Login

russian armor

Maxims vs the OKW

PAGES (9)down
19 Jul 2014, 19:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 17:18 PMJaigen

Nonsense. You talk as if the IG18 will hit with every shot that is just bullocks. just like the mortar the support gun is useful in displacing and weakening mg's and enemy mortars but do not expect it to kill a well microed mg.

automatic weapons greatly benefit from vehicle size allowing all their shots to hit so no idea where that comes from.

And FSJ are doctrine dependant and its utter bullocks to even suggest as a counter and second not every map has building. also its a one time affair. now stop posting your just embarrassing yourself.

Well ISG hits 99% of the time and if you have a Sturm officer nearby it will never stop shooting. It will shoot as fast as a zis shoots its barrages.
19 Jul 2014, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 19:46 PMFrencho

I wonder how you are a platinum player if you can't even beat maxim spam...

It's pure QQ and whining. We give you whiners some ideas to try out and you categorically deny them, as if you don't want a solution and enjoy complaining in the forums.

This thread is going nowhere.

as others have said, the OKW support gun comes out a little too late for it to make too much of a difference. i dont deny its usefulness, its really strong and i get one every game. but by the time i get one out ive ceded most of the map because my infantry cant maneuver around 4+ maxims. this is especially bad in kholodny ferma.
infantry flanks arent reliable because you wont know if the enemy has another maxim backing the first. if you try to flank and there is a maxim, then youre forced to retreat and cede more territory.
19 Jul 2014, 20:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 19:41 PMJaigen

Being a former platinum (which is hardly the elite league ) SC2 player i laugh if you call that micro. also that very tiny nerf didnt do anything for flanking

Platinum need only A move, micro is only required when you are in Master league.

Even Diamond, you just need to remember a BO, execute it perfectly, A move and you can win.
19 Jul 2014, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 19:41 PMJaigen

Being a former platinum (which is hardly the elite league ) SC2 player i laugh if you call that micro. also that very tiny nerf didnt do anything for flanking

"I was great go-kart driver, therefore I know how to fly planes" <444>_<444>
19 Jul 2014, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 20:07 PMPorygon

Platinum need only A move, micro is only required when you are in Master league.

Even Diamond, you just need to remember a BO, execute it perfectly, A move and you can win.

Back then their was no master or grandmaster league only reached to diamond. however even gold level SC2 required more micro then coh 2
19 Jul 2014, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 15:44 PMFrencho

Ever heard of the Kubelwagon? It's beastly if properly microed and the maxim does less dmg to it than conscripts.

... Now I can't take you serious anymore.
19 Jul 2014, 23:10 PM

I have a video related to the subject, will try to have it up today and report back.

20 Jul 2014, 01:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 20:27 PMJaigen

Back then their was no master or grandmaster league only reached to diamond. however even gold level SC2 required more micro then coh 2

no one cares, starcraft is shit
20 Jul 2014, 02:43 AM

@Arclyte
Can you link your player card to your account? I see you around the forums recently, constantly badgering the German factions, and I want to see how much play experience you really have. I find it hard to take people seriously who don't even bother to attach a player card and have a really low post count.
20 Jul 2014, 02:55 AM

there, most played as ostheer, but it's obviously not tracking all the games I've played for any nation

I also discovered theres a place in the world called the sandwich islands
20 Jul 2014, 04:09 AM

Video should be uploaded soon. In the meantime, here's a game I just played.

Greatshowcase of capping around your opponents defensive positions, utilizing the flak halftrack properly (well not the first one I built...) and using a puma to scout t3 and force him to recall his units to his base.
20 Jul 2014, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2014, 02:55 AMArclyte
there, most played as ostheer, but it's obviously not tracking all the games I've played for any nation

I also discovered theres a place in the world called the sandwich islands

Thanks, I am surprised you have played mainly as Axis, since you seem very pro-Allies on the forums.

I haven't played a lot of 1v1 or 2v2, but when I did it was against Soviets and they almost always led with Maxim spam that I just couldn't beat as the OKW. I try to flank and there is another one, I build the ISG and it misses every other shot and those that hit don't even kill a single model. The ISG is a really RNG-based gun and not a "reliable" counter to Maxim Spams.
20 Jul 2014, 16:38 PM

Well ISG hits 99% of the time and if you have a Sturm officer nearby it will never stop shooting. It will shoot as fast as a zis shoots its barrages.

It really isn't that accurate from my experience. Maybe more accurate than Wehrmacht mortar, but that is hardly an accomplishment and after all it costs as much as two.
20 Jul 2014, 18:36 PM

Video should be uploaded soon. In the meantime, here's a game I just played.

Greatshowcase of capping around your opponents defensive positions, utilizing the flak halftrack properly (well not the first one I built...) and using a puma to scout t3 and force him to recall his units to his base.

Thats nice but its kolodny ferma not the best place for maxim spam
20 Jul 2014, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2014, 18:36 PMJaigen

Thats nice but its kolodny ferma not the best place for maxim spam

Regardless, the tactics I use are applicable to any map.

20 Jul 2014, 19:09 PM

Regardless, the tactics I use are applicable to any map.

alright now lets see you beat a high level player going t2 sovs.
20 Jul 2014, 19:17 PM

alright now lets see you beat a high level player going t2 sovs.

Funny thing is T2 + call-ins beated Barton, if I remember correctly (he was with OKW).

So yeah, even a no-brainer can easly own a good OKW player with any faction, same applies to USF vs Ostheer.
20 Jul 2014, 19:27 PM

Funny thing is T2 + call-ins beated Barton, if I remember correctly (he was with OKW).

So yeah, even a no-brainer can easly own a good OKW player with any faction, same applies to USF vs Ostheer.

so you are saying the replay Dullahan beat Harrison2124 by pure luck? He didn't out micro his sub-par opponent?
20 Jul 2014, 19:29 PM

OKW is rng dependent against Maxim spam. At least as Wermaht I can go snipers but as OKW ISG won't be able to clear them fast enough.

Maxim, maxim, maxim, maxim, ZiS, Maxim into call ins GG. Last game there was no single Conscript squad used and I still lost it. Go into the building and laugh.
Stuka 1,5 min reload, ISG is like a mortar + it takes some time to clear the building, Puma doesn't kill them fast enough.
20 Jul 2014, 19:31 PM

so you are saying the replay Dullahan beat Harrison2124 by pure luck? He didn't out micro his sub-par opponent?

I'll watch the replay ASAP, but what I said is about how the OKW has problem vs maxims, ISG is way too RNG.

Oz, + 1, same happened to me last week.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight