Login

russian armor

Yet Another Commander and Bulletin thread

19 Jul 2014, 11:49 AM

since this forum is all about complaining about the war spoil and commander system recently, i make yet another post about that stuff:

what wins you games? i tell you: mind, strategy and tactics. the commanders are neither pay2win nor an i-win button. i play this ghame since beta and tackled a lot of stuff (e.g. the pio-terminator phase), however ive NEVER seen ANY commander i couldnt beat with some thinking. i see elite troops: i get some more at guns. i see the opel blitz tiger doc: i get some AA trucks... i see someone goes ISU doc: i build anti inf stuff and tech to elefant or panther

the bulletins barely make any difference. why is everyone so keen on them? the only thing they to do to me is telling me what my opponent will build. and the commanders...jesus christ this game isnt about grinding. what will you do with your extra commanders? as much as i m informed there is no commander with the "get 10 000 Muni and Fuel" ability which could win for you. I m using the same set of commanders which the game came out with and they offer enough to complement my tactics.

the forum reactions however show me how superficial people are. complaining that you have to gind...i mean wtf... nobody forces you to grind... try to get more used to the core mechanics and improve your macro and build orders.
19 Jul 2014, 12:31 PM

Someone cares about bulletins?

19 Jul 2014, 12:53 PM

the bulletins barely make any difference. why is everyone so keen on them? the only thing they to do to me is telling me what my opponent will build. and the commanders...jesus christ this game isnt about grinding. what will you do with your extra commanders? as much as i m informed there is no commander with the "get 10 000 Muni and Fuel" ability which could win for you. I m using the same set of commanders which the game came out with and they offer enough to complement my tactics.

Baloney. Commander can have a very hefty impact on the game. thats why you see some other commanders not being played and some extensively. the ost and soviets have some particular bad commanders and some commanders like mechinzed dcotrine can completely change the game. The us and okw commanders have less impact that is true but they still have impact. Currently my favourite doctrine vs the AM is scavenger doctrine as provides ample amount of AI power. and that ostiwn has won be quite a few games already

19 Jul 2014, 12:54 PM

Donnie speaks truth. Free shits free. No matter what, people will always complain. See how Donnie tries to stop the complaining, by complaining.
19 Jul 2014, 13:26 PM

what i do is informing, noit complaining.

ofc commanders have impact on game, but what i was trying to say is that the 5 commanders you get at start usually are enough for almost every situation
19 Jul 2014, 13:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

what wins you games? i tell you: mind, strategy and tactics

What about the will of the RNG gods?

As you say, the 5 starter commander are USUALLY enough but that not means that there are other commanders which are plain better for certain scenarios. Other are just plain better.
Does a commander gives you a free win, no, but it gives you an edge, an edge which at certain level can mean the difference between a win or a lose.

People are grinding because they want the new commanders to play with. No one cares about bulletins, they just want to play with something else that the 3 starter WFA commanders (before they nerf them :P). Eventhough, with bulletins, wouldn´t you play (if it still exist) with 10% supression? What about stacking 3 +3% accuracy having 9,27 extra dps on basic infantry? Or getting vet on certain vehicles 33.1% faster? 12,5% extra pen on AT guns? Why mostly everyone run with 3 basic infantry bulletins? To either not reveal their strat and because that´s a little advantage they get on the early game. It can be the difference between finishing off a squad on retreat or letting it live with a line of health.
19 Jul 2014, 14:33 PM

since this forum is all about complaining about the war spoil and commander system recently, i make yet another post about that stuff:

Hmmm. Most of the lower players i encountered tend to overlook their own lack of ability and like to blame something else first for their loss. These kind of people don't know how, can't or want to improve their skill. We can agree on that.

But now let me spread some toxic:

what wins you games? i tell you: mind, strategy and tactics. the commanders are neither pay2win nor an i-win button. i play this ghame since beta and tackled a lot of stuff (e.g. the pio-terminator phase), however ive NEVER seen ANY commander i couldnt beat with some thinking.
That's not true. With equal players, the Tiger ace -in its former glory- will always give you an edge. Sure it's beatable if your opponent is much worse than you. But no amount of thinking will prevail against a competent player.

the bulletins barely make any difference. why is everyone so keen on them?

The only bulletin that mattered was the broken 10% suppression on the MG42. And it mattered a lot.

the forum reactions however show me how superficial people are. complaining that you have to gind...i mean wtf... nobody forces you to grind... try to get more used to the core mechanics and improve your macro and build orders.

Or you can drive a WC51 with rifles and kill/force every OKW unit off the field in the first minutes, and one-shot basebuildings with the 155mm artillery later on (pre-patch). Or you can get vet2 rifles without any additional cost. If you got the commander, of course.

The bottom line is: Some things give you an unfair (dis-)advantage. The necessity to have better "core mechanics" and macro than the opponent is exactly that.

19 Jul 2014, 15:01 PM

what i do is informing, noit complaining.

ofc commanders have impact on game, but what i was trying to say is that the 5 commanders you get at start usually are enough for almost every situation

You're complaining about people complaining.

I don't think people are saying "I want commanders 'cos I want a huge advantage" as you're claiming. I think they want variety. Some new fun stuff to try out so they don't get bored with the same commander and strats.

Some commanders allow you to play a totally different way. That's fun. The complaints about access to new content are legitimate.

Why should anyone give a damn that you dislike their complaining? They're speaking to Relic, not you. Your complaint is irrelevant. Take your own advice and shut up.
19 Jul 2014, 15:05 PM

Dont underestimate the power of the 10% quicker cooldown on jagdtiger callin bulletin... Spamming that unit with this bulletin is so annoying.

/sarcasm off

now on the more serious note, try using mg42 bulletins, especially 10% quicker vet rate and the difference is really visible imo
20 Jul 2014, 01:10 AM

I hate it when people play mind games - by having three of the same commander in their loadout, and bulletins for units they can't actually build (especially the really useful ones such as 'sturm officer has 5% less suppression').

That causes a big drop in my morale and I tend to surrender. So clearly the system is working as intended.
20 Jul 2014, 03:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I hate it when people play mind games - by having three of the same commander in their loadout, and bulletins for units they can't actually build (especially the really useful ones such as 'sturm officer has 5% less suppression').

That causes a big drop in my morale and I tend to surrender. So clearly the system is working as intended.

It works against soviets, maybe a bit with OKW but not as much with other factions.

How you open as soviet is key and you might read it through bulletins and commander selection. If he has a maxim/mortar/zis i generally less worried about a T1 opening which changes capping order or aproach.

Eventhough, it mostly superfluous. I have done the same on previous patches (before the whole revamp on the loadout system) by running no commanders, just 1 commander or German radio intercept. Just for the lulz.
20 Jul 2014, 08:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Someone cares about bulletins?

Hi
20 Jul 2014, 09:24 AM

Interesting thread.
20 Jul 2014, 09:55 AM

It works against soviets, maybe a bit with OKW but not as much with other factions.

How you open as soviet is key and you might read it through bulletins and commander selection. If he has a maxim/mortar/zis i generally less worried about a T1 opening which changes capping order or aproach.

Eventhough, it mostly superfluous. I have done the same on previous patches (before the whole revamp on the loadout system) by running no commanders, just 1 commander or German radio intercept. Just for the lulz.

You dont have to look at thoose to find out which opening he is going ... It's visible thru fog of war what he is building. Just look at the shape of the "mud". Long and slim > ZiS, Maxim, boxy > clown car/penals.
20 Jul 2014, 14:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2014, 09:55 AMGacul

You dont have to look at thoose to find out which opening he is going ... It's visible thru fog of war what he is building. Just look at the shape of the "mud". Long and slim > ZiS, Maxim, boxy > clown car/penals.

I forgot this was included recently (i think) :P and i think it´s lame.
20 Jul 2014, 15:10 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Hmmm. Most of the lower players i encountered tend to overlook their own lack of ability and like to blame something else first for their loss. These kind of people don't know how, can't or want to improve their skill. We can agree on that.

Agreed

But now let me spread some toxic:

That's not true. With equal players, the Tiger ace -in its former glory- will always give you an edge. Sure it's beatable if your opponent is much worse than you. But no amount of thinking will prevail against a competent player.

In its former glory is key here, I think.....rather like Windustry in its former glory

The only bulletin that mattered was the broken 10% suppression on the MG42. And it mattered a lot.

but what about Burn Baby Burn? Those Olympian throws are something else (IMO)

Or you can drive a WC51 with rifles and kill/force every OKW unit off the field in the first minutes, and one-shot basebuildings with the 155mm artillery later on (pre-patch). Or you can get vet2 rifles without any additional cost. If you got the commander, of course.

Yeah.....but that's stretching it a bit, isn't it?

The bottom line is: Some things give you an unfair (dis-)advantage. The necessity to have better "core mechanics" and macro than the opponent is exactly that.

I would tend to agree, but if you want to stop heroic SU throwing of grenades (various), you have to find something to substitute for that. Hero M3s? :P

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★