Login

russian armor

Maxims vs the OKW

PAGES (9)down
19 Jul 2014, 13:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I've always thought this but I hope some day it happens that units get different capping speeds based on how good they are in combat.

pios > grens > Pgrens

then ofc I think weapon teams should get slower capping rates than normal to emphasize there role which isn't capping points not that they can't cap points they just aren't as good at it.
19 Jul 2014, 15:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That was possible in CoH1, but in CoH2 the Sniper can't even focus a specific model, so I am pretty sure squads can't do it either.

I would love it if my MGs could manually target the enemy models that are OUT OF COVER, but the shitty gunner often times shoots at the wrong ones. On the other hand I would also wish that if 1 out of 4 models is out of cover, not the whole squad gets surpressed. But now its just luck.

: sadpanda :

I guess sniping gunner is just a matter of having the gunner at range and the crew behind.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 12:26 PMJaigen

But why dont you tell me why maxim should even exist and why this tactics that goes against every single principle of coh should be so effective.. i never heard of mg42/34 spam or 50 cal spam.

I guess you haven´t play the game since it´s release :P "Good" ol days of instapin supress MG42.
At my playfield, i´m more relief of someone going with maxims rather than M3/Snipers. And i´m glad if someone goes heavy maxim.

@WiFiDi, not that extream but i always thought that support weapons should cap at a slower speed.
19 Jul 2014, 15:30 PM

Maxims were already nerfed about a week ago and OKW players are still complaining?

Here's a tip for you all. Get the Infantry support guns. Bam maxims are countered by an unkillable support team that never misses a single shot sitting near the med truck...

The Red Army is badly designed, nerf the maxim and what are they supposed to do? Their doctrinal and non-doctrinal infantry is lackluster compared to OKW infantry.

The maxims are not an issue, OKW has plenty of counters for it.

19 Jul 2014, 15:36 PM

The problem is a lot of better maxim spammers use con/maxim in tandem and basically harass around the map and push with that. They are always moving.

The thing I don't like about the IG is it's still too much RNG. You may or may not get a good shot on one that's stationary for a bit. It may or may not matter that you manually targeted or barraged the area of the Maxim.

I want the Maxims to be less powerful so I can use micro to get around them. Even with some nerfs con/maxim combos will still be tough especially if they tech Molotovs, which a lot don't, because hey, save that fuel for moar tanks, you don't need them...

19 Jul 2014, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 15:30 PMFrencho
Maxims were already nerfed about a week ago and OKW players are still complaining?

Here's a tip for you all. Get the Infantry support guns. Bam maxims are countered by an unkillable support team that never misses a single shot sitting near the med truck...

The Red Army is badly designed, nerf the maxim and what are they supposed to do? Their doctrinal and non-doctrinal infantry is lackluster compared to OKW infantry.

The maxims are not an issue, OKW has plenty of counters for it.

Oum you mad? Ig18 misses often enough ... and it hasn't super damage .....

It's a 420 mp unit which will need the pretty crappy T1 Building ...... good counter? It still fucks up your early and as Soviet you don't even need to mircro much ......

For a vetaran of the 1st WW it's still overperforming as hell ....... espacially when you consider that the OKW only has the Mg34 doctrinal against enemy hordes.

Even as the Ostheer I struggle against the maxim spam and they got a Mortar (HT), Sniper, and an early scout car ....

OKW has nothing like that, the Luchs comes to late, Flak HT is shitty against ZiS due to set up time .....
19 Jul 2014, 15:44 PM

Oum you mad? Ig18 misses often enough ... and it hasn't super damage .....

It's a 420 mp unit which will need the pretty crappy T1 Building ...... good counter? It still fucks up your early and as Soviet you don't even need to mircro much ......

For a vetaran of the 1st WW it's still overperforming as hell ....... espacially when you consider that the OKW only has the Mg34 doctrinal against enemy hordes.

Even as the Ostheer I struggle against the maxim spam and they got a Mortar (HT), Sniper, and an early scout car ....

OKW has nothing like that, the Luchs comes to late, Flak HT is shitty against ZiS due to set up time .....

IG18 does not miss that much and when it hits it's a reliable 2-3 models killed, plus maxims are easy target as they are stationary.

Ever heard of the Kubelwagon? It's beastly if properly microed and the maxim does less dmg to it than conscripts.

