Login

russian armor

Rear Echelon Suppresive fire.

2 Jul 2014, 22:08 PM

US needs suppression power in the early game otherwise it is too hard.
2 Jul 2014, 22:17 PM

This is already the case, It's very hard to suppress squads with it at range in heavy cover. The suppression works like any other suppression where cover helps to reduce it.

Ok, maybe volly just needs to be toned down a bit or just make it so it can not suppress at all in green cover. also you can only volly one squad at a time .
2 Jul 2014, 22:41 PM

They're called Riflemen. Soviets and Germans have to use positioning and cover to win - so should Americans who already have quite and edge with superior riflemen.

Superior is relative. They lose to Sturmpios except in specific circumstances, they have no proper counter to MG42 until utility car shows up, they can get beaten by Volks if grenade is used, are on a fairly equal footing with grenadiers, and lose to a decently used Kubel 1v1, ect. Rifles are in no way early game juggernauts and they kinda require RET support against some units. I don't mind toning down the volley fire as it IS really powerful, but removing means what, that US can pretty much only use rifles in combat for the first minutes of the game and RET are only ever useful to cap? Seems like a pretty bad change to me.
2 Jul 2014, 22:42 PM

They're called Riflemen. Soviets and Germans have to use positioning and cover to win - so should Americans who already have quite and edge with superior riflemen.

Trying to compare the USF to Soviets and Wehr in terms of design is laughable.
2 Jul 2014, 22:56 PM
Patrion 14

Trying to compare the USF to Soviets and Wehr in terms of design is laughable.

What? I can't compare basic early game engagement tactics? They both have rifles, both have infantry. I have no idea what you are trying to tell me.
2 Jul 2014, 23:06 PM

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page3

They have just changed it anyway:

Volley Fire
Added Animator state while ability is active
Rear Echelon now receive a 50% receive accuracy penalty while active
Removed Cooldown bonus
Removed Reload Bonus
Reduce suppression values from 0.4 to 0.2
2 Jul 2014, 23:57 PM

Patch notes were edited. I suspect that those changes are not live.

It was probably just a bugfix patch.
3 Jul 2014, 00:08 AM

Permanently Banned
http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page3

They have just changed it anyway:

Volley Fire
Added Animator state while ability is active
Rear Echelon now receive a 50% receive accuracy penalty while active
Removed Cooldown bonus
Removed Reload Bonus
Reduce suppression values from 0.4 to 0.2

Where is this. Coudlnt find it under the link you provided
3 Jul 2014, 02:06 AM

They removed the patch notes.
4 Jul 2014, 10:52 AM

The change went in with the recent patch i believe, the RE suppress slower now, and everyone else is forgetting something really important with the other factions engineers and the USF RE, the USF literally dont need them, not for tech building not for repairing and mine laying with them is a joke. Plus they cant even used in the anti building role since they dont get gernades or the flamethrower. Their only purpose in the USF is that they can clear mines and obstacles and that they are a cheap and VERY SQUISHY weapon platform.

Increasing the price of this unit will mean it would need to be scaled up for it to be useful, and make in pretty much like riflemen-lite. Instead of having their own identity.
5 Jul 2014, 11:13 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS