Login

russian armor

World of Jagdtiger Online

3 Jul 2014, 18:56 PM

Good thoughts

Do you believe a single unit should change the entire out come of the game? Do you believe this unit should require the opposing player to throw everything they have at it to be able to defeat it? Those are super hero units in my opinion and should not be in this game. King Tiger v1 was a great example of this. I aliken it to your special character in Dawn or War II expect with more power as you can field numerous of them at the same time.

Apparently, given Relic's track record hero units are here to stay.

Comparing a tank on tracks to a B4 is a bit silly. I have been using the B4 religiously since the patch and it does pretty good again the OKW but that is not the point.

I thought of the one time call in. It's still an option but I thought of it being a bit too harsh. It would work though in preventing the massing of the units.

I understand balancing is hard. Just looking at the StrumPio's I can see that a lot of thought whet into giving a opening unit a weapon profile that is better than anything the Allies can yield shy of a HMG.

3 Jul 2014, 19:09 PM

If you read their clan description very closely, you'll note that they mostly play soviet/americans.
Now, albeit that it induces bias post and what not, his arguments were pretty valid and especially in team games, the Jagdtiger can be a pain in the ass.

Napalm, I'll give you some salmon if you try and not let your opponents amass that many rescources and go on a mighty bearflank with your Jacksons or spam M10's ^^

Good luck

I was replying to Medman, not to TaB guy.

But I don't think that a player with 96% Soviet play and 4% German play can ever have anything to say on balance.

It is very powerful but it is not the end of CoH2 and the world like he's making out. It's a huge fuel cost and, unlike the ISU, you can't just collect CP and fuel without teching as OKW. You have to build some vehicles first, so it's damn hard to get one out at all.

TaB Napalm said
"Do you believe a single unit should change the entire out come of the game? Do you believe this unit should require the opposing player to throw everything they have at it to be able to defeat it?"

DID YOU EVER USE AN ISU? DID YOU!? YOU DON'T WANT SUPER-HARD GAME CHANGING UNITS?? DID YOU USE THE ISU RELIGIOUSLY!?

Yes. Yes, you did. Hypocrisy is horrible, stop it.
3 Jul 2014, 19:14 PM

Bulgakov; let's keep it constructive chap. Judging by your record of zero 3v3 and 4v4's you really have nothing constructive to submit to this thread. Did you read the disclaimer?
3 Jul 2014, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 19:14 PMNapalm
Bulgakov; let's keep it constructive chap. Judging by your record of zero 3v3 and 4v4's you really have nothing constructive to submit to this thread. Did you read the disclaimer?

You're right, I'm not being completely constructive. I apologise.

I do play 3v3 and 4v4. Please check the Steam ladder.

The fact remains that your playrate as Allies is 96% and Germans at 6%. You cannot possibly feel the balance properly.

I read the disclaimer. Any changes that are made will affect every other VS mode.

Did you use the ISU-152 pre patch? If you did, you shouldn't be complaining about the Jagd. You say it is a game breaker and it's bad but I dn't see any posts from you about ISU-152 breaking the game. It really broke the game.

Please, try playing OKW and using the Jagd and see how it goes. Please post replays of you destroying everyone with it. Then I will listen.
3 Jul 2014, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 19:14 PMNapalm

Ok, I have more german games in 4v4 than you do allied. He is right. You are totally hypocrite. Where was your thread on OP ISU??? That thing was wwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse than jagdtiger for like 3 months. Why are you asking for 1cp shocks in other threads? that was already tried and it was an idiotic choice of relic. I would have to say that your balance threads are full of Sov bias.
3 Jul 2014, 19:35 PM

If you let multiple okw players amass enough fuel for multiple jagdtigers you are bad and you should feel bad.
3 Jul 2014, 19:59 PM

A thread about massing the by far most expensive unit in the game? Sounds legit.

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 16:54 PMMedman

I played a game last night where I buttoned a Jagdtiger and dropped bombs on it, which took it down to about 65% health. I flanked with a T34 shooting it in the rear three times, an ISU shooting it in the front 3 times, and an AT gun from the front 3 times. The end result was a dead T34 (thanks to an AT rocket), a dead ISU from the Jagdtiger, a waste of 280 munitions, and a Jagdtiger with 40% health. The majority of the shots were deflected.

Ah, right. That was my Jagdtiger you were fighting against. The mentioned scenario happened, but not all at the same time. The IL2 bombing strike didn't hit fully while the Jagdtiger was backing off. After that a single, unsupported T34 was getting some rear shots in before it was destroyed - deep in enemy territory, surrounded by veteran Volks with Schrecks, Rakenwerfer 43 and a teammates Puma. After that the Jagdtiger was repaired to full health and forced the ISU152 back. And with 525 front armor, you can expect that the majority of AT gun shots will be deflected.

Anyway, the Jagdtiger is stupidly good and stupidly expensive. One might think it is a counter to the ISU152.

But more importantly the whole engagement must be put into perspective. It was a 2v2 on Rails against double soviets. Double T2 with Shocks/KV8 and Guards/ISU152.

If you want to get a fast Jagdtiger out, you have to play about 25 minutes without any vehicles at all, assuming equal map control. That means as soviets you can reign 25 minutes supreme and basically pin the enemy at their base trucks.

And you failed at that decisively. You lost carelessly one maxim after another to a le IG 18. No coordinated counter mortar or artillery fire. Not a single mine was build. Fraudulent unit preservation, loosing the manpower attrition for 25 minutes despite having vehicles of all sorts. Still, you were complaining furiously throughout the game, because you are apparently ranked high in 2v2 and outplayed me like all the time.

3 Jul 2014, 20:08 PM

Lol typical. +1
3 Jul 2014, 20:10 PM

A thread about massing the by far most expensive unit in the game? Sounds legit.

In a 3 v 3 the Axis can yield 3 Jagdtiger's without a strain. Add a narrow nap, or a map with few channels for flanking and a stand off occurring. Take Lazur Factory for example. Through attrition, additional Jagdtigers are called to the field as everything is at a stand still. OKW still has anti tank weapons that are effective in these circumstances. Timing plays a critical factor as well, the IS2 gets dispatched at 11CP and the Jagdtiger at 13CP. 2CP to turn the battle is a bit rushed, don't you think?
3 Jul 2014, 20:29 PM

get fucked hard

whoah

shit is going down
3 Jul 2014, 20:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 20:10 PMNapalm

In a 3 v 3 the Axis can yield 3 Jagdtiger's without a strain. Add a narrow nap, or a map with few channels for flanking and a stand off occurring. Take Lazur Factory for example. Through attrition, additional Jagdtigers are called to the field as everything is at a stand still. OKW still has anti tank weapons that are effective in these circumstances. Timing plays a critical factor as well, the IS2 gets dispatched at 11CP and the Jagdtiger at 13CP. 2CP to turn the battle is a bit rushed, don't you think?

Exactly, in a 3v3 / 4v4 , dont play these modes while expecting them to be properly balanced. Balance is done for 1v1 / 2v2 and thats perfectly fine. 3v3 or 4v4 are just a mess.
3 Jul 2014, 20:41 PM

Exactly, in a 3v3 / 4v4 , dont play these modes while expecting them to be properly balanced. Balance is done for 1v1 / 2v2 and thats perfectly fine. 3v3 or 4v4 are just a mess.

But I have friends :( Lots of them.
3 Jul 2014, 21:25 PM

Get your friends to play axis and spam Jagdtigers. It's totally easy to do and you will win every game.
3 Jul 2014, 22:00 PM

Get your friends to play axis and spam Jagdtigers. It's totally easy to do and you will win every game.

pretty much this, the only enemy in aixs teamed game is a dropped teammate. I mean common lads, since when you'll have a easy time when playing 3v3 4v4 as allied.
3 Jul 2014, 22:03 PM

I know right, been doing it for a couple of hours now.
3 Jul 2014, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 22:00 PMUGBEAR

pretty much this, the only enemy in aixs teamed game is a dropped teammate. I mean common lads, since when you'll have a easy time when playing 3v3 4v4 as allied.

well before wf it was insanely easy to win as soviets. 3x isu commanders at once... lol. elephants couldn't hold back a good sov team. total map control as soviets and pinning the ost in their base was easy wins for allies that patch. if the whole team goes soviets it is still hard to win against until late late game, even in this patch.
3 Jul 2014, 22:28 PM

Shooting through buildings should be ability only with heavy ammo cost. I dont understand why there are units like this in this game where the whole point of it is positioning your units... and than you get this autistic tank crew looking at the wall of some building, and shooting at it.

No unit no matter how expensive should work like this. Whats next? Underground artillery unit?
4 Jul 2014, 07:22 AM

I think most soviet players still need to adapt and learn new ways of playing. A lot of soviet players still try to mass out as quick as possible a ISU 152 by skipping t3 and t4 and think that unit alone can win the game again. You lose the mid game by this. The Jagdtiger is the hard counter for the ISU, still 3/3 soviet players still choose a ISU doctrine and wonder why they get fucked hard.

Secondly a fast Jagdtiger has usually no support since all the resources went on the Jagdtiger, than it can be easily flanked by soviet t3 or American t4.
Mines are still effective and a Jagdtiger with a damage engine is nearly complete immobile.

I assume this thread is just a rant after OP got outplayed, however like all the whiny boys he doesn't blame his team but "OP" units.

4 Jul 2014, 08:52 AM

I think most soviet players still need to adapt and learn new ways of playing.

How do you adapt to something that shoots through buildings on urban map?
4 Jul 2014, 09:29 AM
Patrion 14

I think most soviet players still need to adapt and learn new ways of playing. A lot of soviet players still try to mass out as quick as possible a ISU 152 by skipping t3 and t4 and think that unit alone can win the game again. You lose the mid game by this. The Jagdtiger is the hard counter for the ISU, still 3/3 soviet players still choose a ISU doctrine and wonder why they get fucked hard.

i do not know where you get intel from . this hasn't been the case for me; every game i played against sov/usf in2v2+ since the wfa came out, no one tried to hold out for isu
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight