Login

russian armor

Team balance

3 Jul 2014, 00:43 AM

Over the course of the last week I started noticing a trend of stomps in team battles. They were either at the side of my team(Allied) or Axis. Analysing the data of those matches I noticed the line of unfair ranking, where I either get matched with level ~90 people or ~10.(My rank is 40)

I would assume this is due the fact that the Allied factions are unpopular at the moment, showing a ~20% of player base playing it. This is something which is really starting to ruin the game for me, stomping is not fun but getting stomped is even worse.

With the most recent patch notes, and the heavy nerfs to the Allied forced, I only see this becoming a bigger problem. Axis-Allied might make a better match-up high ranked now but on low ranks there soon won't be any fun match-ups left.

What I was wondering is if more people are noticing this trend, and if so how do you guys feel about the nerfs coming to the Allied side?

Cheers!
4 Jul 2014, 02:09 AM

Been playing Double USA, finding it very weak if the axis survives the mid-game.
4 Jul 2014, 02:30 AM

Interesting...
I've been playing a fair amount of 2v2s and I've always thought my teammates have been pretty low skilled (to put it politely) I always find myself with an impressive army by mid game, when I look at my fellow player he always has a couple of AT guns and a squad of infantry or two... kinda aggravating to say the least.
4 Jul 2014, 04:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Been playing Double USA, finding it very weak if the axis survives the mid-game.

As you said, if you SURVIVE the early mid game.
4 Jul 2014, 05:13 AM

As you said, if you SURVIVE the early mid game.

We don't abuse volley fire and only get one AA halftrack. It's quite hard to end a game against a comparably skilled player within the 15-20 minute window before they start to become increasingly potent over time.
4 Jul 2014, 12:51 PM

We don't abuse volley fire and only get one AA halftrack. It's quite hard to end a game against a comparably skilled player within the 15-20 minute window before they start to become increasingly potent over time.

The late game of the Axis is indeed better, but that wasn't the issue I was trying to address. If you queue as a group you can counter an Axis player by having a great early game(due good communication/tactics etc), yet when playing with a low skilled random against 2 good Axis players you are pretty much screwed and they'll get into late.

Over the last week the Allies have been seeing less and less players and ofcourse this goes at the expense of good team balancing. The appeal will just get worse with these nerfs. It could be a good idea to to bring a late game commander to the allies(Which ofcourse lacks the early-mid game perks) so it'll be a bit more fun to overcome the late game(When your matchup is clearly unfair)

I realise adjusting a game towards the lesser skilled is not common practice but it's just really hard for at least me(queuing randoms) to get into the game when you have so little good matchups.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★