Login

russian armor

The small things matter

29 Jun 2014, 20:48 PM

With WFA not only two new factions were added but Relic also worked a lot on the details.
Let's make a list of the little things that were introduced/changed with the release of WFA that are helpful and/or pretty cool.

• The ability to hover over the commanders/bulletins in the loading screen
  • Being able to view what your mate is building while he builds
  • The possibilty to continue a game after it has finished
  • The ability to loot items that had to be bought before
  • The health bar for team weapons
  • Having 5 vetos in 2 on 2 matches
  • Introduction of the lobby
  • Looking at your mate's ranking ingame

You have noticed more things that made you happy?
Put them on the list!
30 Jun 2014, 01:33 AM

The good:
- Ability to change your loadout on the fly without leaving the lobby
- Victory strikes!

The not-so-helpful:
- UI Opacity slider (???)
- Combining ALL bulletins into one big, overwhelming list. Need easier way to filter
30 Jun 2014, 02:45 AM

The good:
- Ability to change your loadout on the fly without leaving the lobby
- Victory strikes!

The not-so-helpful:
- UI Opacity slider (???)
- Combining ALL bulletins into one big, overwhelming list. Need easier way to filter

there is a filter for all spoil items. just click on the tab labled bulletens lol
30 Jun 2014, 03:25 AM

i really like relic paying attention to these small details to make game more humane...
30 Jun 2014, 03:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 03:25 AMnwglfls
i really like relic paying attention to these small details to make game more humane...
30 Jun 2014, 03:57 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

where can you see your mate's ranking ingame? im missing something?
30 Jun 2014, 04:29 AM

You can detonate demo charges through the fog of war now.

Edit: You can view the ranking (really, it's the level from experience plus prestige) by clicking on the arrow on the top left corner of a player 'card'. It flips over.
30 Jun 2014, 04:44 AM
Patrion 15

I love all the points that the OP started with, and I also love the overall polish of the release. Little things like
-Weapon racks on the USF HQ buildings actually opening up and making the BARs/Zooks/Brownings visible.

-The crew of the sturmtiger exiting to reload the gun, all of the AMAZING vehicle sounds, most of the new weapons (the sturmpios mp44s sound amazing, the falls FG42s sound a little disappointing).

-I love the UI changes, the fact that you can scroll over commanders and check their abilities is nice for those that don't have them all memorized. All in all, this release is very polished and well put together.

The balance issues will be easy to nail down with feedback, and overall the game looks like it is heading for an incredibly bright future. Major props Relic, thanks for listening! #HYPE!
30 Jun 2014, 06:20 AM

In addition I like the Sturmpioneers ability to put away their minesweeper. Would be nice to see this thing on other pioneers/engineers too!
30 Jun 2014, 10:33 AM

You can see the healthbar for teamweapons??? i did not see that!!! Maned weapons or unmaned?
30 Jun 2014, 10:44 AM

You can see the healthbar for teamweapons??? i did not see that!!! Maned weapons or unmaned?

Both manned and unmanned.
30 Jun 2014, 10:57 AM

Im verry happy to se custom maps being easily available i the lobbies. I really think that gives us some exciting posibilities.
30 Jun 2014, 11:29 AM

Both manned and unmanned.

Thanks man!
30 Jun 2014, 12:13 PM

In addition I like the Sturmpioneers ability to put away their minesweeper. Would be nice to see this thing on other pioneers/engineers too!

You can do that?!
30 Jun 2014, 15:12 PM

You can do that?!

Yes, after you upgraded the minesweeper the ability appears.
In this case the minesweeper will be put away to get back the full fighting power but you can't detect mines unless it's put out again.
30 Jun 2014, 15:13 PM

Yes, after you upgraded the minesweeper the ability appears.
In this case the minesweeper will be put away to get back the full fighting power but you can't detect mines unless it's put out again.

On top of that, sweeper upgrade makes them repair faster.
1 Jul 2014, 06:14 AM

Wow thanks guys! :)
1 Jul 2014, 07:38 AM

They removed the Squad Overlay 'triangle' that would collapse the squad icons. This wasn't useful, in fact detrimental, as you'd accidentally collapse squads while trying to select one.
1 Jul 2014, 08:50 AM

Im really bummed there is no random Feature and that still like half the maps are removed from the game essentailly do to not being in the automap pool

These are the two things I want so bad Random armies and commanders even if you choose.

And maybe a Hardcore ladder or something along those lines with all maps available and mirror matches allowed. I would love to see this so much just like shooters have the hardcore mode or whatever.

Or maybe it could be called anything goes mode or something. it would feature 1. all maps 2. mirror matches enabled 3. the ability to go full random that includes Faction, Commanders, and Bulletins and any other features that you guys might suggest that would be fun and cool to add to it.

Obviously this would not replace the default standard ladder that we have in place right now that is the accepted form of competitive play, but it would be an alternative mode to allow those of us that really wish to to experience the game and its content in a much more full/all encompassing environment.

It would be great for training and coming up with new strategies/developing different metas and it would allow us to more fully be able to explore the depth of Company of Heroes 2.

This is something I would love to see in the game so badly it makes me squirm with anticipation and hopefulness. I don't think there is any real argument that can be made why this shouldnt happen if you dont like it you dont have to play this mode while it gives those of us that want to expore the game in a much more full way the ability to do so.
1 Jul 2014, 19:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

there is a filter for all spoil items. just click on the tab labled bulletens lol

Yes, but you cannot filter them by type like you could before.

A couple months down the line when everyone has multiple copies this will be a PITA
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★