Late game decision: Sturmtiger or Stuka + IR halftrack

Which one?
Option Distribution Votes
63%
38%
Total votes: 48
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
6 Jul 2014, 17:50 PM

You have a panther on the field already but need to thin out the infantry and support weapons.

Which one and what situation would tilt your choice?
6 Jul 2014, 18:03 PM

Stuka in no doubt, Sturmtiger is too risky and avoidable.

Best example while you know there is a line of Zis & 57mm, Sturmtiger can't do shit to these.
6 Jul 2014, 18:19 PM

Depends on what opponents have.

Wall of tank destoyers? Stuka.

Wall of AT guns? Sturmtiger.
6 Jul 2014, 18:23 PM

Depends on what opponents have.

Wall of tank destoyers? Stuka.

Wall of AT guns? Sturmtiger.

I think Stuka is the best answer for both.
6 Jul 2014, 18:28 PM

Its always IR plus Stuka, never Strumtiger. Stuka literaly does Strumtiger's job from a safe range,meaning unlike Strumtiger, Stuka wont be getting shot at. Additionally, Strumtiger is really gimmiky, with its 45 second, crew must be exposed to reload dumbness it has going on. Also, I don't know if you guys have noticed, strumtiger AOE shell is ALOT Smaller than the rockets of death from a stuka.
6 Jul 2014, 18:35 PM
Patrion 14

I find it depends on the map, if it is a large open match I go for the sturm, because it has more survivability from flanks, plus slight accuracy, while on enclosed maps (trois point) I like to go stuka.
6 Jul 2014, 19:36 PM

I really like the Sturmtiger and would like to think I've had a lot of success with it.

What does it do better than the stuka? I suppose not much, both are effective. Heavy Anti-armor damage perhaps.

The sturmtiger is actually fairly fast in a straight line, and has good armor. It it able to dart in rather safely. The key to using it aggressively is to use subtle scouting tools like the IR track or Spec Ops arty flares. I've darted in and destroyed everything from ISU's, repairing tanks, even priests.

One thing to note is that the sturmtiger rocket will stun tanks or add crits such as gun destroyed or permanently immobilized.

6 Jul 2014, 19:54 PM

Can I have Infantry support gun option please?
Stuka is too random + long reload and I'd prefer to get 2nd Panther than Sturmtiger.
6 Jul 2014, 20:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Stuka without IR Halftrack
6 Jul 2014, 21:36 PM

You have a panther on the field already but need to thin out the infantry and support weapons.

Which one and what situation would tilt your choice?

Stuka. Support weapons are usually so close to each other that you can hit two of them with one stuka barrage. It would tilt my choice if the opponent also has tanks on the field. Since the Sturmtiger can reliably oneshot almost every tank (Sometimes Panther might need to put a shot in) that would cause a bigger damage. If it's just support weapons the Sturmtiger would just destroy one at a time, which is usually a waste.
6 Jul 2014, 23:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xWuL26TRjs

Here's an interesting propagandacast.

Fortune tries to use a stuka throughout the game with very limited success despite some solid shots.

He could have used it better, and scouted more, but despite it being one of his first vehicles it have little effect on the game.
7 Jul 2014, 01:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xWuL26TRjs

Here's an interesting propagandacast.

Fortune tries to use a stuka throughout the game with very limited success despite some solid shots.

He could have used it better, and scouted more, but despite it being one of his first vehicles it have little effect on the game.

That is exactly how my Stuka behaves. It misses more often than it hits. Not worth 100 fuel IMHO. I like ISG 100 times better.
7 Jul 2014, 03:51 AM
Donator 33

I don't play OKW, but Stuka with IR Halftrack are particularly dangerous to my vetted US Infantry. Sturm Tiger on the other hand, does not concern me much.
7 Jul 2014, 05:00 AM
Patrion 15

Sturmtiger is rapidly becoming my favorite OKW unit. Not only for its effectiveness but because of the swag factor. Its like a giant fucking squad wiping bear. It wipes squads much more reliably than the stuka. You should basically be killing 1 squad per shot if you're doing it right. The stuka often either misses entirely or only kills half the squad, leaving them free to reinforce.
7 Jul 2014, 05:08 AM

A good way to use it is to hide it behind a house or a hedgerow, and then ambush the squad that is capping. Then make a joker face :-D
7 Jul 2014, 08:17 AM

I prefer the Sturmtiger for the mentioned reasons (mainly more reliable) and because its presence can push sqauds away wihout shooting thx to its armour & health.
7 Jul 2014, 09:13 AM

Stuka is sort of a headache for me when I play as Soviets. I do have Partisans that I can use if it was a favorable map, but I have to waste two squads to see a chance of killing it from behind. A good players know to defend it, so i usually don't get away with it anyways.

7 Jul 2014, 10:49 AM

The "sound mute" effect you get when Sturmtiger shoots its awesome :)
7 Jul 2014, 11:04 AM

i would say sturmtiger. sure the stuka will do a lot of damage but it doesnt destroy enemy AT guns or reliability perform squad wipes. it is even a danger to tanks simply uee the infared ht to scout out good targets.
7 Jul 2014, 12:17 PM

Why people choose Sturmtiger? Havent you people faced yet players that DONT STAY in ST's wiping circle?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★