Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
18 Jul 2014, 09:34 AM

Good luck with that. Might as well partition Poland while you are at it.

Thats redesigning the entire unit. Yeah, thats not going to happen. Want me to link the Stuka zu Fuss's description by Relic again, along with the description of OKW?

then thats too bad, if they refuse to, the time will come when the crying comes back. it may seem okay now, 1 patch later, 2 patches later, thats difficult to say. i did warn with the elefant, same thing happened.

honestly, i dont give a flying fuck if okw gets normal fuel or munitions back, or ability to build caches, with a little tweaks to unit buildtimes and effectiveness, heini. okw has always been infantry centered and mp is still the prime resource for them. tanks are there to support their infantry, not the other way around.

flaktrack < AT guns, jadgpanzers/panthers/jadgtigers/kingtigers < flanking tanks and superior combined arms.
18 Jul 2014, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 03:05 AMNapalm
pigsoup speaks for me. Some of the utter disrespect for players whom enjoy the competitive nature of 3v3 and 4v4's is mind blowing.

I'm not saying 3v3 can't be competitive. It can. Problem is in current state of the game it isn't and it will never be.
The first thing that needs to be done is to rework resources gain in large team games. We can start talking about 3v3 being balanced and competitive after that.

But don't trust my words. See it for yourself. Fire up some 1v1 or 2v2 games and see for yourself. Make sure to play few of them so your Elo will actually in a decent spot.
1v1 is the most demanding game mode because there is no team mate to back you up when you do mistake and your mistakes are punished much harder than in any other game mode for that exact reason. It's all about you. Your position is much more vulnerable as there are more ways to flank and you won't be able to secure all possible routes.
18 Jul 2014, 10:00 AM
Patrion 14

And what compensates for their brutal fuel and muni penalty?....

super cheap teching compared to others? 'free' medic base, repair station, or aerial and anti air emplacement for teching up? ability to get to vet 5? being able to build super annoying wire that has to be crushed by medium+ tank?
18 Jul 2014, 10:52 AM
Donator 22

Stuka zu Fuß is overpowered like hell. You can't do shit against it as sovjet.

take your own medicine:

FrikadelleXXL wrote: Adapt and L2P please
18 Jul 2014, 11:44 AM

Yes maybe play the game and get an own opinion thx bye. :)

Why do you put an :) at the end of nearly every post? Even with after insults? Whats wrong with you?
18 Jul 2014, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 10:57 AMKatitof

I have been browsing wikipedia today.

Under the word "hypocrite" there was your picture and biography.

Someone here implied I am biased. I can see why he said that, and I can even admit it as long I can admit I prefer playing germans instead Allied. Furhter, even if I AM biased, that doesn't mean I CAN't recognize a biased post when I see one. That being said, it would be nice if you would explain "why" do you think I am a hypocrite. If you can prove that, I will admit it, as I allways admit what is true and fair.
18 Jul 2014, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 10:00 AMpigsoup

super cheap teching compared to others? 'free' medic base, repair station, or aerial and anti air emplacement for teching up? ability to get to vet 5? being able to build super annoying wire that has to be crushed by medium+ tank?

Teching can only compensate the early game and help them keep pace coz we all know even with teching they won't have res actually build the units.What is the excuse of 250 fuel worth panther every unit without increased effectiveness?
What sustains crippled OKW after initial teching help?
Thats right super units and vet,once super units are gone OKW permanently crippled..thats how faction designed.
18 Jul 2014, 13:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge

much invised posts much...

get back on the wagon guys please we have a long way to go (in this development cycle). there is no excuse for you guys to be name calling and throwing petty insults; about how much a fanboy someone is when you have yourself to worry about. The less you guys bicker the faster i can get to invising the apparent backlog of rule breaking posts. :(
18 Jul 2014, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 10:00 AMpigsoup

[...]ability to get to vet 5?

Why does a lot of people assume that's just because OKWs units can vet up to 5 instead of 3, their raw stats vet bonuses are so much better than those of other factions?

Hint: they are not.
18 Jul 2014, 13:54 PM

Why does a lot of people assume that's just because OKWs units can vet up to 5 instead of 3, their raw stats vet bonuses are so much better than those of other factions?

I would say because they arent posted somewhere where everybody can see them...hint hint
18 Jul 2014, 13:56 PM

Well, some of them are.

Passive suppression for certain unit at vet5 anyone? Or other certain unit at vet3?
18 Jul 2014, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 13:56 PMKatitof

Well, some of them are.

Passive suppression for certain unit at vet5 anyone? Or other certain unit at vet3?

For some units, it does give them "unique" bonuses other factions aren't getting, that's true. And I never said that 5 vet levels isn't an advantage.

It does get blown out of proportion often though, like it made all OKWs units 100% stronger from if they only had regular vet levels.

And no, this thread probably wasn't the main offender in this regard - it was only at bad place and a bad time for me to read it :P
18 Jul 2014, 15:04 PM

I always had the feeling the CD was 120 seconds aka 2 minutes, but everybody is talking about 1,5 mins?
I think with vet 2 it is 100 seconds which is still more than 1,5 mins.

2 mins is pretty long.
18 Jul 2014, 17:31 PM

As already noted it is not like OKW have anything else, and their units are suppossed to be expensive but effective or cheap and well vetted.

Stuka is not overpowered at all. As he said, OKW is meant to have units that are EFFECTIVE but EXPENSIVE.

Kat and Pwerf could use a slight buff so that even when firing at blobs, every rocket doesn't spread out and miss but stuka is pretty fine where it is. The few times i've tried to use a kat against OKW hasn't really done much for me but I may need some practice.

To those complaining about getting squad wiped on retreat, that's not the stukas fault, you played someone smart enough to drop rockets on your retreat path while you're there. Would you say that if I was using a preist to do that as well? How about don't retreat when you hear the rockets coming if they are landing on your retreat path, just advance forward or move to the left/right.

Secondly, Stuka has a distinct sound when firing, that can be heard and give you just enough time to move units. Whenever I hear that thing fire in a game, I move my units. Most importantly, I move my AT guns/MGs.

Thirdly, its an artillery piece that launched HE rockets. It's gonna fuck shit up and decrew weapons, that's its design and it's really fucking good at it. All that means is not to just place a static support weapon somewhere and think that area is locked down. Keep moving. Change positions.

390 + 100 fuel is a big deal to lose. Flank the stuka. It's not hard, in most of my 2v2 games I can get some infy behind enemy lines and deal with it. One AT nade and shock troops and the thing is dead is no time. When I see or hear a stuka for the first time on a map, especially early game, I instantly try to sneak around and hunt that thing down. The longer you wait the deadlier it will become.

If they go for the quick stuka, that's fuel not going to any other tanks or vehicles as well as the fact that the only AT capabilities that that player has is the raketenwerfer and the puma, both of which can easily be killed by combined arms attack.

TL;DR Don't line up your shit.
18 Jul 2014, 18:51 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Just tried out the stuka for the first time and WOW does it offer some great laughs and excitement when you pwn an entire bazooka blob,and its commanding lieutenant on retreat. I was laughing like a giddy little girl.
so satisfying.
18 Jul 2014, 18:58 PM

To those complaining about getting squad wiped on retreat, that's not the stukas fault, you played someone smart enough to drop rockets on your retreat path while you're there. Would you say that if I was using a preist to do that as well? How about don't retreat when you hear the rockets coming if they are landing on your retreat path, just advance forward or move to the left/right.

Any player can aim artillery at retreat paths or bases.

No other artillery in the game is laser guided perfect accurate with that much damage in that many shells over that much area of effect.

Welcome to Trois point. A fight is going bad, you pull out with four or five squads. The woosh of a stuka firing for the first time this game happens and a competent player can precision draw down your retreat path and wipe 1000mp+ of vetted squads for an utterly trivial input.

No Kat or Werfer could do that. No field arty or offmap could do that.

No priest could ever pull that off- not even a vet 1 one that spends 50 munitions for a creeping barrage, because the priest takes a reload between every shell when it draws a line.

Funnily enough, retreating has to happen. That's the only time I usually fire my stuka- I know where his infantry will be and can be assured a squad wipe (or 3) my opponent cannot avoid because retreating squads are uncontrollable.

The firepower is not the problem.

The basic accuracy & area saturation is the problem.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS