Login

russian armor

American blob

28 Jun 2014, 13:28 PM

This game shouldnt be about blobing your infantry. The americans (however i play with or against them) blob their infantry with their lmgs/BARs and it's super effective. The gunner of the HMG just gets killed over and over again and artillery (at least nothing to destroy and punish a huge blob) is not avialable that early in the game. So they kill just everything with a huge attack and your squads die in whole if you micro something else for a second. It's just sad to see a CoH 2 faction drifting that way.
28 Jun 2014, 13:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This game shouldnt be about blobing your infantry. The americans (however i play with or against them) blob their infantry with their lmgs/BARs and it's super effective. The gunner of the HMG just gets killed over and over again and artillery (at least nothing to destroy and punish a huge blob) is not avialable that early in the game. So they kill just everything with a huge attack and your squads die in whole if you micro something else for a second. It's just sad to see a CoH 2 faction drifting that way.

Get a flak halftrack, get a pupchen to counter their AA halftrack. Enjoy smashing blobs until they probably delay halftrack deployment.
28 Jun 2014, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 13:35 PMTobis

Get a flak halftrack, get a pupchen to counter their AA halftrack. Enjoy smashing blobs until they probably delay halftrack deployment.

Yeah, but the problem is that the US-Rifleman can be equiped with bazookas for AT-capabilities and if they use the Leutnant and the Captain as well they have heavy anti-infantry firepower combined with enough AT to counter at least halftracks. I do not say that it's unbeatable, but its a pretty good tactic for the americans to win earlygame to early-midgame engagements. In my opinion it shouldn't be that way because blobing does not require much micro and is easier (in fact). That's not CoH 2.
28 Jun 2014, 14:47 PM

Just counter spam panzerfussiliers, fight in green cover and wait untill you can get out that rocketlauncher of mass destruction.
28 Jun 2014, 14:53 PM

New germans drift into blobbing as well this isnt just a USA thing
28 Jun 2014, 14:58 PM

As Ostheer I always use the Bulletin for additional XP on the MG42. Those Vet 1 fire bullets are quite impressive. From Vet 2 onwards, they are good without the ability.

Keep in mind riflemen give you more XP than conscripts and don´t have Oraah.

Never use a single MG though. Two or three MGs with a halftrack can lock down a point well enough.
28 Jun 2014, 15:23 PM

Blobs should be easily counter able with smart play unfortunately blobing with USA is a bit too rewarding right now and not punished hard enough. Especially when you play as Wermaht (OH).
I'd start from giving some love to MG42.
28 Jun 2014, 15:24 PM

back to basics guys, mg + infantry combos. US are pretty easy to get locked down by multiple mgs, more over they lack the necessary early game counters to a support team heavy playstyle.

only until they pop up with a pack howitzer or a mht then they can start breaking ur lines. anything before that is usually quite a mp bleed on rifles.

honestly, panzerfusiliers and volks spam strategy is more potent than rifle spam
28 Jun 2014, 15:46 PM

Blobbed units should receive a 1.25x received accuracy modifier :D
28 Jun 2014, 15:49 PM

Blobbed units should receive a 1.25x received accuracy modifier :D

I think that'd actually be a good idea. Blobs seem to be very common this patch.

edit: then again there are maps where all you can do is to blob or spam support weapons.
28 Jun 2014, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 15:49 PMZtormi

I think that'd actually be a good idea. Blobs seem to be very common this patch.

edit: then again there are maps where all you can do is to blob or spam support weapons.

That's why some maps need to be reworked.
28 Jun 2014, 16:12 PM

The maps are not well designed for vehicle play.
28 Jun 2014, 16:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i think as people get used to the new factions blobbing will go down.
28 Jun 2014, 17:42 PM

Bad players blob, there's a lot of bad players. Learn how your preferable faction works and what counters they have against blobbing and you can punish shit play pretty easily.
28 Jun 2014, 19:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 14:53 PMTetley
New germans drift into blobbing as well this isnt just a USA thing
28 Jun 2014, 21:16 PM

Giving US player only 2 type of unit to begin with, calling them blobbing, what a cool story
28 Jun 2014, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 21:16 PMUGBEAR
Giving US player only 2 type of unit to begin with, calling them blobbing, what a cool story

It does not matter whether you blob some units of the same kind or some different units. There are also blobs with HMGs and mobile infantry combined (whether this is potent or not is not the point right now). It's about the strenght of a blob. In my opinion they (Relic) should increase the aiming time for those units, which are shooting through another squad of their own team. A blob would have some less DPS. A change like that would make blobing more "uncommon". (Also it would be more realistic because soliders have to aim a bit better in order to not hit their own men.)
28 Jun 2014, 23:41 PM

2x Pioneer squads
Build mine field in 5~ seconds
Wait for him to walk through it.

In all seriousness, both sides are building a ton of infantry right now. Bleeding manpower is what wins you the game, as you'll gain such a huge economical advantage in the late game. Work on your mortar micro and maybe consider using bunker MG's (either to garrison your mg or as an emplacement) to help control key areas. I'd also recommend using a sniper against americans for this reason.

29 Jun 2014, 00:37 AM
Admin Red  Badge

American blob can be powerful, indeed. When you play OKW just go for double Kübelwagen in order to control a blob in early/mid game. Be careful with enemy AT. Then go for elite infantry or Stuka zu Fuß.

I am figuring out how to counter US-blob as Ostheer, frankly, BAR'd rifleman eliminate MG42 swiftly even if they're positioned.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 22
unknown 20
Russian Federation 45
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %