Login

russian armor

American tank repairs

8 Jul 2014, 19:37 PM

Keep the T key for exiting tank.
Add R toggle key for Repair and Recrew.
During Repair mode do not show tank as abandoned.
This will keep ally or enemy forces from taking your vehicle while under repair without killng crew first.
Crew will recrew vehicle when repair is completed or R key hit.
This will leave the tank silhouette on the top right screen instead of crew silhouette which you might click and move away from tank.
Thanks for your consideration.

I couldn't find suggestions forum so posted here.
If you have link, I would appreciate.
thanks COH2 fan
Jake
8 Jul 2014, 19:41 PM

You could queue commands for repair and recrew. First repair, the hold shift to queue to recrew (the circular mouseover icon).
8 Jul 2014, 19:41 PM

1. if your ally is stealing tanks, hes a dick and you cant really stop that.

2. if the enemy is stealing tanks, make sure you hop out in a safer place.

3. i dont think they can leave the tank icon, because the tank is no longer a unit at that point. if you want a simple workaround, you press t to exit the tank, right click the tank right after (your cursor will automatically be a repair symbol for a short time), then once they start to repair, shift click on the tank. that will queue them to hop in once the tank is done repairing.
8 Jul 2014, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2014, 19:41 PMwooof
1. if your ally is stealing tanks, hes a dick and you cant really stop that.

Played a random team game where I worked so hard to keep my sherman alive to vet 2. Then ally just simply stole it during repair and proceeded to lose that tank very quickly. Felt like shit like I just got robbed.. it sucks but yeah there's nothing you can do about that. I guess you can't trust anyone.
8 Jul 2014, 20:00 PM

I would like the tank to still be target-able when the crew jumps out. many times as german I have been in a multi tank battle and I'm about to destroy a sherman and the crew just jumps out. My tank then switches targets because its no longer a unit. very annoying
8 Jul 2014, 21:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What your describing OP is when the crew Leaves the tank the tank still belongs to the Player.

People familiar with world builder know what im about to talk about,since you can assign any entity or object to players 1-8,meaning that enemies will always automatically attack it,even if it isnt a "unit".(Like trees,or any type of building,all can be assigned to the player)
But if its assigned to the WORLD,like almost all objects are,then no one will attack it.

So a fix would be when player 1 builds a tank,it always belongs to him,and not the "WORLD", when abandoned.

This prevents it from being stolen by teammates,but also enemies.(Which could probably be coded out by relic somehow.they're smart enough)

Meaning the tank will have the owned players color outline around it,and will be automatically targetted by enemies,and unable to be crewed by friendlies.

That takes away the micro side of things though,since if you always wanted to destroy an abandoned vehicle u targetted it with attack ground manually,or the vehicle was destroyed accidentally

TLDR,OP I understand what you want and its definitely possible to implement. its a matter of IF relic wants to.
8 Jul 2014, 21:57 PM

Can't do anything about dickhole teammates. There's nothing stopping from someone planting a democharge in your base either.
8 Jul 2014, 22:07 PM

And thats why I never do random games.

AT all the way.

There is just too much "stupid" in random team games.
9 Jul 2014, 06:54 AM

Keep the T key for exiting tank.
Add R toggle key for Repair and Recrew.
During Repair mode do not show tank as abandoned.
This will keep ally or enemy forces from taking your vehicle while under repair without killng crew first.
Crew will recrew vehicle when repair is completed or R key hit.
This will leave the tank silhouette on the top right screen instead of crew silhouette which you might click and move away from tank.
Thanks for your consideration.

I couldn't find suggestions forum so posted here.
If you have link, I would appreciate.
thanks COH2 fan
Jake

your way of thinkig is flawed, stealing dem tanks is the new way to go !

if your micro isnt strong enough to repair few tanks how about driving it to the base/safe place first. this repair ability is so OP that it should have some bottlenecks (like possibility of tank beign stolen, or that repair crew will be pinned etc).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★