Ever heard of Fallschirmjagers? Just pop behind the maxims and kill them

Lastly, maxims require more micro than MG34/MG42s or 50.Cal.

19 Jul 2014, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 15:44 PMFrencho

IG18 does not miss that much and when it hits it's a reliable 2-3 models killed, plus maxims are easy target as they are stationary.

Ever heard of the Kubelwagon? It's beastly if properly microed and the maxim does less dmg to it than conscripts.

Nonsense. You talk as if the IG18 will hit with every shot that is just bullocks. just like the mortar the support gun is useful in displacing and weakening mg's and enemy mortars but do not expect it to kill a well microed mg.

automatic weapons greatly benefit from vehicle size allowing all their shots to hit so no idea where that comes from.

And FSJ are doctrine dependant and its utter bullocks to even suggest as a counter and second not every map has building. also its a one time affair. now stop posting your just embarrassing yourself.
19 Jul 2014, 18:12 PM

those are the worst suggestions ever. as bad as suggesting ost should build snipers. IG is the only chance but comes way too late and takes forever to build and get onto the field.
19 Jul 2014, 18:41 PM

Why shouldn't ost build snipers?
19 Jul 2014, 18:56 PM

Why shouldn't ost build snipers?

With good micro and some luck a Sniper can work ...... but if he gets killed its gg ...
19 Jul 2014, 19:17 PM

seriously? whenever i crew a maxim i literally just a-click every where cause that thing can redeploy faster than incoming infantry can flank it on open ground. if things go to hell somehow you just retreat and rinse and repeat.
19 Jul 2014, 19:25 PM

seriously? whenever i crew a maxim i literally just a-click every where cause that thing can redeploy faster than incoming infantry can flank it on open ground. if things go to hell somehow you just retreat and rinse and repeat.

:facepalm:

Which means you are MICROING it....

MG42/MG34s have a huge arc, thus you have to redeploy them less, therefore you are doing less micro.

Plus last patch nerfed just that, the turning/pivot speed of the maxim. Maxims can be easily flanked.

19 Jul 2014, 19:33 PM

Maxim crewmen is what, 15 mp to reinforce? And at 6 squad members, the sniper takes a long time to just effect a retreat let alone amortise himself while himself being very susceptible to all sorts of rng including smallarms fire.
In general, if one has superior micro and a bit of luck, the german sniper can be a nice supplementary unit eventually, but overall its a gimmick and a liability - it is no coincidence that very few people use one in competitive play.
19 Jul 2014, 19:34 PM

Frencho, A-moving is not exactly what you would call micro intensive. That is part of the Maxims' strenght btw - ease of use.
19 Jul 2014, 19:41 PM

Regardless, they still require more micro than the other MGs.
19 Jul 2014, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 19:25 PMFrencho

:facepalm:

Which means you are MICROING it....

MG42/MG34s have a huge arc, thus you have to redeploy them less, therefore you are doing less micro.

Plus last patch nerfed just that, the turning/pivot speed of the maxim. Maxims can be easily flanked.

Being a former platinum (which is hardly the elite league ) SC2 player i laugh if you call that micro. also that very tiny nerf didnt do anything for flanking
19 Jul 2014, 19:45 PM

maxim suppression should be decreased. allot. or a price increase to 300mp

I suspect you don't remember the MG42 Nerf my dear friend :)
19 Jul 2014, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 19:41 PMJaigen

Being a former platinum (which is hardly the elite league ) SC2 player i laugh if you call that micro. also that very tiny nerf didnt do anything for flanking

I wonder how you are a platinum player if you can't even beat maxim spam...

It's pure QQ and whining. We give you whiners some ideas to try out and you categorically deny them, as if you don't want a solution and enjoy complaining in the forums.

This thread is going nowhere.
19 Jul 2014, 19:47 PM

The problem is a lot of better maxim spammers use con/maxim in tandem and basically harass around the map and push with that. They are always moving.

That doesnt sound like a spam, more like combined arms.
19 Jul 2014, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 12:26 PMJaigen

OKW doesnt have riflenades. also if you where forced to use a riflenade against every maxim it would be a massive balance issue. ost has more tools available in the form of mortars snipers and 222 scout cars the okw doesnt.

But why dont you tell me why maxim should even exist and why this tactics that goes against every single principle of coh should be so effective.. i never heard of mg42/34 spam or 50 cal spam.

MG42 spam used to be a very viable strategy until the m3s and mg crew armor Nerf came in.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS