23 Jul 2014, 10:26 AM

Which of this does mean units won't stuck in the ground anymore?
23 Jul 2014, 10:30 AM

OKW has too much ammo now for the Core Design of this Army

The OKW is so designed poor in ammo and we must accept this, cause in 1944 the Germans had not much of it

I like your logic.
Priceless :D
23 Jul 2014, 10:33 AM

Surely there will be soon another patch removing unintended changes. It is hard to believe that especially the OKW Flak halftrack nerfs are intended...
23 Jul 2014, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 10:33 AMgokkel
Surely there will be soon another patch removing unintended changes. It is hard to believe that especially the OKW Flak halftrack nerfs are intended...

Not a nerf, a veterancy fix.

The setup time changes at vet 2 didn't used to do anything, AKAIK.

Now it's working as intended, we can consider balancing it better, mind.
23 Jul 2014, 10:44 AM

What is the DPS of the officer's squad itself? Would be interesting to know after how many nearby squads the officer is increasing overall DPS, compared just getting another Panzerfusilier squad.

It's called "Terror officer" in the game files

As for the OKW munitions changes - it's about 50% more fuel from the conversion. Which, depending on your munitions/fuel income ratio from the sectors, shouldn't be more than around 10% (when you have more munitions sectors than fuel ones) more fuel when compared to the "old" OKW's munitions income
23 Jul 2014, 11:02 AM

Not a nerf, a veterancy fix.

The setup time changes at vet 2 didn't used to do anything, AKAIK.

Now it's working as intended, we can consider balancing it better, mind.

I am talking about the setup time before veterancy 2 and fuel cost increase, those are clear nerfs.
23 Jul 2014, 11:22 AM

OKW has too much ammo now for the Core Design of this Army

The OKW is so designed poor in ammo and we must accept this, cause in 1944 the Germans had not much of it

They had plenty of equipment, but they lacked fuel. So this change makes sense.
23 Jul 2014, 11:28 AM

As for the OKW munitions changes - it's about 50% more fuel from the conversion. Which, depending on your munitions/fuel income ratio from the sectors, shouldn't be more than around 10% (when you have more munitions sectors than fuel ones) more fuel when compared to the "old" OKW's munitions income

aye it is exactly 50%
since fuel gain is ammo/8 and u used to only get 2/3 ammo ([1/8]/[1/12]= 1.5)

still. even getting a conversion ratio of 1/8 is far from negating the decreased fuel income. even if you hold both ammo points and no fuel points at all ( the ammo of both munition points combined converts to 2.75 fuel...)

but yeah its a major buff though and imo its great :D
23 Jul 2014, 12:01 PM

It's called "Terror officer" in the game files

Thank you! I didn't know there was now also a DPS graph for whole squads, been away for a long time. Great work on the site, Tensai!

So basically the officer's squad deals slightly more damage in close range and comparable damage to a Panzerfusilier squad on mid-long ranges. So it is probably always a good idea to get one.

With infantry armor gone, can I see the received accuracy modifiers somewhere on the site? I couldn't find it but it'd be very neat to evaluate infantry survivability.

23 Jul 2014, 12:04 PM

No love for Ostheer?

Panthers? Shit. Check.

Panzergrenadier? Shit. Check.

Elefant? Shit. Check.

Pak43? Shit. Check.

Katjusha gets a buff, Panzerwerfer doesnt.

It is like they want you to use Grens, Paks, Tigers only. Every patch that doesnt fix that, is insufficient. Not saying I dont like some of these changes, but to totally ignore the weakest faction in the game, with so many useless units...

23 Jul 2014, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 12:10 PMKatitof
Ever considered the possbility that if something wasn't changed, it doesn't need changing?
That´s why you never see Ostheer building a PG or Panther in 1v1 and 2v2. It´s just getting frustrating.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 12:10 PMKatitof
Or have you become lolcake apprentice?
Just because I don´t share your opinion? Nice try.
23 Jul 2014, 12:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge

No love for Ostheer?

Panthers? Shit. Check.

Panzergrenadier? Shit. Check.

Elefant? Shit. Check.

Pak43? Shit. Check.

Katjusha gets a buff, Panzerwerfer doesnt.

It is like they want you to use Grens, Paks, Tigers only. Every patch that doesnt fix that, is insufficient. Not saying I dont like some of these changes, but to totally ignore the weakest faction in the game, with so many useless units...

honestly i don't think pgrens are shit but even with all those things i would argue they are the strongest faction in 1v1 and 2v2. even though right now they are alot less deverse than they should be.
23 Jul 2014, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 06:45 AMwooof

math will save you some effort next time.

Meh, I farmed war spoils at the same time. No loss really. :D

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 06:45 AMwooof

reload on the support gun is 6.5-7.1 seconds. multiply that by .87 and youll only save .85-.92 seconds per shot. the fact is, the old modifier of .4 was making weapon teams fire more than twice as fast. that was clearly not balanced for things like AT guns and mortars, but doesnt make a huge difference on small arms (which i believe is what relic intended these officers to be used for).

the officer is still useful. it gives small arms a 10% accuracy bonus, which means all your infantry will do 10% more dps, but doesnt help mortars/support gun much.

I still think the change is bull. The officer can't gain vet, has a major drawback when used with infantry, encourages blobbing, has an ability that makes the enemy fight better. The positive is that with the muni change one can now actually use his abilities if they want.

I don't see why we cant have him boost the rate of fire of support weapons. It was something that actually made a small arty/at battery effective.

I think overall you are going to be better with a second squad of combat infantry as opposed to using the officer. Blobbing is on its way out vs American/Sov (still works vs OKW) and you are better off having your units spread out a bit (as it should be).
23 Jul 2014, 14:21 PM

OKW Flak HT setup time: from 2 to 3. Goes back to 2 at vet2.

Lol yeah, exactly what it needed. And more expensive. *Clap clap clap.
23 Jul 2014, 14:43 PM

OKW Flak HT setup time: from 2 to 3. Goes back to 2 at vet2.

Lol yeah, exactly what it needed. And more expensive. *Clap clap clap.

I just tried it in a 1v1, and it still sucks, meanwhile, the AA HT range nerf didn't help at all that thing can still drive in and wreck and get out just fine. They really need to hit it with a set-up time or something.
23 Jul 2014, 14:46 PM

I just tried it in a 1v1, and it still sucks, meanwhile, the AA HT range nerf didn't help at all that thing can still drive in and wreck and get out just fine. They really need to hit it with a set-up time or something.

Except now Puma can effortlessly kill it at range.
23 Jul 2014, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 14:46 PMKatitof

Except now Puma can effortlessly kill it at range.

Amen.
23 Jul 2014, 15:04 PM

OKW get 100% Munitions income!?

You mean... you mean... I can use grenades again!?

IT'S HAPPENING.

Also I'll be able to make more STG44 Vampirs instead of 'Maybe just one, I kinda need that for Shrecks...'.

I'll be able to build MINES perhaps! I remember those! I mean, I won't be able to go nuts like when I play Soviets, just laying them down in increasingly complex and intricate patterns across the map, criss-crossing every possible surface area, but still, I'll be able to maybe mine a few key locations!

I might even get to try out booby-trapping points! And smoke grenades! And, and and... I think I need to go sit down for a bit.
23 Jul 2014, 16:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 15:04 PMMadeMan
OKW get 100% Munitions income!?

You mean... you mean... I can use grenades again!?

IT'S HAPPENING.

Also I'll be able to make more STG44 Vampirs instead of 'Maybe just one, I kinda need that for Shrecks...'.

I'll be able to build MINES perhaps! I remember those! I mean, I won't be able to go nuts like when I play Soviets, just laying them down in increasingly complex and intricate patterns across the map, criss-crossing every possible surface area, but still, I'll be able to maybe mine a few key locations!

I might even get to try out booby-trapping points! And smoke grenades! And, and and... I think I need to go sit down for a bit.

lol +1 (^_^)
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight