Login

russian armor

World of Jagdtiger Online

5 Jul 2014, 00:58 AM

I am like 90% sure that smoke doesn't actually work on the Jagdtiger as long as he has some unit spotting you.

It ignores line of sight and terrain.
5 Jul 2014, 01:29 AM

Eh we'll, that might make it difficult I'm a 4v4 situation, but two smoke barrages?

Idk, I mostly play 1v1 and 2v2 and haven't had problems getting them with T3485s, they never have enough support because they have been spending so much muni for the fuel to get it out...If there was smoke I probably wouldn't lose a single tank, but even losing two t3485s is fine given their economy and the speed at which Allies can recover.

5 Jul 2014, 01:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 18:56 PMNapalm

Do you believe a single unit should change the entire out come of the game? Do you believe this unit should require the opposing player to throw everything they have at it to be able to defeat it? Those are super hero units in my opinion and should not be in this game. King Tiger v1 was a great example of this. I aliken it to your special character in Dawn or War II expect with more power as you can field numerous of them at the same time.

Well if it seems like you were winning the game and the jadgtiger completely switched it around. Maybe you were winning because the player was crazy enough to save up for an expensive jadjtiger which greatly limits him while you were beating him down. In order to get a jadjtiger you would have to hold off from getting any tanks or vehicles so they are pretty much just infantry spamming which leaves the okw very vulnerable because of how allied armor are so good at killing infantry.

You could try to be more aggressive, you can get around 4 t34s for one jadjtiger, and since you have the advantage of having tanks that are good at killing infantry you can gain better map control then your opponent thus the possibility of getting more tanks like 6 or 7.
5 Jul 2014, 02:18 AM

Well if it seems like you were winning the game and the jadgtiger completely switched it around. Maybe you were winning because the player was crazy enough to save up for an expensive jadjtiger which greatly limits him while you were beating him down. In order to get a jadjtiger you would have to hold off from getting any tanks or vehicles so they are pretty much just infantry spamming which leaves the okw very vulnerable because of how allied armor are so good at killing infantry.

You could try to be more aggressive, you can get around 4 t34s for one jadjtiger, and since you have the advantage of having tanks that are good at killing infantry you can gain better map control then your opponent thus the possibility of getting more tanks like 6 or 7.

sadly, while allied armour is effective against infantry. axis AT is so much more potent than allied ones. pak40s with their superfast firerate and schrecks all tear allied paper thin armour. not to mention, allied armour dont have escape mechanisms that are as easy to use as smoke canisters. axis with only their regular and infantry AT have just as dangerous to allied armour as allied armour are to them.

this relegates allied armour to gun platforms, rather than as tanks and must be heavily supported. so there's a possibility that the game can still be dragged on and jagdtiger can still come and change the game.
5 Jul 2014, 03:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2014, 02:18 AMwongtp

sadly, while allied armour is effective against infantry. axis AT is so much more potent than allied ones. pak40s with their superfast firerate and schrecks all tear allied paper thin armour. not to mention, allied armour dont have escape mechanisms that are as easy to use as smoke canisters. axis with only their regular and infantry AT have just as dangerous to allied armour as allied armour are to them.

this relegates allied armour to gun platforms, rather than as tanks and must be heavily supported. so there's a possibility that the game can still be dragged on and jagdtiger can still come and change the game.

Yes, Axis infantry anti tank weapons are more effective but that's to even out the incredible damage the Allied armor have against infantry. A shot from a T3485 can even wipe out a PanzerGrenadier squad, a Panzergrenadier squad can't throw off a volley without losing a few men, and a few men is all they have in a squad. Therefore, the Panzershreck squads aren't going to kill any full hp tanks unless the tank is a dedicated tank destroyer.

Besides, the supporting infantry would be the ones getting rid of the tank guns which is why you see AT guns held far back because of how AT guns gets easily decrewed by any infantry.

While the Germans have better escape mechanism the Soviets have better trap mechanisms like cheap mines, buttoning, at nades and marked target.

All tanks needs to be heavily supported, this includes Tigers. I've seen plenty of times where heavy tanks become surrounded by a few medium tanks and get blown to bits. It's only when I see panzershrecks and AT guns defending the tank, the tank starts to win engagement. The Elefant and Jadgtiger are excellent tank destroyers but can't do anything against infantry so they need to be supported.
5 Jul 2014, 14:46 PM

Jagdtiger? If anything I think it needs a buff but only in the area of AI. For such an expensive vehicle (435 fuel adjusted) that could break one's game if they save up for it, it should have the AI of the Is-2.
5 Jul 2014, 14:52 PM

Jagdtiger? If anything I think it needs a buff but only in the area of AI. For such an expensive vehicle (435 fuel adjusted) that could break one's game if they save up for it, it should have the AI of the Is-2.

Its the ultimate AT vehicle.

If you want AI, use obersoldaten and fusiliers.
5 Jul 2014, 14:53 PM

X,D
5 Jul 2014, 14:54 PM

It's not worth the immense cost currently. Get a teammate to go elefant doctrine to perform the same role.
5 Jul 2014, 14:59 PM

It's not worth the immense cost currently. Get a teammate to go elefant doctrine to perform the same role.

Dude, its a mobile Pak43 with giant armor and health values. And you say its not worth it? It denies all armor
5 Jul 2014, 15:04 PM

In a team game, you will damage your side by waiting 435 fuel for the Jagdtiger (against T-34/85 spam or whatnot). That's a lot of time with no armor on the field. The Elefant, is incrementally not as good but it is available after a reasonable time and at a much lower cost.
5 Jul 2014, 15:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Why would you want an elefant? 2 paks do a much better job with only 10 less range. It also lets you spend fuel on actual tanks that can kill infantry
5 Jul 2014, 15:10 PM

In certain maps and team game stand off situations with a lot of indirect fire, something like a single Elefant/Jagdtiger is needed.
5 Jul 2014, 15:14 PM

lol @ buff the Jagd AI :D

What would soviets say if suddenly they had to face an ISU-esque beast...

As much as I'd love to see that and give the sovs a taste of heir own medicine, I'd prefer it if all these vehicles were toned down.

And for the ISU to go to 14 CP so the soviets have to actually do some teching >:/
5 Jul 2014, 16:00 PM

Is this just me or whenever the Jadtiger got shot then the god damn start to get shocked ? like almost everytime ?

First I was like the ideal of use it but for a huge fuel and manpower invesment, you have a Pak43 that:

Good side:

- Last longer ( not die after a bombing strike )
- Be Able to move around
- Hard to kill ( if it got support )
- Shoot through wall.

bad side

- Almost 90% got crew shocked from getting shot
- need time to set up everytime it moves.
- I thought Elephant was slow but Jadtiger change my mind lol.
- Even with a nuts range it required spotter so it can be effective.

Frankly, my final opinion for it ( in 2vs2 game at least ):

- No, don't go for it. Instead get a Command Panther to have better sight + movement for both you and your Ostheer Elephant.

- Only go jadtiger if you play Minsk Pocket ( I'm talking about 2vs2 ) cause it's almost no way to flank Jadtiger.

Reason why I said that is after the Tiger get nerf in health + M36 Jackson crazy damage, it's just not worth to bring out Tiger atm. Instead, Ostheer player in 2vs2 should just stick with P4 + Elephant combo and OKW use Command Panther ( To get sight + movement ) + King Tiger to take the hit so Elephant can deal with enemy tanks.

My 2vs2 AT team current rank is 42 atm ( It was 24 but buddy went to France for a month :D ) and I got a +14 win streak from that tactic ( until the day my internet deiced to turn off in the midđle of the match ) so I'm speaking from my 2vs2 experience.
5 Jul 2014, 19:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

^Tigers are still beast and i never liked to rely on the Elephant which can be easily countered.
5 Jul 2014, 19:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 14:57 PMNapalm
Sarantini. It is what happens when a King Tiger v1 and a Elephant mate. It has a turreted gun (coffee still kicking in), very high frontal armor, better speed (when compared to the Elephant), can kill infantry (unlike the Elephant), and can be called in more than once.

In my opinion being able to call in more than one ruins dynamics of the game. Due to the Jagdtiger being the best at everything why should the OKW player build any other type of armor?

Edit: Can also shoot through buildings like a Pak43.

It's revenge on the Soviets for their ISU squadwipes :snfCHVGame:
5 Jul 2014, 20:03 PM
Patrion 14

In a team game, you will damage your side by waiting 435 fuel for the Jagdtiger (against T-34/85 spam or whatnot). That's a lot of time with no armor on the field. The Elefant, is incrementally not as good but it is available after a reasonable time and at a much lower cost.

saving up for a super tank in 3v3+ team games is not that hard
6 Jul 2014, 17:30 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I try play against a JT. I'm back to the past of ISU / ELE
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak