Login

russian armor

Point Forward Retreat advantage for the USF / OKW

30 Jun 2014, 15:05 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Playing as SOV/WER is very difficult to play against this. The units become operational to being 100%. They will prepared more defensively to be at the frontline. I think the devs, should rework this.

- Should be a time delay your reinforcement as further from the baseHQ
30 Jun 2014, 15:17 PM

There is a delay time. OKW units take longer to reinforce than other armies.

Also the forward point is a double-edged sword. It gives a good advntage of time but it's a big risk in terms of base-pin / artillery / mortars.

If your opponent goes far forward - get two mortars. They'll kill a lot of inf and do good damge to the truck.
30 Jun 2014, 19:16 PM

And it also cost a shitload of manpower in the beginning
30 Jun 2014, 19:23 PM

There is a delay time. OKW units take longer to reinforce than other armies.

No, they don't. They reinforce accordingly to the cost.

Rest you've pretty much got right.
1 Jul 2014, 00:02 AM

Permanently Banned
Is very risk put the points in frontline, and 1 good mortar can rip then..
1 Jul 2014, 00:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 19:23 PMKatitof

Doesnt change the fact that most of their units take much longer then other armies'
1 Jul 2014, 02:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Its really really really really really expensive and risky to do so.
1 Jul 2014, 03:28 AM

The time it takes to reinforce is actually fairly long.

As for Americans, medic truck is made of paper.

The way to deal with these positions is just to move up with suppression and some sort of AT (ATgun, or a tank) and kill off the truck.
1 Jul 2014, 08:32 AM

You're right, thanks for the correction :)

As someone has pointed out, the reinforce cost does mean they take longer, it's something to bear in mind when playing for or vs OKW.

1 Jul 2014, 09:56 AM

I will say this: Soviet Counterattack Tactics Commander, works like a charm
1 Jul 2014, 10:20 AM

I´m confused. 2 People now have said that the forward retreat is very expensive. Is this only for the USF? I've only played a few games vs OKW with soviets as I just came back from a holiday, but for the OKW it's only 200mp/40 fuel for a forward retreat/healing station + tier unlock. This is not expensive at all when compared to the Ostheer and Soviets.

Ostheer can't even get a forward retreat option. A forward healing/reinforce combo is 300mp/120 ammo, and this does not even unlock any new units. Soviets also can't get a forward retreat option, and their FHQ is limited to 1 commander and is more expensive than the truck. And just like the ostheer, it does not dubble up as a tier unlock.

Am I missing something here?
1 Jul 2014, 10:43 AM

it costs 300 mp to unlock it on top of T2 cost.
1 Jul 2014, 13:12 PM

USF can't rush Major(Our forward point). You need at least Lieutenant(We'll assume his cost as he's cheaper than Captain), which isn't a bad squad in of itself, but has a hefty fuel cost attached(60 iirc, though I may be thinking of the Captain in which case Lieutenant is probably around 40 fuel). Then the Major again is 90 fuel and has paper durability.

And to make a forward point work you need to bring up a Med Truck so you don't have 1/3 hp squads going into battle. That's about 15 fuel, and it can't escape any of Axis's starting squads so if it's flanked it's fucked, so you need a squad to babysit your forward point at all times.

So, in order for Americans to set up their forward retreat point they need somewhere in the region 700 manpower and 145-165+ fuel, and it can be taken out by small arms fire or completely fucked by artillery fire of any kind(mortars etc.), it's hardly too strong. Given the massive emphasis on infantry that USF has(Given its tanks are pretty bad), it's kind of a required expense but is also incredibly high risk.

Of course, on the flip side, if you lose your Major it's only 160mp to get him back. But you don't want to lose your Major.

I'm not as familiar with how it works with OKW, so I'll only say that it's dramatically different to the US method, as you actually require hard anti-tank(Or 3 demo charges) in order to destroy it, whereas some small arms, grenades or minor artillery will wipe up an American F.O.B.

Of course, it can also backfire with them. They set up in the wrong place at the wrong time, I park a HMG in a building and they're pretty much screwed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 43
Poland 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment