Login

russian armor

Stream sniping - da hell is that?

7 Mar 2013, 13:47 PM

Doesn't everyone make an excuse for losing?

you ever listened to yourself? how you make excuses? look at other streamers, they don't make such a bad excuses like you do
7 Mar 2013, 14:20 PM

Can you two just stop? You are making that little bullshit quarrel worse

Chill out and just let it gone
7 Mar 2013, 15:12 PM

7 Mar 2013, 15:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Oh man, good thread x)
7 Mar 2013, 15:28 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I think it's enough guys :)
7 Mar 2013, 17:20 PM

Sorry Daniel but your mistaken I did see both their names in the stream. I checked it on my second monitor so you may of not seen it. I did this during the start of the game and after. The chat window at the top of my stream only shows a portion of the stream viewers. IF YOU LOOK CAREFULLY all of the names before C are not visible. Bartonpl was in the chat. It only takes one of them to stream cheat you for them both to be guilty.

The issue here is not stream sniping but stream cheating. Watching someone's stream while you are also playing against them is like having the fog of war turned off. This should warrant an immediate ban.

Not trying to defend Barton but sometimes when I'm playing a streamer I keep the stream open and just pause it (or close stream and popout chat window) just to look at the chat after.

7 Mar 2013, 18:09 PM

It does make sense. If they have a permanent IP ban on twitch they cannot stream cheat. Simple as that. Therefore in future, all games against these players in CoH you can be certain that they are not stream cheating. Problem solved.

no, it does not.

WALL OF TEXT OF WHY IP BANS DONT WORK ENSUES, you can skip this paragraph if you don't want to read about it.

IP bans are the worst possible bans (at least as long as IPv4 lives, which will be quite a while in my expectation, and even in IPv6 they aren't too great, albeit better than in IPv4).
Imagine you are a stand up comedian at a venue, doing a daily show. Someone is interrupting you all the time etc. etc. An IP ban would equal to banning the seat the person is taking up. All the troll has to do, is get another seat (aka IP, which you do by simply redialing your connection via a router restart). Not only is your ban ineffective at keeping the troll away, but also the seat you just banned will stay empty forever (the IP is banned, if someone else gets the IP 10 secs later, he will be unable to watch your stream, however unlikely it might be that exactly that person wants to view your stream). Even MAC address bans are ineffective, since you can change MAC addresses (which are device specific, as in each NIC in the world should have a unique MAC address) with the appropriate tools (it's a bit more complicated than simply restarting your router every time).
In IPv6, each device should always get the same IP, but apart from the fact that you can simply change that IP, even if you don't... it would, again, be a device specific ban (like MAC address bans)... he might not be able to watch your stream on his smartphone, but his PC and Laptop are fine etc. etc..

also: saying stream cheating should warrant a ban is an opinion like saying any "great game for coh" user should be banned... though i have to admit, great game users might have a harder time defending themselves...
if you suspect somebody is stream cheating and you don't want to be stream cheated... TURN YOUR FUCKING STREAM OFF. there's hotkeys for that....

nobody can press a hotkey in game to stop somebody from maphacking, synchacking, drophacking, using scripts or whatever... but stream cheating can be stopped.

complaining about stream cheating is like putting your money on the street and complaining about people picking up the money... i'm not trying to defend stream cheaters here, it's annoying yes... but it's a) impossible to prove and b) stupidly easy to stop.
7 Mar 2013, 18:12 PM

Doesn't everyone make an excuse for losing?

Only people who don't want to improve their game. And frankly you aren't any better than the first time I played against you 2 or 3 years ago, so go figure.

If you lost, there's usually something you could have done better. Yeah, this game has RNG, and luck plays a factor, but if luck was that big of a deal the same 4 guys wouldn't win every major event.

I know I'm wasting my time telling someone on an internet forum this, but you would really benefit from being more honest with yourself.
7 Mar 2013, 18:17 PM

7 Mar 2013, 19:00 PM

L2 english? I hear they make tutorials for that too.

Seriously?! How many languages do you speak, English and a few words in Mexican? You ignoramus Americans sicken me sometimes (I'm not referring to all Americans, just the "ignoramus" ones ;))...

Disclaimer: Yes... I get the reference, but nevertheless this is just an unmerited low shot that further proves your naivety. I also don't base my judgement of you on this sole comment; I've come across plenty of your other callow remarks and it just baffles me that you're still allowed to flaunt that badge of yours.
7 Mar 2013, 19:03 PM

There's always an option to set delay, if you suspect someone is stream cheating. I don't have a problem stream sniping with mute etc, and I don't believe they were stream cheating.
7 Mar 2013, 19:38 PM

It's generally bad form for staff members to get involved in petty trolling like this, and it's always bad form to make fun of people for their English when it's a second language or their appearance. So yeah, someone should lock this and hand out some warnings.
7 Mar 2013, 19:53 PM

It's generally bad form for staff members to get involved in petty trolling like this, and it's always bad form to make fun of people for their English when it's a second language or their appearance. So yeah, someone should lock this and hand out some warnings.

this is the 4chan of coh2 sites...

your post, just like this one, is completly off topic and only serves to derail this thread more. also: are you better than him for calling him out?
7 Mar 2013, 20:14 PM

Seriously?! How many languages do you speak, English and a few words in Mexican? SPANISH

fixed for ya
7 Mar 2013, 20:24 PM

fixed for ya

You seem to have missed the point... I suppose that just further proves the validity of my former remarks.
Needless to say, I'm fully aware that Mexicans speak Spanish.
7 Mar 2013, 20:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Alright, let's get back on topic here again shall we? :)
7 Mar 2013, 20:35 PM

Not until barbie defines his stereotype of a "ignoramus" American. You mean like one those people that thought the southeast was under attack when Russia invaded Georgia?
7 Mar 2013, 20:57 PM

Alright, let's get back on topic here again shall we? :)

Sure. :)
7 Mar 2013, 21:10 PM

this is the 4chan of coh2 sites...

your post, just like this one, is completly off topic and only serves to derail this thread more. also: are you better than him for calling him out?

Oh, my mistake then, I had thought this one was supposed to be a bit better than GR.

This thread can't be derailed, it's pointless and stupid. Yes, I am. Staff should be held to a higher standard of posting quality, and some obviously are not meeting that requirement, such as yourself.

Edit: Although I did appreciate your explanation of IP bans and why they don't work.
7 Mar 2013, 21:15 PM

hit the gym buddy

This Spoiler makes me laugh :D thx buddy!

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★